voodoo users: how do YOU take a screenshot?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

Right then where was I?

With Voodoo 1 and 2 (can't say for 3 and above)you need HyperSnap running in the background. If you just hit Print Screen you get whatever was in your 2D cards' buffer.

HyperSnap needs to be configured to take shots from your 3D card. Go to capture tab then to Enable Special Capture, and fill in your cards details. Then you are all set to go

Things to note

(1) It must be running in the background

(2) Only one shot at a time

(3) Can be edited using HyperSnap or any other suitable program

(4) Unless you register Hypersnap you will always get its "business card" in the top left, and will always stay if you only use HyperSnap to edit your shot.

I have probably left things out but if you search using my member number you should find everything.

Cpl Carrot<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hypernap can be found at http://www.hyperionics.com/index.html

-------------------------------------------

i was told voodoo card users had to do something to take screenshots besides just hitting print screen or command shift 3. the search engine sucked cause i only got 8 responses or timed out when i inputted voodoo and screenshots.

being a happy nvidia user and voodoo virgin, i'd like to know,

do you:

o get a screen capture utility like hypersnap

o turn off directdraw acceleration

o something else?

[ 08-03-2001: Message edited by: russellmz ]

I have a V5, and I use hypersnap. I thought you had to use hypersnap in order to get the FSAA effects to show. Something about the way printscreen takes the image from a buffer in the vid card but in a V5 that buffer is prior to combining all the signals into the final glorious FSAA shot.

Right then where was I?

With Voodoo 1 and 2 (can't say for 3 and above)you need HyperSnap running in the background. If you just hit Print Screen you get whatever was in your 2D cards' buffer.

HyperSnap needs to be configured to take shots from your 3D card. Go to capture tab then to Enable Special Capture, and fill in your cards details. Then you are all set to go

Things to note

(1) It must be running in the background

(2) Only one shot at a time

(3) Can be edited using HyperSnap or any other suitable program

(4) Unless you register Hypersnap you will always get its "business card" in the top left, and will always stay if you only use HyperSnap to edit your shot.

I have probably left things out but if you search using my member number you should find everything.

Cpl Carrot

The glory of what hypersnap can do isn't even mentioned...

With hypersnap you can take a buttload of screenshots automatically numbered sequentially and saved without overwriting previous screenshots. This allows your wannabe aartist more freedom and the opportunity to get more good screens. I highly reccomend it smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juardis:

I thought you had to use hypersnap in order to get the FSAA effects to show. Something about the way printscreen takes the image from a buffer in the vid card but in a V5 that buffer is prior to combining all the signals into the final glorious FSAA shot.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I think that's the 22-bit filter. And I'm not sure that even Hypersnap captures the 22-bit filter now. IIRC, 3dfx changed the High Quality Filter on the V5 and none of the screenshot utils can now properly capture the image. But the filter isn't used when 4xFSAA is on anyway; 3dfx said they turned off the filter in the drivers when 4x is on because 4xFSAA accomplishes essentially the same thing color-wise.

Taken with Printscreen on a V5:

http://users.erols.com/chare/gifs/PanthG-noFSAA.jpg

http://users.erols.com/chare/gifs/PanthG-4xFSAA.jpg

- Chris

[ 08-04-2001: Message edited by: Wolfe ]