can I fight a high res game using orginal settings?

I haven't had a chance to start playing PBEM games yet (or internet) due to lack of time in the evenings to even read my e-mails but I have a question for when I do start. I am still using to original setting from CMBO (due to lack of finances [1 kid in college and another starting next year]) and do not want to push my computer with hi-res mods. Can I play oponents who are using hi-res mods?

Eric

Hi-Res Mods are only important to the computer they are on. OH WHY AM I KIDDING MYSELF??? Hi-Res Mods are the only way to play CM!!! [bang] Oops, I must have had one of those relapses into Mod Snob Land.

No seriously. Hi-Res Mods are just graphics. They have no impact on the communication between two different machines.

However, keep in mind that if your opponent is using Hi-Res graphics, his armor will be denser (more pixels per inch = higher density of armor). That means if you fire a low-res round at your opponent's high res tank, there is a much higher likelihood of the round ricocheting off like a stuart plinking a King Tiger from 1000 yds away.

There was a thread about this recently - see it here..

The other posters are correct, however, in their statements that it will not affect communication between your PC and your opponents - they just left out the impact it will have on your weapons and their effectiveness. Maybe the gamey bastiches were planning on taking out your low res soldiers with their high-res übertanken?

MrSpkr

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

HiRes is NOT Communism.

Let's see.

Maximus and I both have Marco's latest Greyhound and had been using them for some time.

Can't see where any one of us shared those beauties.

Doesn't look too Communist to me that.

:D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's see. Max is far left wing. You are French. Both sound pretty Communist to me!

:D:D:D

MrSpkr

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kingfish:

I've read the Mao Tse-Tung downloaded Mods, whats that tell you?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My sig says it all.

Your mod behavior is sick and wrong and a cancer eating away at the vitals of our society.

I point The Finger Of Shame at you, you Mod Mad Degenerates, enemies of all that is Good And Right.

Yes, you can have your RED mods. I'll have you know your precious "Tiger-Mod" and "Magua-Mod" tanks and trucks you so painstaking downloaded appear as chartreuse Yugos and your troops resemble bella abzug in pants suits and comfortable shoes on my screen.

I mod, and mine nullify you and yours.

[ 06-15-2001: Message edited by: -Havermeyer- ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Let's see. Max is far left wing. You are French. Both sound pretty Communist to me!

:D:D:D

MrSpkr<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now wait a minute. I'm not FAR left-wing. I'm just left of the middle by a bit. I agree with the Left's political and economical views, but I don't agree with some of their self-destructing laws such as the "no-touch" law in the school systems. (I say bring back the paddle and whack somebody.) When I was in school, a teacher gave swats just for someone's birthday. A swat for each year. :D

There are several other left-wing policies I don't agree with, but I can't recall any one them now until one of them comes up in discussion.

I think the tax cut is a BAD idea. Because they've tried it before and nothing happened. ie. Economy did not get stimulated as was thought. The thing I want to know is how does a government see fit to give away a "surplus" when there is still a deficit? How can you have a surplus and still have a deficit? Isn't that a paradox?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Now wait a minute. I'm not FAR left-wing. I'm just left of the middle by a bit.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, sure, Max! Then how do you explain THIS on your truck mod?

MaoJoke.jpg

Thought we wouldn't notice, eh! :D

- Old Dog

Yeah I knew it all along!!!

You're not a pain in the ass Max, you're a bloody chinese with a penchant for being a pain in the ass.

Next thing we know you'd say you're a Finn and spawn posts about that war they said happened somewhere between a foreign country and another.

Yes!!!

You are the Hue & Saturation of Communism!

Shame on you...

:D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

Yeah I knew it all along!!!

You're not a pain in the ass Max, you're a bloody chinese with a penchant for being a pain in the ass.

Next thing we know you'd say you're a Finn and spawn posts about that war they said happened somewhere between a foreign country and another.

Yes!!!

You are the Hue & Saturation of Communism!

Shame on you...

:D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you now or have you ever been a Mod Slut?

I have here a LIST of all the mod sluts in the Pentagon and the State department!! <<--waves paper