All your base are belong to Peng

Originally posted by Seanachai:

So, I wish to put this to the Peng Challenge Thread community: Which of us, Seanachai or Joe Shaw, do the members find more boring? Or do you have a third, write-in candidate in mind? You can simply vote, or, if stringing words together isn't too much of a challenge, you can explain not only who you find more boring, but why.

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzz *snuffle* ZzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzz *turns over* ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZzzzzzzz

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which of us, Seanachai or Joe Shaw, do the members find more boring? Or do you have a third, write-in candidate in mind?

Sorry guys, although you are both dull as ditchwater, I did manage to read all of this post.

Thus, my vote for the dullest ba****d known to man has to go to jasoncawley@fjasklfj.com. Have you ever tried to read one of his posts? Best cure for insomnia ever.

So, I wish to put this to the Peng Challenge Thread community: Which of us, Seanachai or Joe Shaw, do the members find more boring? Or do you have a third, write-in candidate in mind?

Seanachai Boring???????? surely that comment must have come from someone who is lacking Seans verbosity. Then again I wouldn't say Joe Shaw is boring either. So, who gets my vote then..

Nahhhhhhhhh I couldn't.

Could I?

Originally posted by Geier:

Tell us the truth David. You've been out on the main board haven't you? Read threads without the word Peng in them too I suspect.

Don't say we didn't warn you. And no, you may not.

Here, JD and Lawyer fella, we should look into this. We should set up licensing agreements, so that 'legitimate threads that actually discuss something that isn't completely useless ****e and are unmitigated wallows for the most mindless posters on the Board' bear the trademarked Pengâ„¢ of approval in the subject line. Could be a source of income we could use to try and bribe the Moderators into letting the bloody thread go to at least 500 posts before they kick us out like a bloody group of tinkers.

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues

You can simply vote, or, if stringing words together isn't too much of a challenge, you can explain not only who you find more boring, but why.

Seanachai or who? At least Sean-achoo has a memorable name.

------------------

"I HATE THIS GAME, YOU AND THIS SCENARIO" -jd

Originally posted by David Aitken:

PBEM Report

My outnumbered British have inflicted grievous losses on his Sturmgruppe squads, and are holding tight on the VL.

As exactly how this outnumbering occurs in a meeting engagement, I'd like to hear more. Did he decline to use some of the points at his disposal? If so, then he is simply Stupid. And as far as firmly holding the VL, I would agree if "holding the VL" meant piling the bodies of your deceased troops upon it. This one will be mine, though he seems blithely unaware of the fact.

Originally posted by YK2:

Seanachai Boring???????? surely that comment must have come from someone who is lacking Seans verbosity. Then again I wouldn't say Joe Shaw is boring either. So, who gets my vote then..

Nahhhhhhhhh I couldn't.

Could I?

Yes, Fair One, there are those (hear it not, thou gods) that find my posts boring. They are not quite right in the head, as we know. Like that idjit that showed up to compare both Shaw and myself to 'ditchwater'(doubtless the tonic he drinks each morning so as to make his own continued existence seem less dreadful by comparison). Of course, we welcome his showing up to villify boring ****es from the main Board. It's all about calumny, on the Peng Challenge Thread.

Might I say that both Shaw, dreadfully dull as we all know him to be, and myself, piss upon this individual from a considerable height. The syncopated beat of our urine splashing off his hollow and empty skull makes for...well, rather a calypso sound. Dayo! Daylight come, and me want to go home!

Pleasant, but, as you and I both know, Maiden of the North, not as satisfying as bagpipes.

First when ah' come to Glasgow toon

the Hieland troops were a' before me

and the bonniest lass in the town I saw

she lived in Glasgow, they called her Emma

------------------

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 04-01-2001).]

Originally posted by chrisl:

Thank you, you 'damning with faint praise' toad. I've always like you as well.

------------------

Oh please, first we have this demonstrably lower class person (you can tell because his name is in lower case ... same with jd) who is hardly to be granted credence ... or even clearwater, and don't get me started on review, and then he has to nerve to suggest that Seanachai is {gag} memorable? Damning with faint praise indeed my faux Irish friend but, any port in a storm I suppose. It's indicative, I think, that your query was ITSELF so boring that it generated so little response.

Joe

------------------

I HAVE LOST A BLOOD HAMSTER TO PETERNZ. MY SIG FILE IS

HIS. PLEASE TICKLE MY FANCY BY GOING TO DER KESSEL .IF

YOU GO HE MIGHT STOP BEATING ME AND USING MY POOR

INNOCENT BODY FOR HIS OWN DEVIOUS PLEASURES

Guest *Captain Foobar*

I'd like to interupt, with an observation. This is the most mudane Peng Challenge thread yet. Where are the long-winded imps of yore???

This is not entertaining.

Please fix. or do somefink!

Thank you,...I've always like you as well.

Any time.

To be honest, it's that guy you went to drinks with who I think may be the most boring. I can never even remember his name. Not shandorf, the one who won't go into Mpls after dark. In fact, I suspect that you are he, having killed the real Seanachai and eaten him (No Bauhaus! Sit down, we're in mourning!!) and taken over his username and password here in the pool and in his games via email. Otherwise this "who's duller" question probably wouldn't have come up.

