Panther A Mod, Italy 1943/44

I got a brand new scanner some days ago, so I tried to make a Panther A mod using some pictures and Adobe Photoshops 4 (Paint shop pro evaluation didn't work after 30 days of trial...).

The tank was used on the Italian front, near Anzio.

Let me know if someone want it, and I'll try to send the file via email.

Here are some pictures:

Un11187.jpg

Uh49737.jpg

Tp72766.jpg

------------------

Audace

Ammiraglio di Squadra

1a Squadra Navale

"In Arduis Intrepida"

Regia Marina Italiana

------------------

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, that is AWESOME, just looked over the detail a little bit more. That is truly top notch. Did you scan in the images are did you paint from them?

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

"I do what I likes, and I likes what I do."--Darrell Hammond (portraying Bill Clinton), SNL

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

WOW

Thats amazing!

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Originally posted by Jasper:

And I wonder how long you've been waiting to use that word in idle conversation!?!!

I'm still waiting for defenestration.

smile.gif

My entire lurking life on this forum, LOL!

biggrin.gif

------------------

Give a man fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for a lifetime.

Audace, your Panther is outstanding! E-mail me one please! Only thing is, it's too good. Now you'll have to make all the rest.. smile.gif

------------------

Vor der Kaserne, vor dem grossen Tor, stand eine Laterne und steht sie nach davor.

So wollen wir uns wiedersehn, bei der Laterne woll'n wir stehn,

wie einst Lili-Marleen,

wie einst Lili-Marleen.

Thanks guys!

Maximus and Pascal di Folco:

ok I changed the luminosity settings, now it seems less shining and the turret isn't too dark compared to the hull.

Maximus, yes I scanned the images then tried to fit them on the *.bmps. I don't know why but the hull was more luminosity than the turret, maybe it's a scanner problem.

Mattias: you're right, it's a D model! wink.gif

I got the pictures from a book called: "Storia dei Mezzi Corazzati - 1940/1943" (History of AFV - 1940/43), quite an old book I re-discovered in that mess called my house.

The ZIP file is around 1 MB, so I'll try to send as many as possible now!

If somebody could host the file, at least for one day so who want the mod can get it more easily.

VS37925.jpg

... changed luminosity

oh.. by the way, Vergeltungswaffe you're right about the number; on the other side it's backwards. I'll try to delete it and make the number on the back of the turret.

------------------

Audace

Ammiraglio di Squadra

1a Squadra Navale

"In Arduis Intrepida"

Regia Marina Italiana

------------------

[This message has been edited by audace (edited 03-07-2001).]

It is stuff like this that just makes CM a killer. I am a flight sim junkie as well as a CM nut and the trend towards mods and the like is just awesome. I always check this board with the huge anticipation of knowing that there's more than likely a fantastic mod by one of the very talented people here. Congrats on a beautiful job to you and all the modders!

Later!

------------------

NCOIC,

718th TFW,

www.718tfw.com

Originally posted by audace:

Mattias: you're right, it's a D model! wink.gif

Not necessarily. The only difference between the Panther Ausf. A and D was the turret. The early Ausf. A used exactly the same hull as the Ausf. D.

The give-away is the commanders cupola. If it is the rounded cast cupola, the turret and hence the tank is an Ausf. A. If it is the old circular cupola with vertical sides, it is an Ausf. D. This seems to be an Ausf. A.

Another way of making the early A and the D apart are the front turret assembly. The front turret plate is interlocked with the side armour. If the part of the front hull armour interlocking with the side armour has straight edges, it is an Ausf. A turret. If it is dove-tailed, it is an Ausf. D.

Still, nice modelling regardless of Ausf. 8)

Claus B

And yet a third way, that got me thinking, is to count the number of wheel rim bolts. And the Panther depicted here is consistent with the "A" model as far as the bolts go.

However, there were always delays in production so I guess you could have a, more or less, Panther "D" turret on a, more or less, Panther "A" hull.

But yes, the cupola, being a later addition points towards an "A"

Still a great mod smile.gif

M.

[This message has been edited by Mattias (edited 03-07-2001).]