Happiest community?

Is it just me or does CM have the happiest community on the net? Everyone seems to be getting along great. Was there ever any flamefests or anything like that here? Quite a contrast to the current WW2OL forum. ;)

Happy companies that make happy games make for happy communities. You won't see any of our tanks flying or getting knocked over by a breeze-wafting branch.

We all play a well-made game, released AFTER all the bugs (well most) were taken care of. We have a dialogue with the owners and designers and we know what to expect and that when we get it, it will WORK.

So, the two keys to success on the internet are:

Quality Product

Customer Support

Whil the game you mentioned has vast potential, it is destroying both itself and all future attempts to do a similar game by the ineptitude of its designers, its lack of beta-testing, and the "Release it NOW attitude of its marketing partners."

Big Time Software suffers none of those ills. Hence, a successful company and a happy community. Now, where's the milk and cookies?

Honestly I wasn't trying to stir things up or anything, it was a genuine question. I really enjoy this forum and hope to do so for a while yet. So please don't BBQ this quite innocent Swede. smile.gif

you guys have no idea how good you have it..

I am a total newbie to CMBO, and Im loving playing it.

But my online life revolves around Unreal Tournament.

And its a goddamn miserable community. Everyone flames everyone else all the time. Its a hatred fest. Its amazing that I still love the game so much

Here everyone seems nice and no flame wars

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Ill second that, we even build a bridge to them arrrrhhh. Now where is that dynamite !!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll help you with that. Only reason WE built that stinkin' bridge was easier access to your beer. Turns out it's actually more expensive taking the darn bridge than it is by ferry!!! :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Swedes? Who cares about the Swedes -- it's the Finns ya gots to look out for. They are some Bad Muthaf*ckers. How do I know? Just look at their wallets. They're the ones that say "Bad Muthaf*cker" on them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well get this then: I'm half finnish!! Muahahahahahaha

:D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arzenal:

you guys have no idea how good you have it..

I am a total newbie to CMBO, and Im loving playing it.

But my online life revolves around Unreal Tournament.

And its a goddamn miserable community. Everyone flames everyone else all the time. Its a hatred fest. Its amazing that I still love the game so much

Here everyone seems nice and no flame wars<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another factor might be... what is the typical age of Unreal Tournament players?

There was a "survey" done a while back on this forum, and the average age is around 35.

(heh heh I quote my age here because it's more convenient, I don't have to look up the right answer.)

:eek:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by daft:

Well get this then: I'm half finnish!! Muahahahahahaha

:D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, does that mean you're only half done?

:cool: :D

[edited to keep the hamsters happy]

[ 06-13-2001: Message edited by: Barticus ]

Or just a muthalover? 8P

The CM forum is amazingly well-behaved compared to USENET -- it's nothing to do with age because there are 40 year old wankers running around USENET trolling their hearts out.

It's because we all know and love this game and its designers... GROUP HUG!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by boy_Recon:

I've always liked to think that the large English presence in the CM fraternity has inparted a more cultured, gentlemanly, and refined tone than one tends to find in the forums left to the colonials and Europeans.

:D:D:D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously, sir, you have not visited the CessPool (aka The Mutha' Beautiful Thread) recently!

:D:D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Barticus:

Obviously, sir, you have not visited the CessPool (aka The Mutha' Beautiful Thread) recently!

:D:D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neither has he been to a British football match, nor to Spain to see the hordes of package tour proles come off the planes, bottles of duty free vodka clenched in their fists, doughy thighs aquiver.

:D:D:D

Of course Ugly Americans are just as bad as Ugly Brits, but the idea that the denizens of that particular island (17th class system and 18th century plumbing notwithstanding) have a monopoly on culture and civility is silly.

:D:D:D