SOT: 8 year old suspended for drawing soldier

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Compassion:

Well, that's becasue you are supporting a bunch of sellouts...

i like thier old stuff, after the black album i stopped listening to them. ive had this shirt since about 1989, before they turned money whores.

Religion does help.

BTW, Foxnews is not the source, if you bother to read the article thoroughly you will find it is from the AP (Associated Press).

Foxnews is my 2nd prefered news network. As my wife says, "It is the news that makes a conservative feel good." My first is NPR.

Originally posted by Compassion:

Well, that's becasue you are supporting a bunch of sellouts...

i like thier old stuff, after the black album i stopped listening to them. ive had this shirt since about 1989, before they turned money whores.

Religion does help.

BTW, Foxnews is not the source, if you bother to read the article thoroughly you will find it is from the AP (Associated Press).

Foxnews is my 2nd prefered news network. As my wife says, "It is the news that makes a conservative feel good." My first is NPR.

...I do believe that the teaching of right and wrong by the various religions makes a big difference in society. The hedonistic teachings of modern liberalism and the lack of right and wrong have brought about the madness that we see today.

What crap. While there may, in fact, be a fair bit of teaching about right and wrong going on inside various religions, it isn't necessarily the norm. Too often religions are busy indoctrinating the young on who is right and who is wrong, and if you aren't on the right side you are condemned to hell. I'm sure it was the hedonistic liberals that perpetuated the crusades, decided that jews weren't fit to live at several distinct periods in history and are currently busy demolishing antiquities and killing non-believers in Afghanistan. If you want to believe in a god, pal, that's between you and your god and more power to you. But keep your summing up of people who don't believe the same as you. I am an atheist and also a good fair and honest person and certainly teach my kids right from wrong and what it means to be a member of a society even though I do it without religion. For you to think that you, as a religious person, has a monopoly on morality or ethics clearly shows to me that you are one step down the path toward the fanatics above.

You know what else I teach my kids. I teach them that if they want to beleive in god that's OK with me. I bet you don't fill your kids with that sort of empowering 'madness' now do you.

Time for the lock on this puppy.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened. Not too long ago a couple of kids got suspended for drawing guns on paper and cutting them out and playing with them. The school decided that these were "gun replicas," which are of course strictly forbidden, and suspended the kids involved.

It's bizarre to think about how far things have gone in our schools. It wasn't that long ago that some schools had shooting ranges and shooting teams. Now a picture of a gun gets you suspended. Is this progress? I guess we should see these things coming when people demonize guns. To hear some people tell it you'd think guns have suddenly come to life and walk around killing people all by themselves. We even have people saying that gun owners should be held responsible for whatever a criminal does with their gun after he breaks into their house and steals it. I guess if he steals there car and runs someone over they should be held responsible for that too now.

------------------

Craiger

All your victory flag are belong to me

...I do believe that the teaching of right and wrong by the various religions makes a big difference in society. The hedonistic teachings of modern liberalism and the lack of right and wrong have brought about the madness that we see today.

What crap. While there may, in fact, be a fair bit of teaching about right and wrong going on inside various religions, it isn't necessarily the norm. Too often religions are busy indoctrinating the young on who is right and who is wrong, and if you aren't on the right side you are condemned to hell. I'm sure it was the hedonistic liberals that perpetuated the crusades, decided that jews weren't fit to live at several distinct periods in history and are currently busy demolishing antiquities and killing non-believers in Afghanistan. If you want to believe in a god, pal, that's between you and your god and more power to you. But keep your summing up of people who don't believe the same as you. I am an atheist and also a good fair and honest person and certainly teach my kids right from wrong and what it means to be a member of a society even though I do it without religion. For you to think that you, as a religious person, has a monopoly on morality or ethics clearly shows to me that you are one step down the path toward the fanatics above.

You know what else I teach my kids. I teach them that if they want to beleive in god that's OK with me. I bet you don't fill your kids with that sort of empowering 'madness' now do you.

Time for the lock on this puppy.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened. Not too long ago a couple of kids got suspended for drawing guns on paper and cutting them out and playing with them. The school decided that these were "gun replicas," which are of course strictly forbidden, and suspended the kids involved.

