Iron Man Rules for OPTION for CMBB?

"You should try playing by the Iron Man Rules. Under these rules you can only view the battlefield from

view 1 and only from the position of your units. This means no more "cheating" by having aerial or

top-down views of the battlefield, only the realistic views that your soldiers get. Also, you can't turn off

the trees so it makes moving in a forest very confusing. There are many other rules that make the Iron

man rules very challenging and more realistic. It actually makes the computer AI more challenging to

play. "

This concept has also been formalized by Franco who has also posted a complete "rule set"

My problem is that I don't have enough self discpline to adhear to all the rules when I play and I can't imagine trusting my opponent in human game to strictly follow the rules.

Would BTS consider an option in CMBB that would mean you could choose the new extreme fog of war AND Iron Man Rules. Now that would sure make for an intense game.

I post this to continue the concept that troops in the woods at night under human control "should" somehow have the "opportunity" to get lost.

Iron Man rules with NO compass would mean direction finding at night on a large map would sure as hell be a navigational challenge. (NO GPS for those boys on the ground back in WW II)

Just a Thought!

smile.gif

-tom w

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

"You should try playing by the Iron Man Rules. Under these rules you can only view the battlefield from

view 1 and only from the position of your units. This means no more "cheating" by having aerial or

top-down views of the battlefield, only the realistic views that your soldiers get. Also, you can't turn off

the trees so it makes moving in a forest very confusing. There are many other rules that make the Iron

man rules very challenging and more realistic. It actually makes the computer AI more challenging to

play. "

This concept has also been formalized by Franco who has also posted a complete "rule set"

My problem is that I don't have enough self discpline to adhear to all the rules when I play and I can't imagine trusting my opponent in human game to strictly follow the rules.

Would BTS consider an option in CMBB that would mean you could choose the new extreme fog of war AND Iron Man Rules. Now that would sure make for an intense game.

I post this to continue the concept that troops in the woods at night under human control "should" somehow have the "opportunity" to get lost.

Iron Man rules with NO compass would mean direction finding at night on a large map would sure as hell be a navigational challenge. (NO GPS for those boys on the ground back in WW II)

Just a Thought!

smile.gif

-tom w<hr></blockquote>

You could extend that one a little farther...

Iron Man rules.

The potential for multiple players per side, each with a separate password, associated with a Commander position.

Limit each commander to view 1 from only his units. The higher up the food chain the more views, but other than what you can see, "radio net" would be the only way to coordinate.

You'd probably really, really want a map grid to play that way though.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

You could extend that one a little farther...

Iron Man rules.

The potential for multiple players per side, each with a separate password, associated with a Commander position.

Limit each commander to view 1 from only his units. The higher up the food chain the more views, but other than what you can see, "radio net" would be the only way to coordinate.

You'd probably really, really want a map grid to play that way though.<hr></blockquote>

I'm not holding my breath for inclusion in CMBB, but I'd go for the Iron Man feature too in the future.

Concerning the proposals for tying a player to a particular unit, radio net, and chain of command--this is exactly how a Rumble is done in ASL circles, and it is indeed a hoot. (Sorry about the Nebelwerfers, Gordon, heh.) I've skipped the CM Rumbles because it seemed to me that an individual team member would have too much knowledge of what was going on over on the other side of the map, but this structure would be just what the doctor ordered.

Well, I think that multiple commanders are probably not a realistic expectation for CM2.

Iron Man rules should be easier to implement, since all they really would involve is disabling some view options, which should be relatively simple, require no engine changes, etc.

WWB