I Saw a Beast Rise Up Out of the Sea, and Upon His Heads the Name of Peng Challenge

Stuka, My gut feeling at this time is that the game will end in a draw. If it does you should count that as a victory for yourself.

The TCP/IP thing was very frustrating because I play many many games that way and though I do have problems from time to time I don't have the problem we had last night. When a game is played straight through via TCP/IP there is nothing like it.

And did I mention that I don't understand why everyone feels the need to number turns?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Taken from a late, unlamented thread since locked down by the Bald Angry One. In it, Berli stated: No, that looks like something Joe Shaw would come up with. Wasn't he the one that was talking about his +5 Underwear (Yes, Bauhaus, it was in referance to you)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Right then, that's about it from YOU boyo, I CHALLENGE you to a game of ... oh wait ... we're already playing aren't we, drat the luck! Furthermore that IG of yours is dead meat, see if it isn't.

Joe

p.s. It was +7 Underwear you goof, and they were Underoos at that. As if I'd be caught dead in +5 Underwear.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Sorry, lads, sorry, but I forgot this and it wouldn't do to let it pass without comment. You see, Berli suggested that: No, Joe is completely wrong. We are not a community (which impliesa

certain level of social tolerence), nor are we some sort of limp wristed democracy (if we were, this might become the George Bush Jr

Challenge Thread).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Actually YOU'RE wrong, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it. This IS a community, granted one that is typically festooned with signs promoting Community Policing and one in which the neighbors are more heavily armed (and inclined to USE said arms) than you might find on Maple Street USA, but a community nontheless. We have our Village Idiot ... actually more than one, we've done ourselves proud on THAT score. We have a Mayor sort of figure (if you count Lorak's physique as a figure ... which I don't. We have the religious aspect covered to a fare-thee-well with Father Confessor Peng and the aforementioned Berli the Evil One. We have the certified old codger/character in OGSF and the certifiable character in Bauhaus. We have the lovely and theoretically lovable ladies of some repute in YK2 and Kitty and there is even the respectable learned one (remember that the reputation doesn't always pan out) in Seanachai. Oh yes, Berli we're a community all right ... I can see the moving vans arriving any moment.

Joe

[ 07-25-2001: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

Seanachai wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>that he was a right good lad <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Gag, choke, cough* Ahem. Excuse me, that will be quite enough of the name-callin, sir.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>such a jolly nice fellow <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alright, That's it! I can accept a bit of ribbing, but this has gone too far. Too far I say! I can deal with "SSN git". "Pompous ass" would pose no problems. Even a friendly "gamey bastich" is tolerable. But this "nice guy" stuff is below the belt (Bauhaus, get thee back, deamon). You even go so far as to besmirch my name. I'll have you know that the family name has a long and honorable history, going back, oh, at least a week or two. Why, I never. Well, yes I have, but that is entirely beside the point. And I have pictures, to prove it. :eek: Ah, um, er, where was I?

Oh, yes. The Besmirching Bard. The rest of the Kniggits should have drawn and quarted you when they had the chance. Hanging isn't good enough for the likes of you. We need gore! Guts and gore, to appease the whining of the outerboards.

I would throw down the gauntlet, but I'm much more inclined to smack you up side the head in a surprise attack. "Nice young fellow", indeed. Harrumph! In the name of honor (honour for you overseas idjits), I challenge you. I challenge you to a game of CM with [gasp!] sequentially numbered turns. This would be 1, 2, 3, etc. for those who have only used the MBT form of itemizing in the past.

Edited to add smileys for Peng, and some numerals to piss off Elvis

[ 07-25-2001: Message edited by: R_Leet ]

And I keep shouting to no avail that the apposite term is kononia, but nevermind.

Although not doing such things on a semi- non- regular basis, I'd like to present the NEW AND IMPROVED . . .

Updates!

Since St. Rat is still begging off on these so-called computer problems instead of just sucking it up and surrendering, we'll move quickly on. But as a closing note: remember what happened after your last delay, Stevie ol' chap: my troops had time to call Battalion for reserves . . . .

My very enjoyable heavy-drinking match with jd (look Rat! a LAWYER!) is careening towards a firey conclusion. After slagging all but two of his armor in the first few turns (and just what does "gamey map-edge hugging bastiche" mean, jd?), I proceeded to let my whiskey do the talking and got four of mine spanked in return. We are now creeping around the map like geriatrics at the mall before it opens.