------------------

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

who is hardly to be granted credence ... or even clearwater, and don't get me started on review,

That should be revival you idiot. If you're going to make boring jokes, at least get them right.

------------------

Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

I'd like to interupt, with an observation. This is the most mudane Peng Challenge thread yet. Where are the long-winded imps of yore???

!

See my previous post above. Some suburban Minnesotan has killed and eaten the most long winded (most likely in every sense) member of the pool. At the very least he's been fed into a bark shredder, as that seems to be rather popular in those parts. And be careful asking for the long winded-- you might conjure one of the grogs from the main board-- 150 line posts about armor thickness or artillery shell production.

------------------

Oh please, first we have this demonstrably lower class person (you can tell because his name is in lower case ... same with jd) who is hardly to be granted credence ... or even clearwater, and don't get me started on review, and then he has to nerve to suggest that Seanachai is {gag} memorable? Damning with faint praise indeed my faux Irish friend but, any port in a storm I suppose. It's indicative, I think, that your query was ITSELF so boring that it generated so little response.

Joe

Now then, Joe, it ill becomes you to so show your fear over the outcome of this honest, straightforward query that you've already begun deriding it. That's the mark of fear, Old Foul Joe. The act of one who knows, in his heart, that the thumbs shall go down (here, is Bauhaus back yet? It just doesn't seem right using some Aussie temp agency) on his ability to engage the intellect of the readers.

So, you feel that my challenge has generated little interest so far? It's never occured to you that here in the Peng Challenge Thread that only repeated, clearly stated, and, did I mention, oft-repeated questions, register at all on the inhabitants? I shall persevere until even the thickest and most drooling Peng Challenge Thread member realizes that a question has been put to him.

------------------

That should be revival you idiot. If you're going to make boring jokes, at least get them right.
I am an artist you clown, words are my pigments, my keyboard the brush and my canvas is this thread. If I should experiment with other colors it's only to allow a fresh perspective on the overall theme, THEY MOCKED PABLO PIZZARO TOO!

Joe

------------------

THEY MOCKED PABLO PIZZARO TOO!

That should be "Bizarro" and his first name wasn't Pablo.

You are becoming tiresome. Now is the time in the pool when we dance.

------------------

I shall persevere until even the thickest and most drooling Peng Challenge Thread member realizes that a question has been put to him.

Ok Mace. NOW!!!!!

(apologies to the Bald One for stealing a few of his exclamation points)

(edited because I forgot to check the roster for this week's drooling freak while Bauhaus is gone)

------------------

[This message has been edited by chrisl (edited 04-01-2001).]

You are becoming tiresome. Now is the time in the pool when we dance.
Yessss, quite so, dancing ... indeed ... keep your eyes on him boys, and get the brick ready.

Joe

------------------

Originally posted by Mace:

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzz *snuffle* ZzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzz *turns over* ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZzzzzzzz

Er, in the spirit of 'I don't know quite what' and to his own utter humiliation, Mace has posted a recording of his last carnal encounter. I say, shouldn't we be starting up a benefit fund for his poor wife, or something? Maybe send her to Bangkok for her Holiday?

------------------

Well, clearly the Honeymoon is over, and the weirdness has reached disturbing levels. Here, one of the young, well-groomed, and attractive members of the Thread stand by to console Stuka's wife when this comes out in court.

Oh, did I say Peng? I meant to say 'napalm'

I was being ultra groggy there for a minute in an attempt to appease my new grog cyber boyfriend (and you know who you are, Andy) to ensure our game continues, as his early losses have perhaps given rise to a conspicious absence from my in-box.

Tch,Tch,Tch

Lorak:

Scribe it thusly (in the column assigned to minor, almost insignificant wins)

Herr Oberst: leading his glorious hamstertruppen, absolute, overwhelming, total victory.

Crawdad: defeated, despairing, despondenct, disillusioned loss.

The final score: 92 to 8. My 57 healthy hamsters inflicted 350 casualties on Crawdad's lemmings, and captured another 78.

The fact that my hamsters had the protection of mother armor is irrelevant. This is merely an afirmation of our relative places in the universe. Crawdad on the bottom, and me somewhere above.

Huzzah!

------------------

To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee...

Lorak!

Note the following, and note it well:

The armed IVces have inflicted a crushing draw on the unterstompingfuehrermenschen commanded by OFGS.

Mark IV: 43

OGSF: 47

This was a very cool QB meant to precisely simulate the Ardennes offensive. There was snow, there were giant rickets, there was... a &%#@$*% Hummel. There were flaming clanking things.

And there was a small, ragtag band of misfits, a veteran Airborne unit, spit from the bowels of hell, with only 2 TDs in support, who looked fate in the face and said, "we are adequate". And so they were. And thus we have a draw.

Special recognition to the minefields without whom all this would not have been possible. In a series of brilliant maneuvers (modeled on Napoleon's Ulm campaign, with Jacksonian flair and timing), they were precisely where they were needed, i.e., under my Hated Enemy's feet. I still feel that the move commands for minefields are undermodeled, and will soon post a 5000-word opinion on "Running With Minefields". This sneak preview (yes, Sneak is a viable option) is exclusive to the Peng Thread.

A bitter, well-fought battle that should have been televised.