Who said there was a lone gunmen?

Heh heh.. I happen to recall someone here who prides himself on being right mentioned the Kennedy assassination, when he called conspiracy theorists ignorant and wrong.

Well... Check out this link. It's been proven by science now.

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,42635,00.html

Okay, Matt, lock me up now. wink.gif

Jeff

------------------

Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sighhhhhhhhh This proves NOTHING!!! You know that MANY people belive that Lincoln was not killed by Booth. The beauty of a conspiracy theory is that there is NO way to "prove" them wrong, it's just so hard to prove a negative. Besides, who cares?!!!!!!!!

Kennedy was obsessed with the idea that one man could trade his life to kill another man. What's so hard to believe? Why is it so difficult for people? Why is this even interesting? They had Marine sharpshooters try the shots and three out of the five could do it. There's no 'magic bullet' because the governer was turned and looking when it hit him. Occam's Razor, me laddy.

Croda

Ok so the CIA bumped him off, or the mob or Castro or the KGB, how does that change anything in your life or for that matter anyones? When you become powerful in anything in life, bizz, government the local golf club etc you take on the risk that someone will want to take your power from you. Now there are lots of ways to take that power and murder is one of the ways, this has been true throughout history and it will never change. So someone or some group killed him, he still lost his power and his life, its a sad thing but its true and knowing that one person or many killed him does not change a thing.

Originally posted by Hamsters:

Kennedy was obsessed with the idea that one man could trade his life to kill another man. What's so hard to believe? Why is it so difficult for people? Why is this even interesting? They had Marine sharpshooters try the shots and three out of the five could do it. There's no 'magic bullet' because the governer was turned and looking when it hit him. Occam's Razor, me laddy.

The marine sharpshooters couldn't do it, and Oswald wasn't a marine sharpshooter.

It is interesting because if it happened once it can happen again, and that is f**cked up.

And I'll still never figure out how Kennedy's brains blew out the same side of his head that the bullet went in.

Stop lumping this in with something that is only considered by "conspiracy theory" nuts and look at the facts.

Ya know, Meeks, I can almost picture you furiously typing away at the keyboard while spittle and foam assuages from your mouth. Your head all red with a big vein popping out of your forehead. With your eyes all bulged out. *chuckle*

Jeff

------------------

Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Originally posted by SirOscar:

Croda

Ok so the CIA bumped him off, or the mob or Castro or the KGB, how does that change anything in your life or for that matter anyones? When you become powerful in anything in life, bizz, government the local golf club etc you take on the risk that someone will want to take your power from you. Now there are lots of ways to take that power and murder is one of the ways, this has been true throughout history and it will never change. So someone or some group killed him, he still lost his power and his life, its a sad thing but its true and knowing that one person or many killed him does not change a thing.

I'm one of those freaks who still believes that the ideals that the country was founded on should maintained regardless of what reality dictates. Kennedy had a lot of things going for him and a bright future which may well have had direct impacts on our lives.

I've done plenty of reading (sorry I can't quote sources) and I can see no way that Oswald killed Kennedy, and I doubt whether or not he even fired a shot.

I wish you guys would start the interesting topics in the General Forum where they belong; you've been around long enough to know better.

Croda, if you've ever served in the military, you would know the kind of loner freak that Oswald was, and how capable he was of doing something like that. I guy that used to be in my Militia regiment just drove his Jeep Cherokee through a headquarters building on a regular army base up in Edmonton. It came as no surprise at all.

Originally posted by Jeff Heidman:

Please, please tell me this is a joke.

Jeff Heidman

No joke

I honestly believe there were multiple gunmen at the scene (at least two, maybe three) and Oswald was not one of them.

He said it himself, he was just set up as the "patsy", thats why he had to be killed by Ruby.

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 03-27-2001).]

Anyone can drive a jeep.

Not anyone can hit a moving target at 150 yards(?) with the target going away from him while shooting through trees and a crosswind and get off 3 shots (2 of them quite accurate) in 5 seconds causing 7 or more injuries to 2 people using a ****ty old Italian bolt-action rifle and get the target's head to explode towards him.

[This message has been edited by Croda (edited 03-27-2001).]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I wish you guys would start the interesting topics in the General Forum where they belong; you've been around long enough to know better.

Besides, this isn't off topic. It's discussing the difference between sharpshooters and snipers. wink.gif

CRODA WROTE "Kennedy had a lot of things going for him and a bright future which may well have had direct impacts on our lives."

YES you are RIGHT, it did impact our lives! It changed history, many people belive Viet Nam would not of happened or happened much differently had he lived. However how does knowing NOW that more then one person was involved, change these facts one tiny bit? How would knowing that Booth did not kill Lincoln change your live or anyone else???? I do belive in the traditions of our country and justice. Even if it was more then a whacked person(geee look at all the school shootings lately, those students could not just be whacked there had to be a conspiracy) who did it, that there was some grand power grab, if you think think you or any of us will EVER know the truth of such a thing then I want whatever you are smoking!

Originally posted by jshandorf:

So then would Oswald's 3 shots only count as one ammo unit for a sharpshooter?

Now you're seeing it, Jefe.

And Panzer Leader, you schmuck, the reason this hasn't been locked up isn't because The Bald One or Kwazy looked in and said, "Hmmm, well it's about the Kennedy Assassination but they seem to be polite", it's because they haven't seen it yet. Therefor, your disgusting statement does nothing but put you on the Secret Service watch list and maek other people think you're a rube.