Finally - yes I'm lame and only have three Pool games right now - my institutional poonishment match with the now rebolded Seanachai in the Land of Rune (motto: we treat you wrong!) is an exercise in how many "fast" move lines I can have stretched into his side of the map. He unfortunately is onto my secret weapons of tanks that run across the surface of the water and my crews with their anti-grav belts, but I have one or two surprises left. In fact, once my tank crews get done burning houses and having their way with the French collaborationist broads (and why isn't THAT modeled in CM?!? bleat all you want about "gore" and "body parts" and "realism", but hey: if BTS isn't going to model the raping and pillaging that plays such an important part of war, then this game is CRAP and not worth playing! DO SOMEFINK!!!!!) then S will see some MAJOR whiskey induced-stupidity. We both are looking forward to it.

I owe the marble-gargling one, OGSF a setup, which just might happen tonight. Or, it might not.

I owe St. Bauhaus a setup from months ago, but whenever I get around to it, someone in my household - be it person or pet - starts crapping uncontrollably. I think I shall wait a bit more on this one.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Pshaw

p.s. It was +7 Underwear you goof, and they were Underoos at that. As if I'd be caught dead in +5 Underwear.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sure those weren't +7 Garanimals ... we'd hate to see you uncoordinated.

[ 07-25-2001: Message edited by: Moriarty ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

People of the Peng Challenge, I come before you tonight a man much puzzled, much tried, a man, in a word, with much on his mind. Now, for many of you I know that last is a state you will never achieve. You will never suffer the stress of a multitude of thoughts competing for your attention, nor the viscitudes of having to weigh one thought against another, as the scale of your intellect has only one arm, and 'mental balance' means to many of you 'thinking very hard about the best way to walk home dead drunk without falling over'.

et al

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No hangin's then, huh. Rats.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R_Leet:

The rest of the Kniggits should have drawn and quarted you when they had the chance. Hanging isn't good enough for the likes of you. We need gore! Guts and gore, to appease the whining of the outerboards.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Re-pLeet, you impudent cur. While I agree that hanging and evisceration is too good for the likes of the Bumbling Bard of Avon Calling, who I hear tell in fact does drive a pink Yugo, what in the name of all that is Cess, makes you think we need to "appease" the outerboards?

It's statements like this, ya plodding whelp, that will bring swift and sure retributions from the likes of Pshaw.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Moriarty warned: It's statements like this, ya plodding whelp, that will bring swift and sure retributions from the likes of Pshaw.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> That would be Sir Joe Shaw to you Moriarty and don't think I haven't had my eye on you for quite some time now.

I have a secret list of at least 4 Knights and 6 Squires who are in league with and supporting SSNs and Outerboarders. Would you like me to up that total to 5 Knights? Just keep it up pal.

Now ... onto other matters, you are quite correct that Are_Geek would normally be called onto the carpet that he has piddled upon, but as an SSN he has NO legal standing in the CessPool and is therefore NOT subject to the obligations of a Knight or Squire of the CessPool. So what's to be done you ask? He has NO standing and therefore we can do whatever we like with him.

Unless someone should propose him as a Serf his correction is up to each of us. While I like the tone of his initial post (he shows some wit and gumption and he dislikes Seanachai, that's always a plus) he needs to post a few more times before we can judge his mettle.

Sir Joe Shaw, Prosecutor and Protector of The One The True CessPool

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Iskander:

I owe St. Bauhaus a setup from months ago, but whenever I get around to it, someone in my household - be it person or pet - starts crapping uncontrollably. I think I shall wait a bit more on this one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And last thing I want to play is a crappy scenario.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I have a secret list of at least 4 Knights and 6 Squires who are in league with and supporting SSNs and Outerboarders. Would you like me to up that total to 5 Knights? Just keep it up pal.

Sir Joe Shaw, Prosecutor and Protector of The One The True CessPool<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's it Sir Joe, git 'em. Sounds like we didn't get all those reds back in the 50's!

Let's have hearings!

Let's have trials!

Let's have Stenographers!

Speedbump

edit to ask the question: Should one embolden one's own name? Sounds kinda dirty...

[ 07-25-2001: Message edited by: Speedbump ]

[ 07-25-2001: Message edited by: Speedbump ]

uh, excuse me gents, but what

does 'peng' mean? i've wondered

that for a long time. thanks

for your answers in advance. god

bless,

--Rett

oh, and if anyone would like to

get spanked in a tcp/ip game

right now, load 217.208.10.193

details of the setup in a post

at opp. finder. sorry sorry...

[ 07-25-2001: Message edited by: CMplayer ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally ventured in a limp wristed manner by CMplayer:

uh, excuse me gents... thanks....

for your answers in advance. god

bless,

--Rett

sorry sorry...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a big pile of refuse this post is. It's not even strong enough to steam a little, let alone get a game from someone. "Gents" indeed. Feh. The "can't be bothered with reading simple instructions" crowd would really start to be ticking me off, if I could be bothered to give a half-hearted care.

