CM2 Feature Request - EASY to code

It would be nice to be able to print out a list of the units you are commanding in a scenario/QB/whatever.

The list could be divided into on board troops and the various reinforcements. It might also mention the troop fitness level, experience level, and perhaps even any command bonuses the HQ might have.

The information would almost certainly be available in real life (that squad is green, that squad is a bunch of fat lazy reservists, Lt. Hoernaker is particularly skilled at quiet advances upon the enemy) and having such a list would make the HUGE scenarios much easier to play.

Just a thought.

Well, how about this one:

I thought that it would be nice if scenario designers could select some troops for both sides AND:

-let each side buy worth of X points in set up phase after seeing the map.

For example, the attacker could have 2000 points worth of preselected troops and 1000 user selectable. The defender might have 1500 preselected and 500 freely selectable troops. I think this would be a cool new addition, because you'd never know for sure what kind of opponent you're facing.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzerman:

Heres is anther thought why? :confused:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because, you silly sniping sap, in situations where you are commanding a reinforced battalion, it would save a heck of a lot of time in checking your resources, assigning the proper troops to the proper roles, etc. I shouldn't have to spend five minutes scrolling through units or clicking around like some Red Alert 2.879 fanatic to find that one commander with +2 bonuses in stealth.

Printing off the unit list screen is an incomplete fix for several reasons. First, it takes forever, particularly when you have a LOT of units (3-4 screenshots). Second, it does not give leadership information. Third, it is essentially a printout of a .gif or .jpg or .bmp file. That means the lettering is a little harder to read, particularly on that dark background.

One of the new features is a screen listing what you have under your command. According to Steve (?) it won't have as much info as the Steel Panthers listing (for those that are familiar with it), but it will give you a quick look at what you have (and possibly its current status). This may be broken down into an organized OOB, but I don't know the details. A print screen of this could work (but it may be a waste of ink as MrSpkr pointed out). However I think it should replace the need (in most cases) for a printed listing.