It's bizarre to think about how far things have gone in our schools. It wasn't that long ago that some schools had shooting ranges and shooting teams. Now a picture of a gun gets you suspended. Is this progress? I guess we should see these things coming when people demonize guns. To hear some people tell it you'd think guns have suddenly come to life and walk around killing people all by themselves. We even have people saying that gun owners should be held responsible for whatever a criminal does with their gun after he breaks into their house and steals it. I guess if he steals there car and runs someone over they should be held responsible for that too now.

------------------

Craiger

All your victory flag are belong to me

Guest Rommel22

I got in trouble in high school, a year ago. I graduated last year, anyway.

In my Goverment class, I wrote down all the German division numbers and desingations I can remember. Some are SS division, I wrote those down to. Anyway the teacher saw these writings and I got sent to the Principals office. They asked me, why I was writing these numbers and why some had a "SS" next to them. I explained "oh, I am into WWII and I am writing down all the Divisions that took part". I didn't say they were only German, might of been worse. Other than that nothing happened.

Some of the kids found out and after that people at school called me a Nazi. I ignored them, but that followed me through me entire senior year, most didn't mind, infact all of them didn't. They were just joking around, but thats my experience with crap like this.

------------------

Rommel22s Kampfgruppe site:

http://rommel22diarys.homestead.com/MyPage1.html

"I saw 5 Germans walking down the side of the road, so I followed them for a few yard to get closer. Then I shot them! Later that day I found out the war has been over for a few weeks." - someone

Guest Rommel22

I got in trouble in high school, a year ago. I graduated last year, anyway.

In my Goverment class, I wrote down all the German division numbers and desingations I can remember. Some are SS division, I wrote those down to. Anyway the teacher saw these writings and I got sent to the Principals office. They asked me, why I was writing these numbers and why some had a "SS" next to them. I explained "oh, I am into WWII and I am writing down all the Divisions that took part". I didn't say they were only German, might of been worse. Other than that nothing happened.

Some of the kids found out and after that people at school called me a Nazi. I ignored them, but that followed me through me entire senior year, most didn't mind, infact all of them didn't. They were just joking around, but thats my experience with crap like this.

------------------

Rommel22s Kampfgruppe site:

http://rommel22diarys.homestead.com/MyPage1.html

"I saw 5 Germans walking down the side of the road, so I followed them for a few yard to get closer. Then I shot them! Later that day I found out the war has been over for a few weeks." - someone

I dont let religions or politicians and agitators polarize my thoughts along thier lines and never will. I have a conscience and I know what is right and wrong. I'd have to say I consider myself agnostic. I think these problems with the shootings and what not begin in the homes they grow up in.

I dont let religions or politicians and agitators polarize my thoughts along thier lines and never will. I have a conscience and I know what is right and wrong. I'd have to say I consider myself agnostic. I think these problems with the shootings and what not begin in the homes they grow up in.

Originally posted by Subvet:

It's bizarre to think about how far things have gone in our schools. It wasn't that long ago that some schools had shooting ranges and shooting teams. Now a picture of a gun gets you suspended.

Don't know if this will cheer you up or not, but Kodiak High School, where I did time the last three years, had a rifle club, and as far as I know, it still does. Of course, Alaska is one of the better states as far as gun ownership goes.

PS- on the Metallica, I used to like it, but waking up to it every day at 4:30AM for two summers spoiled it. Remind me not to bring any more good music along when I go fishing.

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 03-25-2001).]

Originally posted by Subvet:

It's bizarre to think about how far things have gone in our schools. It wasn't that long ago that some schools had shooting ranges and shooting teams. Now a picture of a gun gets you suspended.

Don't know if this will cheer you up or not, but Kodiak High School, where I did time the last three years, had a rifle club, and as far as I know, it still does. Of course, Alaska is one of the better states as far as gun ownership goes.

PS- on the Metallica, I used to like it, but waking up to it every day at 4:30AM for two summers spoiled it. Remind me not to bring any more good music along when I go fishing.

