First Official Mod-Master Awards

Well, folks, it is award season again. You can see the stars buying new $50,000 dresses and watch them promenade in Beverly Hills, but here on the Battlefront UBB, we have our own little award show:

The First Annual Mod-Master Award Show!

Hooray! Okay, here are the categories as I see them:

Master Allied Modder

For this category I nominate Marco Bergman due to his diligence and eagle's eye for accuracy.

Master Axis Modder

I nominate Tiger for his undying devotion to bringing us pretty tanks.

Master Unique Vehicle Mod

My two nominees for this one are Kitty for her King Tiger (sweet!) and the unfathomable Audace who breezed in here out of the blue one day to drop us off a beautiful gem: his Pather.

Master Terain Modder

Tough call, but DD might just pull this one off. I also nominate Gunnslinger and Magua.

Master Unit Modder

Hmm, I'm not sure who to nominate, though I really like Panzerjager's Fallschirmjaeger. Maximus is also in the running for his winter U.S. units, I would think.

Master Unit Accessory

Tough choice. There are a few Unit Patch mods out there that are wonderful, some even using batch files. My first nominee however would be Mr. Bill for his alternate guns mod.

Master Interface Modder

Well, my two nominees for this category are Deanco for his clipboard style command interface and Deanco for his Gunmetal total conversion.

Master Unique Terrain Feature Modder

I nominate Tiger for his spooky looking swamp. I also nominate Magua for those startlingly life-like buildings he's always making.

Gentlemen please place your nominees so we can choose the master modders from among our ranks. And don't be afraid to add a category if there are some I missed.

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Master Unique Vehicle Mod

My two nominees for this one are Kitty for her King Tiger (sweet!) and the unfathomable Audace who breezed in here out of the blue one day to drop us off a beautiful gem: his Pather.

I'll bet Kitty wins the swimsuit competition hands down!!

------------------

Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice Doggy", until you can get a good sight picture.

I don't know, but for:

Master Building Modder

I nominate Panzertruppen. His buildings are featured in more screenshots than any other buildings mods.

Master Camo Modder

I nominate Gordon Molek for his camo versions of Marco's tanks. (Insider's note: He's got some US Camo tanks coming shortly along with Whitewashed versions and they look great.)

And for a insiders note on what's next on Marco's billing, let's just say it has a busline. wink.giftongue.gif US citizens might know what I mean.

------------------

For your dream car click here.

For a Close Encounter click here.

Hey look! I can see my house!

And for all you Hamster Lovers out there, check this out! Kitty, this one's for you!

No category for Canadian regimental insignia? Hmph.

I think all the modders out there are winners.

I prefer 109Gustav's fishing boat to Kitty's Tiger, actually, in the category of unique vehicle.

My congrats to all the mod artists; every single one who has been brave enough to put forth their work and open themselves to criticism, in an attempt to make our CM experience more enjoyable, deserves an award.

I'll nominate Kitty for the Unit Accessory Modder category (I think this would be the right one), for her 3-d hamster faces, which are a lot of fun to see in the game.

------------------

"No matter where you go, there you are"

I was actually thinking of nominating Rob/1 for "Modder of the Year" award. He has managed to turn the whole world of CM on its head with his "mysterious and inexplicable" mods.

And Mike Dorosh, the only reason you want a Canadian insignia category is because you would steal the show! Oh yes I have been to your site and your exhaustive work on the insignia of Canadian troops in WW2 sent chills down my spine. It is something only a Canuck could accomplish! smile.gif

I have difficulty with this one because there are so many very talented mod artists adding all kinds of new textures to this game.

Lets not forget Dan "KwazyDog" Olding, as his work created some of the very early textures.

(Very nice work)

ColCoolj should not be forgotten either as he worked on the M18 for the original release.

There are too many to mention.

I still like some of Gunslinger's mods the best.

I think I'm still using Gunslinger's grass.

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 03-20-2001).]

Guest Rex_Bellator

Just like to take this opportunity to thank all modders out there - you guys have taken one amazing game and transformed it into one f****** amazing game.

Thanks for all your continued work guys/gals ( smile.gif Kitty), and IMHO all the nominees mentioned so far have done outstanding work.

------------------

In blossom today

then scattered,

life is so like a delicate flower,

how can one expect the fragrance

to last forever

Vice Admiral Takijiro Ohnishi - Commander Kamikaze Special Attack Force

Not that I'm biased or anything, but Kitty should get the award for best mod, the King Tiger, but also for the most innovative/variety in mods category, what with the hamsters, cesspoolers, sound files, and in addition the serious mods she has produced or is currently working on.

Also there should be *ahem* an award for best AFV research/advisor team. wink.gif

Mace

Stormtroopers? I've never seen them, where are they? I MUST HAVE THEM!!!

Does a headquarters look like Darth Vader?

They look like this:

Stormtroopers1.jpg

Stormtroopers.jpg

And I'll send you a copy ASAP.

They are to be used for your Sturmkompanie, and the HQ does not look different. smile.gif

Cheers

Olle

Mine goes to the War Room mod by Treebrust155. It is very clear and concise -- giving crystal clear point where the best hull-down pos is. I saved a lot of my tanks with his mod.

Griffin.

Master Unique Terrain Feature Modder

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Get the CMSOD at Combat Missing Command Post (CMCP) at http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/

IIRC, there was even a Robotech Timberwolf mod for M18 Hellcat, wasn't it? I think I saw it somewhere? smile.gif

For "Master Unit Modder", Kitty's "3D Hamster face mod" wins hands down. No room for other views!

PL, you leave out "Master Infrastructure Modder" for mods on buidlings, bridges, etc. Mine goes to Tiger's Pillbox mod and ColCoolJ for his early authentic European buildings.

Griffin.

------------------

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Get the CMSOD at Combat Missing Command Post (CMCP) at http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/

Good idea, Jad.

For best website (other than mine, of course smile.gif), I nominate Combat Missions. Despite countless server problems, it's still one of the best resources for mods.

For scenarios, I nominate Parker's Crossroads, don't know the author. It really tests your skill when playing as the Amis in an infantry defense, antitank defense, and using limited resources.

------------------

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, Classic threads, and more!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

If we were going to do scenarios, we'd have to break it up a bit, like mods.

1. best allied vs. computer

2. best axis vs. computer

3. best head to head

4. best designer overall

5. and a special award to anyone who's actually used polish forces in a scenario.

As for best sight, we'd have to break it up into:

1. best design

2. best interface (useability)

3. best original content (features, cartoons, or whatever)

4. Most useful (scenarios and mods)

5. And (drumrolllll) Best overall.

I nominate combat visions for best original content, combat missions or krump's sight for design. I don't know about the rest. I would say CMHQ for original content and most useful but the damn scenario-lag and hard to read text cost it my vote.

[This message has been edited by Jadayne (edited 03-21-2001).]

Hey, is there any body out there organising this one? I suggest we form a committe and sort out the "awards" and co-ordinate the poll.

PL, you started all this, I think you cannot just go away, ever! smile.gif

Griffin.

------------------

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Guest wwb_99

I nominate Manx as mod-poster of the year. All these mods are great, but if they cannot be d/led the modsluts cannot be satisfied.

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.