Rejoice, World ! The CMMOS German Halftracks are here !

Hi all,

Tired of waiting for those lazy Fernando and Gordon to make CMMOS versions of their fabulous SPW251 and 250 series ;) , I made an orgy of file renaming :eek: , did some thumbnail screenies and typed a ruleset smile.gif

Here is how it looks :

CMMOS_German_HTs.jpg

The files ARE up on the Web, on my little server space, grab them !! :D

Zipped BMPs :

Fernando German HTs for CMMOS (12 Mb size :eek: )

Gordon German HTs for CMMOS (14 Mb size :eek: )

Ruleset 901 (unofficial) :

Ruleset 901

Three remarks :

1- Although Fernando's filenames were usable for CMMOS I decided to rename all the files in order to allow for the choices I wanted

2- THE SPW251/8 IS LACKING IN THE GERMANS VEHICLES BMP LIST, so grab patched files here (copy them in the FileList folder of CMMOS) :

German_Vehicles and

Winter_German_Vehicles

3 AND LAST ! : the stuff has NOT been tested thoroughly, so please post if any problem is encountered !

Manx and others CM site webmasters are encouraged to link/copy/put the files on their site whenever they could :cool:

Enjoy !

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: Pascal DI FOLCO ]

Pascal,

can you help me out here? I dl'd the files and extracted the 2 big files to the CMBO BMP file. The ruleset 901 I extracted to Gem software/ CMMOS but now it doesn't work. CMMOS won't start because it can't find the 901 ruleset exe. and 901 txt.

What did I do wrong? All the PIV and PV etc worked fine. Thanks for your help.

hoorah yay!

Thank you sooo very much!

The Mod-Slut Community owes you and Fernando and Gordon and Marco and Manx everyone else who contributed to CMMOS and mods a great amount of THANKS!!!!

Many many Thanks

Dave

:D:D:D:D:D:D

(I'm extrememly sorry about the length, I hope all is fine now!!!)

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: Capt Canuck ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viceroy:

Pascal,

can you help me out here? I dl'd the files and extracted the 2 big files to the CMBO BMP file. The ruleset 901 I extracted to Gem software/ CMMOS but now it doesn't work. CMMOS won't start because it can't find the 901 ruleset exe. and 901 txt.

What did I do wrong? All the PIV and PV etc worked fine. Thanks for your help.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Viceroy,

Please e-mail the CMMOSLog.txt file from "C:/windows/temp" to "gordonemolek@earthlink.net" and I'll take a look to see what's wrong.

Gordon

Viceroy,

I think the problem is that the Ruleset 901 zip does not create a folder when unzipped. I manually created a folder called "RuleSet901" in the CMMOS folder and then unzipped the files into the new folder and it works fine. I think if you just unzip to the CMMOS folder it just dumps the files in the main folder and doesn't create a new RuleSet folder on its own. The exe must look for those folders.

Hope that helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Cool, thanks!

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: Pvt. Ryan ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The file "Disabled.bmp" which should be present in your CMMOS installation directory is not there. That image is used to indicate show that a particular Rule has been disabled (because the pre-requisite mod file isn't present) and a Rule-specific disabled BMP wasn't provided.

The program should continue running, but the question is what happened to the file? You can send me a copy of CMMOSLog.txt to look at (gordonemolek@earthlink.net), but I'm not sure it will tell me anything more).

Any chance you accidentally removed or moved the file?

Gordon

I just downloaded this mod (great job BTW) and I too noticed it doesn't automatically create a RuleSet901 Folder. In my case it seems to unzip to my windows temp folder, so the solution is to create a RuleSet901 Folder in the CMMOS folder manually and unzip the .exe to that folder directly.

Thanks Gordon. I figured that out so I deleted my message. I unzipped into the main folder like others have and then I cut and pasted everything into the new ruleset file, including the disabled.bmp. I reinstalled CMMOS which fixed the problem.

Hmm, it seems I blew somefink with that damned autoextracting zip... Sorry pals :(

I'll try to post a correct version as soon as I find what options I should use with Winzip :confused: :D !

As for the "disabled" bmp bug, it's strange because I provided all the _disabled bmps and even *tested* them ;), so :confused:

Pascal, the disabled.bmp (part of CMMOS) is there, I just moved it into the wrong folder by accident. It wasn't caused by your ruleset, although having the ruleset create its own folder would have precluded my confusion. It's fixed now and works fine. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

I just can't make this @^\`}! Zip program to store the subfolder name in the Ruleset901 archive !!! :(

Either I've no name, or else a full path name :mad: :mad:

Can someone help ? Please...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pascal,

What works for me is to click "Add", check the "Include Subfolders" box and select "Add with wildcards" button. That will put everything in the current folder (and preserve the sub-folders as relative paths).

Gordon

Pascal,

Place all the files you want to include in a standard zip file. When you add the files, make sure that the "Include sub-folders" box and the "Save extra folder info" box are NOT checked.

When you've added all the files to your regular zip file, go to the "Actions" drop-down on the Winzip menu bar.

Inside it, you'll find the "Make .Exe File" tab. Click it.

Guide winzip to the zipfile you just created on the "Create Self-Extracting Zip file from:" line.

On the "Default 'Unzip to' folder:" line, type the install location in it's entirety. In your case it would be:

"C:/Program Files/GEM Software Productions/CM Mod Option Selector/RuleSet901"

Make sure the following options are selected:

Self Extracting Type: 32-bit Windows 95,98, and NT

Spanning Support: No spanning

Lastly, make sure the "Overwrite by default" box is checked.

Then hit OK. That oughtta do it.

[edit: sorry for the long-winded diatribe. I thought you were asking how to make a self-extracting zip work. for what you're doing, Gordon's way is much simpler.]

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: Clubfoot ]

Great job !!! Thanks.

FYI,after downloading I stayed up till 1:30 AM doing a test run and have found the following:

Rule901-007 (GEM Ambush camo):_GEM_251_UM should be changed to _GEM251_UM

The "_" between GEM and 251 on all lines must be deleted.

Rule901-004 (Fernando's mono spw 251 support)

Option for Wehrmact, bmp files not available

Rule901-005 (Fernando's Bicolor .....)

Option for Wehrmact,bmp files not available

Rule901-006 (Fernando's Tricolor ....)

option for SS,bmp files not available.

I'll continue the test run tonight.

Once again, thank you for all your effort. I certainly appreciate it.

Cheers !!!

;)