How many Pbem games are you simultaneously playing ?

Well, I finished my first pbem this weekend. Windopaene assaulted my german defense and basically reduced me to shreds.

It was a huge map, town with lots of hills. I was positioned perfectly on a hilly ridge (VERY steep hils) above town when he came at me.

His attack was two-pronged, straight-forward, and well-executed. I gambled on which flank his main thrust would came and gambled wrong -- my left was heavily reinforced but his main force came up the right.

I also made some critical errors in force selection. NO panzershcrecks, little artillery (not a shot fired on my side due to stupid placement of spotters) and also my (potentially) biggest mistake of all -- I picked Submachine gunners instead of riflemen and they were usually broken by the time the yankees were even in range.

My infantry guns (75mm) were stuck up on the hilltops like a couple of scarecrows, I didn't use mines OR barbwire, I tried to take out his Sherman with my single Lynx, and finally in desparation charged his buttoned shermans with my submachinegunner TEAMS across 150 meters of open ground.

I surrendered on (I think) turn 18 or so.

Needless to say, it was VERY eye-opening!

On average about 12-15 going all the time.

Once you get the hang of it, it isn't too bad at all. Nice to see all the diffrent battles going at once, and also gives you a lot to think about at work until you get home.

P.S. Is it just me or do all of the poolers that have posted here thus far have the most going?

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

and for Kitty's sake

=^..^=

Originally posted by Lorak:

P.S. Is it just me or do all of the poolers that have posted here thus far have the most going?

Lorak

I guess I should pick up the pace then, I only have three going. Any takers???, Care to challenge my perfect record ( I haven't won a game yet, nor does it look like I'm going to in the ones in progress either).

------------------

"With cat-like tread, Upon our prey we steal;

In silence dread, Our cautious way we feel." -G&S

I was plugging along quite nicely for the past month with 3 games at a time, getting a couple of turns out each day, but have just started in the NSSBII and have suddenly jumped up to 6. It remains to be seen if I'm up to the task.