Games that come closest to CM?

What games would you say in your personal opinion come close to the entertainment that CM provides? When you give your answer, please eclude HEX based games and the Close Combat Series......(because they suck) I'm trying to get a clue as to what to buy next. Many a time I have downloaded a game to see what it is like and more often than not, I've been disappointed.

Benny,

Prepare to be dissapointed yet again, because there just isn't anything like CM! I tried and tried to find a game that would keep me as involved, but none can. CM (like Myth, 2 years before, but that time for RTS games) has spoiled my appetite.

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 420:

Anyone heard of a game from some time ago called "X-COM: Ufo Defense" ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I played that back in the day. It was a wonderfully amusing title, although, I was fairly disappointed in its successors. X-Com 2 Terror from the Deep was just a ripoff of X-Com 1, just underwater. X-Com 3 Apocalypse lost the humour of X-Com, although it did gain a fairly action packed RTS.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 420:

Anyone heard of a game from some time ago called "X-COM: Ufo Defense" ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm trying to forget it. I just about quit my job to sit and play that game. There is a new one in the works using 3D graphics. Guess I'll lose a few more months of my life when it comes out.

CM still holds the record for no life. over 6 months now.

Benny, not a game that i know of is like CMission. The old windows simple game robosport had a similar turn sequence, but not much else. I too don't care for hex and card board cutouts, i hope they are a thing of the past and games with CM's format are the future

Oh man, don't even get me started on Robosport!

I played the Amiga version, and it's one of the most brilliantly designed games I've ever played. The flexibility of the game setup, networking, etc was just incredible. If someone made a Robosport 2...

I hear someone made a similar game inspired for the Mac a few years back, if I had a Mac I'd be sure to get that one.

Anybody know of a more recent version or similar game? Or where I can get hold of the original for PC?

"Welcome to the Robot Network! Coming up next... Robosport! Sponsored by: The Maxis Foundation/Killham weapon systems!"

-Enfors-

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Enfors:

If someone made a Robosport 2...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure, but WASN'T there a Robosport 2 some years ago? A "Gold" version? Or at least an inofficial sequel?

------------------

Rührt euch!

CMPFCICM2 - Combat Mission Players for Campaigns in Combat Mission 2 - Join us! ;D

If you can tear yourself away from the computer and muster one or more fellow gamers to meet IRL, then I warmly recommend Command Decision. It's a miniatures wargame that takes CM one step up in hierarchy, with each stand (model) representing about one platoon/battery. The game system is pretty close to CM, using WeGo and pre-plotted orders for each turn. It's easy to learn, yet complex enough to allow most types of actions and provide a realistic feel and outcome of battles.

Cheers

Olle

------------------

Srategy is the art of avoiding a fair fight...