CM2 - Will you play CM:BO after its release?

That is the question. What will happen to CM after CM2?

I don't have enough time to play CM, and I don't know what I will do having two materpieces to gawk over.

My answer, for all practicle purposes, I will play CM2, otherwise I will fall out of the loop. Besides, I really want to play big maps and zoom around in my BT-7 sport tanks smile.gif

I guess that depends on how different CM2 it is from the original game. If the dynamics of the engagements and the tactical problems that require solving in CM2 are made discernably different TO ME by tweaks to the AI, (??) new equipment, different terrain, than probably yes I will continue to play CMBO. Cause the differences will make it refreshing and interesting to play both.

But if they are very similar, I will probably settle on one or the other to play most of the time, probably CMBO, as I'm not all that fired up about the Russian Front.

I find the scale intimidating.

I found CC3 to be a disappointment cause it was so similar to CC2, and believe me, I played the bejeesus out of CC2 and was sorta burned out on it.

[This message has been edited by Terence (edited 04-05-2001).]

I will definitely be playing both. I'm sure I'll be CM2 heavy for a while, then it will balance out. I do play against the AI quite a bit (since the AI's schedule matches mine 100% of the time, lol) and, as such, I will do with CM2 what I have done with CM. I play scenarios in date order. I make a list of all the new ones I've downloaded while playing and will go back to play those after finishing the current run-through. So, at some point, I'll start in May 1941 and work my way to May 1945, using CM2 and CM. There are so many good scenarios available, not including all the QB's, that it will take me several years to do it all. But I will relish every moment of it.

------------------

Give a man fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for a lifetime.

Originally posted by Terence:

I

I found CC3 to be a disappointment cause it was so similar to CC2, and believe me, I played the bejeesus out of CC2 and was sorta burned out on it.

[This message has been edited by Terence (edited 04-05-2001).]

I know the feeling. I still get nightmares at night of watching a German infatnry squad fire a faust at a churchill at 90 meters...

the 'Schwwwgggh' of the launch, the 'boooommm' of the churchill exploding because of a frontal hit with the faust. Followed with that mechanical 'thud' reminding you that you have one tank less... Gggkkk! eek.giffrown.gifsmile.gif

It was horrible, horrible smile.gif

edited because there's a differnce between a fayst and a schreck...

------------------

Gilthoniel A Elbereth!

A Elbereth Gilthoniel

o menel palan-diriel,

le nallon sí di'nguruthos!

A tiro nin, Fanuilos!

[This message has been edited by Thimoty (edited 04-05-2001).]

Believe it or not, some of us like the late war Western Front just fine. CM2 will be a welcome addition for me, mainly because of its timescale and inherent variations, but CM:BO will always be on my play list.

-dale

Guest Rommel22

I will definetly paly CM2! I have been waiting for CM2 since ever. I think I will totoaly give up CMBO.

Thats just me!

I really like the Eastern Front, the magnitude and the whole idea of soldiers, especially Russian ones, being stuck between two brutal dictators. I like the T-34 immensly, and I'm salivating at the thought of BTS presenting a Kursk Operation/Scenario.

But I have a soft spot for the Western front allies (Especially the US) and will continue to play as them in CMBO.

I agree sorta with guy w/gun. CM is just to fun to abandon. Plus the russians didn't have a large variety in weapons(smallarms).I just hope they let the germans get those huge artillery guns they used there.They should also make a change in RR size for russian battles.

Guest fytinghellfish

I'll play CM:BO because I like the fantasy of fighting something "evil". I think that aspect would be lost in CM2. And I think that the British Comet tank is the best looking tank of WW2 - and I thank the modders who reflected that. If the Russians got lend-lease Comets (and I'm sure they didn't) then I'd be in hog heaven.

That said, however, I love Panzer IIIs and T-34s and JS-2s and all that fun immensity of the Eastern Front. I'm looking forward to it.

------------------

hellfish

Got Operation Flashpoint?

Join the Revolution!

www.60thguardsmotorriflediv.homestead.com

erk!

I also plan on continuing to play CM:BO. I sincerely hope that BTS does the same thing to CM that they did with Achtung Spitfire and Over the Reich. Achtung Spitfire came out second, but they rolled about 75% of the improvements in it back into Over the Reich which breathed new life into the game and made them both equally fun to play. It allowed you to play the entire air war from the Battle of France in 1940 up to the final air battles in 1945 and not feel like you lost something when going on to the later air battles in Over the Reich.

In fact, I still play them both regularly. My only real concern right now is what is going to happen regarding Mac OS X support and consequently OpenGL support for both CM 1 and 2.

I still life in the hope that CM2 will be downward compatible. I hate the politic of some gamefactorys. Look East Front II/West Front/Rising Sun from Talonsoft for example. It's all the same game, only with different units and maps. The only reason why you can't play EFII scenarios in RS is that they coded the maps and scenarios files slightly different and excluded the units data. But in princip, it's relativ simple to adapt them. But so they have always the posibility to sell WFII or EFIII. :rolleyes:

Well, BTS has already stated that they won't produce 'CMBO 2'...

I'll be playing a lot more CM2 than CM. I've already played a lot of CM so switching will be a nice change. Plus, the Eastern front had so much of the fun stuff to play with. I can't wait to form my own Gds Heavy Tank regiment and use those IS-2s. I don't think CM2 will be a major leap forward. Most likely it'll be a twicked CM with new and expanded OOB to include the Russian stuff and more of the German equipment. The western front is nice but the Eastern front seems more interesting to me. What I would really like to see is being able to have the Russians fight the Americans in the game, but I think someone mentioned that that won't be a feature.

I would play CMBO even if CM2 would be much more advanced. CMBO is a game, which would be played even 10 years after, provided new comps would be able to run it.

Just like TacOS, Over the Reich, Achtung SpitFeuers, Flight Commander...

BTW - pritzl, glad to see you smile.gif