Rare Vehicle Poll

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, more weird things.

How about that little remote-controlled, tracked demo charge the Germans built?

I would like to see ALL the PSW series, some of them did not have guns on them, they were used for transport. Some of them were radio cars.

Strifer planes as well as fighter-bombers -- Stukas and Russian planes.

Dozer tanks.

RAM II tank with a turret. (not sure if there is one in the game).

Coloured smoke to help guide air support.

Requests for carpet-bombing (U.S.) and artillery barrages (Russian) before a scenario's turn 1 -- to simulate part of a large-scale assault. Also because I just want to see what that would look like. biggrin.gif

As has been mentioned before, the soviet bomb dogs would attack the Russian tanks as often as the German ones, makes them a VERY risky investment.

How about a few World War I tanks? The original British tanks had a pair of 6-lbr. guns and four .303 in. MGs. Could probably beat Matilda 1s and 2s easily.

------------------

"War is like a cat, it is easy to let out of the bag, but hard as hell to put back in!"

-Me

As far as close air support goes, I hate to break it to you but combat leaders on the ground really have no say on the type of ordnance they want their air support to have. It's not like Burger King where "your way, our way, right away now." Hell, even now they can't pick and choose like "I want a thousand pound iron bomb and cluster munitions over here." That's now with more sophisticated, advanced communications. Imagine back in WWII.

BTW, aren't there any Fwd.Observers out here?

------------------

"Uncommon valor was a common virtue"-Adm.Chester Nimitz of the Marines on Iwo Jima