Frequently Asked Questions answered by cesspoolers from the Peng Thread™ v. 2

jd

Originally posted by stevetherat:

Here's a poser for you. Do you prefer taking the wide route into battle or as a concentrated mass?

For example, I have a fictional infantry company in front of me and my target - a small hamlet cum village - is in the centre of the map.

Do I:

a) present two platoons up and one in reserve and attack headlong into the village?

or

B) sit tight with two platoons while the other tries out a flanking push, well wide of the village, and attack en-mass to effect a deadly field of surrounding fire?

Regards

'Curious' (name witheld)

If this "small hamlet cum village" is the one at the top of the hill in our current game, I strongly recomend that you use the move order to send your troops on parade through the center of town.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, here's the advice from the man who makes Moriarty look like U.S. Grant:

If you can get a platoon around that flank fairly quietly, then you can use the platoon in the middle to keep the flank you plan on hitting suppressed and hopefully to also cut-off reinforcements from the other flank. When the attention is switched to your flanking force, you can use your reserve to move past your SBF (support by fire. I learned that one from reading grog posts by CavScout) position and converge on the position your flanking force is on. Get It?

Team A suppresses. Team B flanks. Team C attacks an already suppressed and attacked unit. All told, you should have close to 3:1 superiority.

Now, Marlow, if he listens to me you're guaranteed a win, because the mere fact that I voiced my opinion on strategy dooms that strategy to failure. You owe me one.

------------------

Woot! - Maximus2k

The New CessPool

Originally posted by Phillies Phan:

What is the british equivalent to the Puma?

Ooh, I know this one: it's the Daimler Armored Car. Thin armor, but it goes 50mph and has a 40mm gun that can penetrate a PzIV turret front. I think it's 70-80pts.

Agua Perdido

------------------

Feel the pain of outlaw cinema!

Originally posted by Roborat:

What's this doing on page three, back to the front you!

sidenote, how come I get abused for paraphrasing Neitchze, but Peng can do it???

"...There's nothing Neitchze couldn't teach ya bout the raisin of the wrist..."

I gets abused for everything. Dammit. So if someone misses a point of abuse here and there I think it is no big deal to just let it go. OK? Schmuck.

Also, please tell me where I paraphrase Nizcxthe...kneescher...kknighitser...nee-cha, so I can act like I know who I am ripping off when I don't atribute paraphrases or quotes or stuff like that there.

Damn. it is way too late in the morning and I am way too full of beer to be typing. wellthe tpying isn't the problem so much as the thinking before the typing. feh. shut up go to bed.

gah

Peng

------------------

That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable

Ya mean ™ ¶ º °ß • § and those ümlat thingies? û é ö things like that? Your computer has them built in the fonts it uses I suspect. On a Mac it's easy to see by using the keycap utility which maps the lternative keyboards. To do ™ (on the Mac it's option + 2)

Since this is the proper forum for idiots like myself to post stupid questions- I would like to ensure the time, effort and vitriol has a place to go.

What is the difference between a Junior member and a member. (and more disturbing, how can this board see the dimensions of my member so accurately? biggrin.gif )

------------------

"Um,.....HELP?!"

Originally posted by Egbert:

Since this is the proper forum for idiots like myself to post stupid questions... What is the difference between a Junior member and a member.

30 posts. Or in your case, 27. The dimensions of your membership (I'm sure that's what you meant) can be seen by clicking the profile icon next to your name.

Also, Members pass a rigorous examination and must succesfully navigate a treacherous obstacle course for time.

Those meeting the 30-post requirement, but failing the latter, are set to work on new features for the user interface.