I want to know if I win before I play!

I don't know about you guys/gals but I would like to know I if I am going to win before I play.. that way I know if its worth playing the game or not! BTS can you put in a feature that tells you if one is going to win or not?

The best would be knowing if you suck before you do prove that to your opponent!

thanks for all your help BTS your the bestest in tha whole world.

mensch

----------

www.derkessel.com Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Originally posted by mensch:

I don't know about you guys/gals but I would like to know I if I am going to win before I play.. that way I know if its worth playing the game or not! BTS can you put in a feature that tells you if one is going to win or not?

The best would be knowing if you suck before you do prove that to your opponent!

thanks for all your help BTS your the bestest in tha whole world.

mensch

I think you need to prove your position better before BTS puts in it. After all, Hitler KNEW he would win.

Originally posted by Vanir:

Great idea! But only people who have served in the military should coment. Everyone else SHUT THE HELL UP!

LOL Vanir. That is priceless.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

Originally posted by mensch:

Mensch, if BTS wastes its time with your crappy ideas, they will never get around to modelling my list of demands from last week. I know you are all waiting with bated breath for nuclear grenades and the X-Ray Specs option for forward observers so they can see through terrain.

Watch my website for my upcoming Starship Troopers mods...

------------------

<A HREF="http://wargames.freehosting.net/cmbits.htm

http://members.home.net/canuckmain/

http://highlanders.freehosting.net/" TARGET=_blank>http://wargames.freehosting.net/cmbits.htm

http://members.home.net/canuckmain/

http://highlanders.freehosting.net/</A>

ok, after buying your troops and entering your name and birth date you get a message like a horoscope:

ie:

mensch (aquarius)

you choice of that SSCompany is a good choice but the moon of Cancer will enter on turn four causing your happy go lucky tiger to blow up. The Sun of Orion is your strong point, but beware of 17pdr guns. You will have hopes on turn 15 but the powers of 5.5inch arty will cause you to loose two platoons, and rout the rest in a panic no one has seen since KFC changed their Recipe. You have no chance monkey boy.

something like that would be good.

-------------

www.derkessel.com Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

X-Ray Specs option for forward observers so they can see through terrain.

Would these also let you see inside tanks so you could tell if they were out of ammo and whether they were buttoned because a crewmember got hit or were just scared?

------------------

"If you can taste the difference between caviar on a cracker and ketchup on a Kit-Kat while blindfolded, you have not had enough aquavit to be ready for lutefisk." (stolen from some web page about lutefisk)

Just in case this feature is not added, I have already found a workaround.

It's pretty simple, all you have to do is really, REALLY suck at the game. Once you learn how to do this, you'll already know that all your tanks will be flaming wrecks by the end of turn 1 and that your troops will surrender by turn 5 (it does take the enemy SOME time to walk across the map after all.)

I find it does indeed take some un-needed stress out of the game...

You also need to add a feature that allows you to enter a single waypoint to the enemy VLs. When you hit "GO", your forces should automatically advance to the VLs, engaging and killing all enemy units along the way.

Oh yeah, and you should add a screening feature that allows you to filter out any non-vets wishing to play a PBEM with you...

I'd also like to know if I'm going to get any work done before I go to work and waste the day doing nothing but surfing the web looking at [url=http://www.Starblazers.com websites. That way, I can stay home and play CM and analyze whether or not the lushness of the grass is historically equivalent to the grass in Western Europe in 1944-'45.

------------------

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -

THIS SIG FILE BELONGS TO A COMPLETE FOO.

MR T WOULDN'T BE SO KIND AS TO WRINKLE AN EYEBROW AT THIS UNFORTUNATE BEING. PLEASE OFFER HIS PARENTS AND COHABITANTS ALL SYMPATHY POSSIBLE. MAY BE CONTAGIOUS. CONTAINS ARTIFICIAL SWEETNER, INTELLIGENCE AND WIT. STAND WELL CLEAR AND LIGHT WICK. BY ORDER PETERNZ

Damn Croda. That is one funny sig!!!

must suck to be you - Hiram Sedai

Croda, you rock! - Meeks

Guest Mikey D

You want to be absolutely positive you're going to win before you start playing, or it's a no-go? I didn't realise former General (cut-it-off-then-kill-it) Colin Powell was a CM fan!

