SOT: 8 year old suspended for drawing soldier

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It does sound silly and is laughable, but when you think about it those teachers have every right to be paranoid. How many school shootings has there been in the U.S.A in recent memory?

Think about that, then that schoolboy being suspended doesn't sound quite so ridiculous.

Please don't take that as a flame, it's just a fact.

It does sound silly and is laughable, but when you think about it those teachers have every right to be paranoid. How many school shootings has there been in the U.S.A in recent memory?

Think about that, then that schoolboy being suspended doesn't sound quite so ridiculous.

I've always thought.. (and i know how much you guys care about what i think! biggrin.gif ) that this school murdering and stuff is really a grand form of suicide.. I mean, hey, you're planning on dying anyway, so why not take a few with you?

As for all those drawings and stuff, wish i'd bookmarked the site where I read a child psych (who was also a priest) discover that a little play of heroes and villans really helped his kid.. The world is pretty scary, imagining you have some control over it is a powerful tool for kids was his angle.

PeterNZ

------------------

- Official owner of the sig files of Dalem, Croda and JeffShandorf -

Der Kessel scenario design group

Combat Vision movies

I've always thought.. (and i know how much you guys care about what i think! biggrin.gif ) that this school murdering and stuff is really a grand form of suicide.. I mean, hey, you're planning on dying anyway, so why not take a few with you?

As for all those drawings and stuff, wish i'd bookmarked the site where I read a child psych (who was also a priest) discover that a little play of heroes and villans really helped his kid.. The world is pretty scary, imagining you have some control over it is a powerful tool for kids was his angle.

PeterNZ

------------------

- Official owner of the sig files of Dalem, Croda and JeffShandorf -

Der Kessel scenario design group

Combat Vision movies

Originally posted by Redcoat:

Sorry Redcoat. It still seems ridiculous after I thought it over again.

Originally posted by Redcoat:

Sorry Redcoat. It still seems ridiculous after I thought it over again.

The reason School Administrators are forced to act in such an absurd matter is because they need to cover their a**.

I am sure they are told by higher ups and the various governing bodies to do this in an attempt to avoid litigation.

Democracy is in deep trouble because litigation is the reality that creates the thought police.

This action is neither logical or morally justifiable; it indirectly slights veterans and directly squashes freedom of speech.

The actions of kids killing kids is horrible, but it will not be solved by considering the innocent to be remotely potential FUTURE guilty parties.

Pretty soon they will ban the sale of games like CM at this rate because they are depictions of mass violence.

I used to carry wargames to school and play them in our club in the library or in the main lobby entrance (they had a huge unused table there). We even made it into the HS year book. I am sure none of that is remotely possible now.

If kids do not learn about the impact of violence and war on history and the people who experience it, then they will not know about the horrors of it and why it should be avoided.

They will only know the fiction of their minds, and that will not prepare them for the reality of life.

"Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it".

Public Education is failing.

Worse, it is now moving to misinform, even lie to our youth.

The message to this kid: "Being a soldier is a bad thing."

The reason School Administrators are forced to act in such an absurd matter is because they need to cover their a**.

I am sure they are told by higher ups and the various governing bodies to do this in an attempt to avoid litigation.

Democracy is in deep trouble because litigation is the reality that creates the thought police.

This action is neither logical or morally justifiable; it indirectly slights veterans and directly squashes freedom of speech.

The actions of kids killing kids is horrible, but it will not be solved by considering the innocent to be remotely potential FUTURE guilty parties.

Pretty soon they will ban the sale of games like CM at this rate because they are depictions of mass violence.

I used to carry wargames to school and play them in our club in the library or in the main lobby entrance (they had a huge unused table there). We even made it into the HS year book. I am sure none of that is remotely possible now.

If kids do not learn about the impact of violence and war on history and the people who experience it, then they will not know about the horrors of it and why it should be avoided.

They will only know the fiction of their minds, and that will not prepare them for the reality of life.

"Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it".

Public Education is failing.

Worse, it is now moving to misinform, even lie to our youth.

The message to this kid: "Being a soldier is a bad thing."

For me, it was making up tank battles. I'd play "Tigers and Pz IIIs agains Shermans and Stuarts." I had armor penetration rules and everything, and used the clock to determine hit probability. (Ok, when I look up, if it's after :45 seconds the shot hit). I had paper battles with up to 10 tanks per side. Lasted all the way from fourth grade through high school.

Redcoat- think about all the people that get killed in traffic accidents. Makes you wish that anytime someone ran a red light, they got their licence revoked, right?

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

For me, it was making up tank battles. I'd play "Tigers and Pz IIIs agains Shermans and Stuarts." I had armor penetration rules and everything, and used the clock to determine hit probability. (Ok, when I look up, if it's after :45 seconds the shot hit). I had paper battles with up to 10 tanks per side. Lasted all the way from fourth grade through high school.

Redcoat- think about all the people that get killed in traffic accidents. Makes you wish that anytime someone ran a red light, they got their licence revoked, right?

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

It is ridiculous, but try to look at it from the teachers'/principal's point of view.

