I'm back! What's happened in the last three months?

I just got back from fishing today. It sure is great to be back on the forum. What are the big events of the last three months? Any new gamey or unusual tactics or updates to CMBO that I should know about? What stage is CM2 in? Any screenshots? MPEG movies? Beta demo smile.gif?

Sorry about the total lack of updates on The Last Defense. Will Moran has been fired (none too soon), and I'll see what I can do about getting everything back to normal. I should be able to get the first update done in five or six days, and we'll see how it goes from there.

Fishing was slooooow this year. The price was down due to a glut of farmed salmon, and the catch turned out to be about a third of the usual amount. I may have to consider a new line of work next year. Is BTS hiring yet?

Ha! I've already been to the FAQ. Just went to CMHQ as well, to look at the screenshots of CM2. Lookin' good! Also, I just finished reading the thread that I left just before I left. Thanks for all the thoughts, it's great to know that I'm missed when I'm gone. [sniff] OK, enough of the mushy stuff- who wants to get slammed into the bottom of a smelly brailer bag in a PBEM game? Send me a file, if you think you've got what it takes to beat an Alaska setnetter!

WELCOME BACK !!!

I am starting a drive to provide you with a portable computer

and wireless internet access next summer.

Firing was a bit too lenient in my eyes

ps to CJMello New Bedford was also the Northeast Heroin capital a while back too

(no offense meant to residents of NB, smugglers just love a good harbor)

[ 08-26-2001: Message edited by: jeffsmith ]

[ 08-26-2001: Message edited by: jeffsmith ]

Glad you made it back. I gave up on the fishing life after the oil spill. I was on the boat for a month for no pay until we could finally drop a net which was in Togiak. Yukon kings were $3.75/lb that year so it almost worked out. Should've worked for VECO cleaning oil instead in 20/20 hindsight. I used to start herring in Cordova and follow them to Unalakleet, spend all my money in Nome, a month on the Yukon for salmon, a few weeks in Naknek where I spent all my money again and finished up the season in Pilot Point. Never made any money to speak of but got an extended ocean cruise every summer.

Rother

hey glad to see ya back:

major events: maximus called bush a warmonger, and i think also dumb(see national missile defense threads)

tiger quit the forum and cm cause he brought up a thread about making bmps for dead bodies in cm2 and there was a bit of a argument (he asked some webmasters to remove any of his mods off their sites :( )

i made a scenario with a bunch of people's names including yours:

Decision, located at http://user.7host.com/russellmz/main.html

has engineers doing a bridge demolition, using a method i thought up! (play as allies first)

wwii online releashed a pay beta that apparently suked.

a few cm2 articles: located at cmhq or use google to search for "combat mission 2" berlin to barborossa

...more gossip coming...

Wow. Sounds like quite a lot has happened. Too bad about Tiger, CM won't be the same without his mods.

CJMello, apparently nobody's figured out how to farm swordfish and cod yet. Lucky you. I lived in NB for a while when I was about 5.

Rother, glad you had a good time fishing. Sounds like quite the cruise. Kings (not Yukon) were $.50/lb this year. Reds were just $.65, and we almost had to go on strike to get that. At False Pass and a couple other places they were something like $.40, and they didn't get very many fish there either. Not a good way to make a living anymore.

Commissar, I was fishing out of Larsen Bay, on Kodiak Island where I live. Never been to Sitka, but I lived in Juneau ten years ago.

Russelmz, thanks for the info. I'll be sure to check out your scenario, sounds interesting.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Wow. Sounds like quite a lot has happened. Too bad about Tiger, CM won't be the same without his mods.

CJMello, apparently nobody's figured out how to farm swordfish and cod yet. Lucky you. I lived in NB for a while when I was about 5.

Rother, glad you had a good time fishing. Sounds like quite the cruise. Kings (not Yukon) were $.50/lb this year. Reds were just $.65, and we almost had to go on strike to get that. At False Pass and a couple other places they were something like $.40, and they didn't get very many fish there either. Not a good way to make a living anymore.

Commissar, I was fishing out of Larsen Bay, on Kodiak Island where I live. Never been to Sitka, but I lived in Juneau ten years ago.

Russelmz, thanks for the info. I'll be sure to check out your scenario, sounds interesting.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I think the fish buyers saw "A Perfect Storm", saw how easy commercial fishing was, and decided why the hell should anyone pay you guys for a 4 week vacation at sea.

The Tiger thing was overblown, but it did spawn some great off list discussions.

Sorry to hear about the poor salmon season. I dreamed of being a commercial fisherman as a kid, but then again salmon fishermen didn't have to compete with salmon fish farms. Dambed shame its driving the price of pacific salmon down so bad. It's so much better than those sea-trout that they call salmon in the Atlantic. BTW, has the fed burried their claws into the Salmon fishing regs yet? Been out of the state for a while.

Gee, I don't think too much has happened softwarewise. They are working on CM2. There was a large thread about grazing fire and MG effectiveness. Ummm, hmm...no new patches to CM1. Deanco was named to work on the interface graphics for CM2. There have been a couple interviews with BTS about CM2 and a few screen shots and that's about it. Oh, yeah, Rexford released their comprehensive study of WW II AP and armor effectiveness (about three weeks ago.)

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: StellarRat ]