MORE HANGINGS!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leeo:

What a big pile of refuse this post is. It's not even strong enough to steam a little, let alone get a game from someone. "Gents" indeed. Feh. The "can't be bothered with reading simple instructions" crowd would really start to be ticking me off, if I could be bothered to give a half-hearted care.

MORE HANGINGS!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank you sir for pointing out my

inadequacy i will work on it right

away, but, sir, what i really wondered

is this: what does 'peng' mean, I heard

it all the time. what is it? don't

worry about the game, i don't want

to pllay with an aggressive person

anyway, thx

--rett

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elvis:

Anybody want to discuss numbering files some more?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anybody want to gouge their eyes out with hot pokers?

This topic is just about inane enough to belong to the *gasp* Outerboards.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leeo:

Anybody want to gouge their eyes out with hot pokers?

This topic is just about inane enough to belong to the *gasp* Outerboards.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

gee leeo, you know all the jargon but

you are no penger i know that for sure

you cant even say what peng is. in swedish

peng means 'coin'. my belief is that is

where the word comes from. anyway the

computer probably chose some shermans

for me and i would like to shoot

some germans with my shermans, hey

i am a poet, becasue i am a tactical

genius. 217.208.10.193 very sorry

to bother. i read the instructions

but dont understand, god bless

--rett

Lorak, I am pleased as punch (not that I've ever seen punch particularly looking pleased ... I mean it just kind of Sits there doesn't it ... all green or red or orange or whatever color) to report yet another in my campaign to PROVE that skill at CM is immaterial to the good work of the CessPool.

That's right, I've lost another game, and not just ANY old loss, but one to Bauhaus no less. Now mind you it was nip and tuck for a while there. I was winning handily, shelling the snot out of his infantry thanks to a cleverly placed FO and blowing his armor to kingdom come. I thought I'd have to deal with another win for while. Then, luckily (and I DO mean LUCKILY) his reinforcements of a Panther, three Mk IVs and assorted HTs showed up just as MY reinforcements of Sherman Vs and Fireflies showed up. All in all it was about equal. And then, in The Luckiest Turn in CM History, virtually ALL of his vehicles survived and only ONE of mine did. Well, I heaved a large sigh of relief let me tell you. But I forgot that I was dealing with Bauhaus don't you see. The silly lad sends his tanks in to mix it up with my infantry! He had some excuse about occupying VLs or some such. At the end of the game he had the Panther and a couple or three HTs left ... oh and a Minor Victory too. Talk about your close run things.

Bauhaus: WIN

Joe Shaw: LOSS

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moriarty:

you impudent cur

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's more like it. But you miss the point entirely. That was irony, ya twit. Referring to the "including blood and gore shows respect for the fallen" prattle that caused Seanachai to verbally assault me. Hence my challenge. Have you seen the junk getting debated on the outerboards? It's enough to force someone into the MBT just to avoid the stench!

Sir Shaw, while this isn't exactly my first venture into the cess, it is one with a more focused objective. Namely, payback. As "correction" is your right as a kniggit, I only ask that you keep Bauahus securely chained in the far corner.

CMplayer, kindly SOD OFF! Your ilk gives us aspiring SSN's a bad rep. Good thing you picked that for your username, otherwise, we all would have assumed you are a professional debator. I'm sure teletubbies is on somewhere, why don't you go check?

Edited, 'cause I want to make a really good impression. :rolleyes:

[ 07-25-2001: Message edited by: R_Leet ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CMplayer:

i read the instructions but dont understand<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stupid Swedish students (pesky alliteration) appear to have a penchant for stating the bloody obvious.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Iskander whined:

Why do I get that "should I really be kicking this little, fluffy puppy?" feeling on this one?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Iskander, you git, you are beginning to show signs of (gasp) COMPASSION! Quick, get another drink before it progresses!

Oh, and finally, for elvis:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 . . .

[edited for Elvis' sake]

[ 07-25-2001: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lindan:

Iskalendar:

It's because you imagine him wearing pink diapers?

I know I do....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ME TOO! i also think iskalender wheres

those diapers. ha, good one lindan. yeh!

you are a real pengar i know it for sure.

hey everybody just tell me what is peng

and you can play me but not for long

because i must get some sleep before

big exams tomorrow.

-rett

Peng is the sound you will hear as we collectively turn our attention away from your moment of attention and back to highly important matters such as: numbering turns (Don't forget the 0!) and my shameful excuse fof a kanigget known as Seanachai (my own benefactor!)

Look, the heretic just drug in Kewl Dudz l33T and one SSN at a time is all we can handle, (though why anyone wants to "handle" that punk is beyond me) so please sod off. Failing that, try buggering off.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

so please sod off. Failing that, try buggering off.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you are so mean i have to get a samarin,

thats swedish and means 'alka selzer'. i

am sorry for hurting your feelings like

that. gud bless

--ret