------------------

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

Just from personal experience:

It happened in junior high, long before these school shootings were even taking place, let alone becomming commonplace. My eigth grade history teacher was teaching us about WWII. He challenged us to find whatever memiorbelia we could and bring it into class. Well, my grandfather had given me a length of spent .50 cal belt that he had fired during the war (he was in the navy). The belt contained about a dozen casings and I proudly displayed it to all my friends before school. Most of them hunt often and they noted how the shells dwarfed 30-06 and other casings. Somehow the dean of students found out and pulled me out of my second hour class. He forced me to open my locker and confiscated the casings for the rest of the day. I was not able to display them and I felt stupid because some of my friends who I showed them to were in that class. After school I collected the belt and heard that another student's spent 40mm shell had also been confiscated. I also heard, and it wasn't just a rumor, that my history teacher was "disciplined" for encouraging such behavior. My younger brother who is four years behind me is in that grade now, with the same teacher. I asked him what he had shown for the class discussion about WWII. He said "what class discussion?"

------------------

Ah scheist.

[This message has been edited by Minnesota Joe (edited 03-25-2001).]

Just from personal experience:

It happened in junior high, long before these school shootings were even taking place, let alone becomming commonplace. My eigth grade history teacher was teaching us about WWII. He challenged us to find whatever memiorbelia we could and bring it into class. Well, my grandfather had given me a length of spent .50 cal belt that he had fired during the war (he was in the navy). The belt contained about a dozen casings and I proudly displayed it to all my friends before school. Most of them hunt often and they noted how the shells dwarfed 30-06 and other casings. Somehow the dean of students found out and pulled me out of my second hour class. He forced me to open my locker and confiscated the casings for the rest of the day. I was not able to display them and I felt stupid because some of my friends who I showed them to were in that class. After school I collected the belt and heard that another student's spent 40mm shell had also been confiscated. I also heard, and it wasn't just a rumor, that my history teacher was "disciplined" for encouraging such behavior. My younger brother who is four years behind me is in that grade now, with the same teacher. I asked him what he had shown for the class discussion about WWII. He said "what class discussion?"

------------------

Ah scheist.

[This message has been edited by Minnesota Joe (edited 03-25-2001).]

Originally posted by Minnesota Joe:

I asked him what he had shown for the class discussion about WWII. He said "what class discussion?"

Of course. If you get in trouble for teaching history, why bother teaching it at all?

In my 11th grade US history class, we spent four days covering WWII. Four days. The first day, we read the two or three pages in the textbook. The last three days, we watched Schindler's List. Granted, it was a great movie, but I couldn't help wondering what everyone else was getting out of that. That the most chaotic six years of the century could be summed up by the holocaust? No other nations fighting, just the Germans and of course the Americans who came along and beat them?

This probably won't seem as relevent tomorrow as it does now, but I've been wanting to post it for a while. I'd better get some sleep.

"Sargeant, you've got a lot a damn gall to ask me if I've rehabilitated myself. I mean, I mean, I mean that just, I'm sittin' here on the bench, I mean I'm sittin here on the Group W bench 'cause you want to know if I'm moral enough join the army, burn women, kids, houses and villages after bein' a litterbug."

-Arlo Guthrie, Alice's Resturant

------------------

Originally posted by Minnesota Joe:

I asked him what he had shown for the class discussion about WWII. He said "what class discussion?"

Of course. If you get in trouble for teaching history, why bother teaching it at all?

In my 11th grade US history class, we spent four days covering WWII. Four days. The first day, we read the two or three pages in the textbook. The last three days, we watched Schindler's List. Granted, it was a great movie, but I couldn't help wondering what everyone else was getting out of that. That the most chaotic six years of the century could be summed up by the holocaust? No other nations fighting, just the Germans and of course the Americans who came along and beat them?

This probably won't seem as relevent tomorrow as it does now, but I've been wanting to post it for a while. I'd better get some sleep.

"Sargeant, you've got a lot a damn gall to ask me if I've rehabilitated myself. I mean, I mean, I mean that just, I'm sittin' here on the bench, I mean I'm sittin here on the Group W bench 'cause you want to know if I'm moral enough join the army, burn women, kids, houses and villages after bein' a litterbug."

-Arlo Guthrie, Alice's Resturant

------------------

Guest Madmatt

Topics like this belong in the General Forum and not this one which is to be focused on issues pertaining to Combat Mission.

Thanks!

Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Topics like this belong in the General Forum and not this one which is to be focused on issues pertaining to Combat Mission.

Thanks!

Madmatt