OK, so what ARE we supposed to talk about???

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrPeng:

I also shave in the shower - without a mirror.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're insane. You only can get away with it because a) you're a pod, and have some sort of bizarre skin or other outer covering, or B) you're cheating and use one of them 'lectric things, in which case I would recommend that you get one with a nice long cord that plugs into the wall. They're much better and provide a closer shave than those wimpy little battery powered thingies (no, Bauhaus, not what you're thinking).

I think BTS believes that any discussion about what happened that horrible day will quickly reach boiling point. There is more than likely going to be people bagging the Moslems and people bagging the US and I dont think any of us want that...

[ 09-15-2001: Message edited by: chasd ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tero:

I agree with BTS's general gag order. BUT.... The Peng tread is due for a renewal soon. Who ever said it has to be the not-so-serious BS venting tread every time ?

The names of the tread have always been a joke but if it was named something like "A Peng challenge that changed the world" and there was a silent agreement that this time we dispence with the bull and stick to more serious matters while keeping it unlocked by being polite for a change perhaps BTS will let it live.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get real. You know it would just devolve into a flamefest, particularlyl when someone suggested it took not one but TWO Finnish uper-soldiers to kill an entire Russian division.

It would all be downhill from there.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tero:

I agree with BTS's general gag order. BUT.... The Peng tread is due for a renewal soon. Who ever said it has to be the not-so-serious BS venting tread every time ?

The names of the tread have always been a joke but if it was named something like "A Peng challenge that changed the world" and there was a silent agreement that this time we dispence with the bull and stick to more serious matters while keeping it unlocked by being polite for a change perhaps BTS will let it live.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When threatened by the irrational, lunacy is the best defense. While denizens of Pengdom are hardly normal, the existence of the thread itself is the very essence of normalcy. Being true to ourselves is our greatest victory.

As an anarcho-syndicalist commune, the Peng Thread will resist any effort to impose order, or meaning, of any kind, on its proceedings.

We will continue to provide a beacon on the BBS for the impious and irreverent, and we will continue to demonstrate by example what the rest of you can expect when you have devolved sufficiently.

The Peng Thread defiantly remains itself, at the extreme front of normalcy.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

When threatened by the irrational, lunacy is the best defense. While denizens of Pengdom are hardly normal, the existence of the thread itself is the very essence of normalcy.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro," - Hunter S. Thompson

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I agree with BTS's general gag order. BUT.... The Peng tread is due for a renewal soon. Who ever said it has to be the not-so-serious BS venting tread every time? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Okay, just talking off the top of my head here but could it be ... MadMatt?

Joe

Hey thanks Pvt. Ryan for the sites. This is kind of what I need right now but also need this forum when I get through venting/discussing this situation. So now we have somewhere to go thanks to you and BTS can concentrate on the game and not have to babysit us. Works out just fine. ;)