what are the worst units?

Defensive battle when you get a Regular 44 pattern Heer infantry platoon, four roadblocks, 3 daisychain anti-tank mines, some barbwire and a single SdKfz 251/1 as your support element! Needless to say the Germans packed their gear into the 251 and went home :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

One unit I actually picked myself (for fun) that proved to be useless was a German conscript 75mm arty spotter.

Seven minutes ETA of something comparable to a 81mm mortar...

Cheers

Olle<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe the lag time represents the spotter running back to the battery and chiseling out the firing coordinates on a piece of granite.

Cmon Slappy, everyone knows that even the owning player cant even see his OWN finnish ski troops. All he sees is the enemy russian units first appear as a red star, followed by screams, that turn into corpses before your eyes.

The human player just stares at the screen and his units, having that mythical Sissu quality, plot their own moves, pick their own targets and get 100:0 scores every time!

They end every battle with more ammo and weapons than they started and luckily, oh excuse me, skillfully capture trucks so they can move everything back to the campfire (that doesnt give off smoke).

Lewis

Definitely on-board mortars in fog or night, or in all-forest map, where it is physically impossible for them to fire anything at anytime anywhere. Of course this limitation doesn't apply to the British 2" mortars, which are useless in all conditions.

Well the American airborne are pretty much a big disappointment to me right now. I just played a game and the 3 times I tried to get them to knock out a armored car or tank they got knocked out themselves. The German's on the other hand knocked out 4 of my vehicles. Two Grey Hounds and two Stuarts. This was them by SMG squads not the individual Panzerfaust's. This ties in to another post earlier that stated the same thing. Rifle grenades suck.

Rockets, Rockets, Rockets!!

Their so damn expensive and anywhere your spotter targets them, they always land on or around friendlys!

Also, I used to think that flamethrowers sucked until I used one on defence. Their the best ambush units in the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by von Lucke:

A large, extremely vertical, well forrested QB map, and the computer gives you a Heavy Weapons Coy. (mortars and HMGs) with plenty of half-tracks to move it --- about 3 feet!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or plenty of open fields and you get exactly 1 AFV and a jeep with a MG to assault a row of hills with houses. Had that one once (the tank was a Pershing and lasted all of 1 turn killing 1/5 of my points with it).