A question for Matt, Steve or whoever

I am in absolutely no rush for CM2 at all. I still feel I haven't scratched the surface of Cm yet and I waited a very very long time for that.

Having said that...I read a passing comment in a thread a few days ago (can't even rememeber which one) that said something about you guys keeping a lid on the features of CM2 and its developement. Is this true? One of the things that I loved about this forum while CM was being made was checking it daily for tidbits of information about gameplay, equipment, ect.. Another great thing about it was the feedback from people and discussion of all aspects of the game. Much of the feedback was from nonbeta testers who were giving what seemed like valuble information and insights.

Just wanted to check if it was your intention to have the board as much of a part of the developement of CM2 as I felt it was during the building of CM.

------------------

"When they finally put you in the ground..I'll stand on your grave and tramp the dirt down" Elvis Costello

While I do miss Steves "Thats it, Lewis this is absolutely the second to last time before I kick you out of here" rants, I think that BTS may be playing things closer to their chests on CM2.

A bigger staffed game company could just skip the CM level and jump in with a competitive product along the lines of CM2. I cant imagine BTS releasing a CM2 demo so far in advance or openly discussing the radical changes they are planning.

They already have a good customer base and hopefully will expand the coding staff to excellerate things.

At one point I would have bought a late war eatern front version of CM1 but have reconsidered. The spotting, armored warfare and AI need to be revamped.

Originally posted by Elvis:

I read a passing comment in a thread a few days ago (can't even rememeber which one) that said something about you guys keeping a lid on the features of CM2 and its developement. Is this true? One of the things that I loved about this forum while CM was being made was checking it daily for tidbits of information about gameplay, equipment, ect.. Another great thing about it was the feedback from people and discussion of all aspects of the game. Much of the feedback was from nonbeta testers who were giving what seemed like valuble information and insights.

Just wanted to check if it was your intention to have the board as much of a part of the developement of CM2 as I felt it was during the building of CM.

I'd have to agree with Elvis, I think the strength of CMBO was that there was a very good information flow between the developers and we prospective purchasers.

This resulted in what I would argue was probably the most stable and most entertaining wargame (or game in general) that was ever released.

Also given that the East Front is the area that holds the most interest for me, I would welcome the opportunity to contribute to CM2s development, and to hear what is going on during the alpha/beta stages of the game's development.

I am in absolutely no rush for CM2 at all.

Wanker! wink.gif

Mace

At one point I would have bought a late war eatern front version of CM1 but have reconsidered. The spotting, armored warfare and AI need to be revamped.
Well Jimbo, Lewis certainly looks like he's going to serve up a fastball doesn't he?

Right you are there Steve, I bet it's going to be belt high and right down the middle of the plate.

Well let's see, the next batter is coming up now ... I'm betting this pitch is going downtown ...

And now, stepping up to the plate is ...

Elvis - I don't think that BTS is going to keep absolutely quiet on CM2. I believe the statement you read was more along the lines that the poster wasn't hearing the level of info from BTS that they were expecting in the latter stages of CMBO's development.

Right now Kwazydog is doing up the 3D models and possibly some textures. Most of the beta testers are hunting for relevant info in the approrpiate references. Steve and Charles (and others most likely) are discussing exactly what they're going to attempt to do with CM2 (game mechanics, changes to CMBO for CM2, etc.).

As for Lewis - we're still waiting on your game that you were developing that was supposed to be a magnitude better than CM.

I'm sure we all would like to see improvements over CMBO. They may not be on the order that we would like to see them (with enhanced AI, spotting, etc.), but I would still purchase CM2 even if it doesn't meet your qualifications for a game worthy of purchase.

[This message has been edited by Schrullenhaft (edited 03-19-2001).]

Guest Madmatt

Actually we were talking about allowing everyone to have a nice juicy sneak peak at what's shaking BUT Lewis. I mean after all, his super uber secret bulldozer sim or whatever will be in direct competition with CM2...

Madmatt

Schrullenhaft I understand what you are saying but being a lurker for a year or year and half before the beta demo I can tell you that there seemed to be a great deal of conversation about the development very very very early on. I don't mean to imply that BTS should/has to/feel the need to provide that kind of interaction again..just putting out a feeler about whether they plan to do that type of thing again.

I think it was Madonna that said "you can never go home"...maybe it was Scott Baio..but whoever it was they were probably right.

------------------

"When they finally put you in the ground..I'll stand on your grave and tramp the dirt down" Elvis Costello

Originally posted by Juardis:

Actually, all I'm hoping for is some cool tank poster with my pre-order. I missed out on the trinkets for the first pre-order (although I did pre-order, just not pre- enouugh) wink.gif

Gaa! Another CM thing I'm going to miss over the summer. As if missing the release last year wasn't bad enough. Maybe someone could preorder two copies, and I could buy one and the poster from them?

------------------

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, Classic threads, and more!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.