Week 1: Little Johny draws a soldier with a gun on his HW. Teacher pats Little Johny on the head for his art skills.

Week 2: Little Johny draws a soldier shooting someone with the gun. Teacher doesnt mind and nothing is done.

Week 3: Little Johny brings in a semi-automatic and puts 18 holes into the local school bully, Big Mike. When police go through Johny's school work for clues, they discover the drawings. Questioning of the teacher about begins why she did not tell anyone about this "disturbing" behaviour. Blame shifts on the teacher, she is fired, her career is over, comes under public ridicule and scrutiny, ending with her living out the rest of her days in misery.

Now, I know that 99% of kids dont do this. However, as the recent shooting spree has shown, some do. Better to be safe then sorry.

Not that I like it. I recently got my Soldier of Fortune mag taken away from me and had a long chat with the dean about it.

These shootings are like suicides. When one person, especially someone well known in a community commits suicide people who knew him might do so as well. This is proven by psychologists and sociologists. There's even a term for it I forget at the moment. The media has made these figures known, and kids do associate with them. Which leads to this awful trend which as of the moment shows no sign of stopping.

I believe the latest shooting occured yesterday, although as far as I know no one was killed.

Just my thoughts.

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

It is ridiculous, but try to look at it from the teachers'/principal's point of view.

Week 1: Little Johny draws a soldier with a gun on his HW. Teacher pats Little Johny on the head for his art skills.

Week 2: Little Johny draws a soldier shooting someone with the gun. Teacher doesnt mind and nothing is done.

Week 3: Little Johny brings in a semi-automatic and puts 18 holes into the local school bully, Big Mike. When police go through Johny's school work for clues, they discover the drawings. Questioning of the teacher about begins why she did not tell anyone about this "disturbing" behaviour. Blame shifts on the teacher, she is fired, her career is over, comes under public ridicule and scrutiny, ending with her living out the rest of her days in misery.

Now, I know that 99% of kids dont do this. However, as the recent shooting spree has shown, some do. Better to be safe then sorry.

Not that I like it. I recently got my Soldier of Fortune mag taken away from me and had a long chat with the dean about it.

These shootings are like suicides. When one person, especially someone well known in a community commits suicide people who knew him might do so as well. This is proven by psychologists and sociologists. There's even a term for it I forget at the moment. The media has made these figures known, and kids do associate with them. Which leads to this awful trend which as of the moment shows no sign of stopping.

I believe the latest shooting occured yesterday, although as far as I know no one was killed.

Just my thoughts.

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

I heard there was this kid that drew a picture of himself taking dictation from a dominating female-type-authority figure. He said he was envisioning his future.

The psychs and soches made him a poster boy for the future. But he shot himself before the ceremony.

He was smarter than I thought at first.

I heard there was this kid that drew a picture of himself taking dictation from a dominating female-type-authority figure. He said he was envisioning his future.

The psychs and soches made him a poster boy for the future. But he shot himself before the ceremony.

He was smarter than I thought at first.

Well guys all I have to say about all of this is "I'm tired oF cowards" cowards who are willing to pay some cop $25,000 a year to kill for them but won't do it themselves. Cowards who will let the schools teach their kids right from wrong but won't do it themselves. Cowards who say seperation of church and state but won't take there kids to church. Cowards who will go into a school and shoot up what ever they see but when someone points a gun back at them ****s their pants and puts up their hands to surrender. Cowards who want to blame everyone but themselves when there kids go berserk. Cowards who say gunowners are responsible even when their house is broken into and their guns stolen. I for one am sick of COWARDS. I am a man. I am responsible for what I and my kids do. I will defend myself and my neigbors and anyone who is weak against tyranny. I am an american. How many are ther left?

Well guys all I have to say about all of this is "I'm tired oF cowards" cowards who are willing to pay some cop $25,000 a year to kill for them but won't do it themselves. Cowards who will let the schools teach their kids right from wrong but won't do it themselves. Cowards who say seperation of church and state but won't take there kids to church. Cowards who will go into a school and shoot up what ever they see but when someone points a gun back at them ****s their pants and puts up their hands to surrender. Cowards who want to blame everyone but themselves when there kids go berserk. Cowards who say gunowners are responsible even when their house is broken into and their guns stolen. I for one am sick of COWARDS. I am a man. I am responsible for what I and my kids do. I will defend myself and my neigbors and anyone who is weak against tyranny. I am an american. How many are ther left?

Guest Mirage2k

I think I speak for a lot of people here when I say, what the heck are you babbling about, Mlapanzer?

-Andrew

------------------

"No, it's not that kind of relationship. We're just friends. We are together all the time, but I never touch her porcelain skin, her soft, red lips, like rose petals from the emperor's bathwater! Bathwater, I tell you, bathwateeeeeeer!"

Guest Mirage2k

I think I speak for a lot of people here when I say, what the heck are you babbling about, Mlapanzer?

-Andrew

------------------

"No, it's not that kind of relationship. We're just friends. We are together all the time, but I never touch her porcelain skin, her soft, red lips, like rose petals from the emperor's bathwater! Bathwater, I tell you, bathwateeeeeeer!"