Originally posted by Simon Fox:

Gee mensch, I was thinking you were some sort of modern manifestation of a protohominid with an incurable case of literary Tourettes Syndrome. Who wrote that for you?

wow, did you find all those big words by yourself?

PS my inner croda wrote it for me.

-----------

Another fantastic feature would be to add something like VH1's Pop Up Video. This would randomly throughout the game pop up a window with a grog informational message. In the middle of the battle, up pops a window which says: "The Muzzle velocity of a late model Panther G was 825 m/sec."

Then, another window could pop up saying: "Yes, but only for guns built in Czechoslovakia after 1943 with steel made by old man Schnitzel outside of Vienna and barrel-rifling made by midget-gypsies from Moldavia."

Imagine the possibilities! Windows popping up and arguing with each other while the game is being played! Who cares about the game anyway? It's just a little backdrop for a physics experiment, right?

------------------

MR T WOULDN'T BE SO KIND AS TO WRINKLE AN EYEBROW AT THIS UNFORTUNATE BEING. PLEASE OFFER HIS PARENTS AND COHABITANTS ALL SYMPATHY POSSIBLE. MAY BE CONTAGIOUS. CONTAINS ARTIFICIAL SWEETNER, INTELLIGENCE AND WIT. STAND WELL CLEAR AND LIGHT WICK. BY ORDER PETERNZ

Croda, you rock! - Meeks

Originally posted by Croda:

Another fantastic feature would be to add something like VH1's Pop Up Video. This would randomly throughout the game pop up a window with a grog informational message. In the middle of the battle, up pops a window which says: "The Muzzle velocity of a late model Panther G was 825 m/sec."

Then, another window could pop up saying: "Yes, but only for guns built in Czechoslovakia after 1943 with steel made by old man Schnitzel outside of Vienna and barrel-rifling made by midget-gypsies from Moldavia."

Imagine the possibilities! Windows popping up and arguing with each other while the game is being played! Who cares about the game anyway? It's just a little backdrop for a physics experiment, right?

ROTFL good one croda! that feature I would love to see!

This had better be an optional feature, if not it is going to throw off the balance of the QB Meeting Engagements causing an ahistorical preponderance of King Tigers and Jumbo Shermans in relationship to impervious armored cars, plus I already know I suck, I don't need the game to tell me that. smile.gif He He He

Hardy, har, har! This thread is so very funny that my sides are splitting. Look people, since when is it a crime for people to make suggestions to BTS for game improvement? Yes some of the "suggestions" mentioned in the past are sheer lunacy, but that dosen't call for belittling, mocking, and sarcastic threads such as this. This has a net effect of discouraging constructive posts to the suggestion box. Lighten up guys and let sleeping dogs lie.

My 2 cents for what its worth.

Originally posted by WolfLord:

Hardy, har, har! This thread is so very funny that my sides are splitting. Look people, since when is it a crime for people to make suggestions to BTS for game improvement? Yes some of the "suggestions" mentioned in the past are sheer lunacy, but that dosen't call for belittling, mocking, and sarcastic threads such as this. This has a net effect of discouraging constructive posts to the suggestion box. Lighten up guys and let sleeping dogs lie.

My 2 cents for what its worth.

You're right, of course, but I hate to see anyone take themselves so seriously that they can't laugh at themselves once in a while. Everyone here has taken part in some of the same over-the-top discussion that we're laughing at. So in essence, we're laughing at ourselves.

------------------

Croda, you rock! - Meeks

WELL, snort! This just reminds me why I never posted to any wargame forums before, and why I never ever ever never ever will again!!! tongue.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Guest Germanboy

I would like to be able to go to work and have my iMac and my iBook play each other all day. When I get home, all I have to do is submit the results (remember, I win every time) to the Rugged Defense ladder. Nothing could stop me then - muhahahahahahhaha.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.