Rare Vehicle Poll

Would the Pz.Kpfw.B2 Flammwagen qualify as a rare vehicle. Jentz places one with 2.Kompanie/Panzer-Abteilung (Flamm) 102 under the 9.Armee. The had a flamethrower in the hull in place of the 7,5 cm cannon.

Also the Pz.Kpfw.II F Sd.Kfz. 122. with two hull mounted flamethrowers and turret mounted MG.

Oh BTW...what about the whole Entwicklung series of vehicles..*drool*

the E-10, E-25, E-50, E-75, E-100....hehe, although a tad on the "didn't happen, can't go there" side of things it would add tremendously to the game along with the already present Super Pershing and the addition of the mighty IS-III. Not for any "historical" type scenarios obviously, but the possibilities are almost endless with such an assortment of vehicles. Many more have been mentioned than I should repeat in this post and most if not all would be great to have, I'd be willing to wait an extra quarter to get them, as CM 1 is doing very nicely right now, thank you. An example I'd like to throw out is Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe or SWOTL affectionately. Including a profound selection of aircraft, it remains today the only sim of its kind. No other can match its replay value just from the vehicle assortment alone not to mention being able to man any station on a B-17. Many apologies for any redundant info which I may seem to be bombarding you with. Cheers :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll also throw my vote in for the German E-series of tanks for hypothetical and a longer WWII. With this in mind I seem to recall the U.S. was having other heavy armor designs in mind. One looked like a German TD with no turret but a rather friggin' large looking gun on the hull. Also a Sherman variant(can't recall the name) but had an insane amount of cannons mounted on the turret for soft targets supposedly.

Also throw in the JS-II/III's to give the 88's and 75mm's a workout and bigger game than my beloved King Tigers.

Oh yeah, the Brummbars and Sturmtigers too!

------------------

"Uncommon valor was a common virtue"-Adm.Chester Nimitz of the Marines on Iwo Jima

Guest Rollstoy

M 12 - Self propelled howitzer/assault gun (155 mm)

Listed as "Sturmgeschütz" in a book of mine, which would indicate a (optional) direct fire role?!?

Also, there was a German self-propelled 150mm infantry gun (sIG 33 ?!?!), do not know if this is in CM already.

Both mean demolition weapons for city fighting.

Regards,

Thomm

Originally posted by rollstoy

Also, there was a German self-propelled 150mm infantry gun (sIG 33 ?!?!), do not know if this is in CM already.

There is this one SturmPanzer II Bison

And also a mounting of the sIG 33 on the Pz.Kpfw.III Chassis called the Sturminfanteriegeschütz 33

which is about halfway down the page here

There is also a mounting of this field gun on the Pz.Kpfw.I. Chassis. It is near the bottom of the page here

Cheers.

Originally posted by Monty:

For CM 2, i think the... HORSE would be great to have smile.gif

The Germans used MANY horses for transport,i did not saw a single animal in CM 1.

Monty aka Moose

The German Army relied extensively on draft animals for both infantry and artillery units. The bad news is, there has already been word from BTS that they will not be included in CM2.

I would freak, too, if the Maus was ever even considered for any version of CM over other vehicles or gameplay features.

I'd rather see infantry-related stuff like flail tanks, booby traps, scenario designated depleted squads, etc. introduced ahead of rolling garbage like the Maus.

The American army was characterized by its mechanization - let's see Dodge weapons carriers/command cars, and a full range of softskins for all nationalities - 1/4 ton, 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, 1-1/2 ton and 2-1/2 ton trucks - (admittedly, it would not make much of a difference in game play)

Or a graphic where the 2 in mortar man throws the mortar over his shoulder, instead of walking it like a dog...

Originally posted by Matt the Paladin:

The Mammoth tank Maus. Only nine ever built by the Germans.

Try zero actually built. At most one, but probably not even that.

Had a 150mm gun and armor 14in thick in front, 2in on sides and rear.

128mm gun. Not sure how much armor, but it was not 14". That would be 356mm of armor.

190 tons, moves at 12mph.

Doesn't move at all. Design spec called for 20kMH, on the road. Prototype did not meet even that spec.

This is why these things cannot be in CM. You can't even get credible stats on what they *might* be able to do, much less on what they actually could do.

Jeff Heidman

Maus was also "supposed" to have a high velocity 75mm gun ala the Panther mounted coaxially with the 128.

Just imagine how long it would take to load a 128 mm gun. I can't fathom why anyone would want to actually include this in a CM scenario. It's be like having a battery of 155mm Long Toms represented on the map. To what end?

1. German Goliath radio-controlled kamikaze tankettes

2. U.S. halftrack M-3 gun carriage w/75mm gun as used in N.Africa and Italy

3. U.S. M-6 heavy tank (what-if)

4. M-22 Locust airborne tank

5. LVT series amphibians

BTW, reagarding earlier post, there were no "40mm bofors halftracks" in U.S. service other than a very few field mods which seem to have been restricted to the Pacific. But the M-15 HT, now that I'd love to see...

My list of East Front vehicles I'd like to see:

1. The Pioneer version of the PzII that had the crane on the back for placing large demo charges. Also the type used as an APC for sappers.

2. The T-35-1(76) heavy tank with a crew of 10 and 5 separate turrets.

3. All the various 2-turret versions of the T-26.

4. The KV-8 with its usual armor, 4 MGs and a turret combining a 47mm AT gun and a flamethrower.

5. SdKfz 301 demolitions vehicle.

6. Raupenschlepper Ost, with and without the 75mm PAK aboard.

7. SdKfz 251s with the Wurfrahmen 40 rockets attached to the sides.

8. Amphibious vehicles and assault boats for everybody.

And while not a true vehicle, I'd like to see Sturmoviks carrying their PATB clusterbombs wink.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.

Originally posted by IPA:

- British Airborne Reconnaissance jeeps with 'K' Vickers MG mounting.

- Tetrarch Tanks

- For N. Africa - SAS long range desert jeep armed to the teeth, Grant and Lee.

(Not a hope)

Great idea - and the Pink Panther chevrolets they used in the desert too, with the MG mounts. Great ideas.

After CM2, there is lots of ground to cover - I wouldn't say not a hope - it's only a matter of time. Years, maybe, but it will happen.