New Spielberg Film in the works...

Gents and ladies...through various contacts I have been able to find out that Spielberg is working on a new movie with Ambrose as an advisor. The subject...

Iwo Jima...

I am trying to find out if this will be similiar in intensity to SPR or if it will be based on the book, "Flags of Our Fathers".

When I find out I will post the info.

Canuck,

Its HBO, and it will be aired starting in september according to the advertisements I have seen on HBO.

There is also a drama called "Conspiracy" which will air on May 19 on HBO as well. "Conspiracy" deals with high ranking Nazi officials discussing thier plan to exterminate Jewish people and others humans which do not rank high on the todom poll of Nazi convention.

Should be a good film.

The Spilberg film (mini series) is called "Band of Brother".

[ 05-11-2001: Message edited by: Freak ]

Frenchy, are you sure that you aren't talking about "Band of Brothers" which is the mini-series? Isn't that based on an Amrose book?

If he's doing another war film, this will be 3 in a row. Wonder what got him so hooked on this subject all of a sudden?

Guest Babra

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Freak:

There is also a drama called "Conspiracy" which will air on May 19 on HBO as well. "Conspiracy" deals with high ranking Nazi officials discussing thier plan to exterminate Jewish people and others humans which do not rank high on the todom poll of Nazi convention.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This isn't a remake of "The Wannsee Conference" is it? I hope not. The Wannsee Conference was a brilliant piece of film-making and ought not to be f*&%d with.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>This isn't a remake of "The Wannsee Conference" is it? I hope not. The Wannsee Conference was a brilliant piece of film-making and ought not to be f*&%d with.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm...Don't know. I havent heard of The Wannsee Conference. What year was this done? American film?

I'll check the Internet Movie database...

[ 05-11-2001: Message edited by: Freak ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flipper:

oh great now we get to watch marine's kill near sighted japanese...I hope tom hank's won't be in it!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That edges on racism there. Have you ever even met any Japanese people? For a bunch of "near sighted" people, they did a pretty good job of handing alot of people's a$$es early on in the war and went down fighting hard.

As for the Iwo Jima movie itself, since I'm a Marine I'm quite interested in the theme. Lookin' forward to it! ;)

[ 05-11-2001: Message edited by: Warmaker ]

Oh My God....not racism. Everyone quick....there is a racist here. Quick shun him.

Please you bleeding heart sissy's I believe he was poking fun at Hollywood's way of portraying G.I's as dead-eyes and all the other 'bad guys' as not very good shots....or near sighted.

Why the hell does everything turn into 'racism'? :eek: :mad:

What a joke.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by von shrad:

Oh My God....not racism. Everyone quick....there is a racist here. Quick shun him.

Please you bleeding heart sissy's I believe he was poking fun at Hollywood's way of portraying G.I's as dead-eyes and all the other 'bad guys' as not very good shots....or near sighted.

Why the hell does everything turn into 'racism'? :eek: :mad:

What a joke.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, dip****, I see your point and I failed to see the sarcasm from his post at the time. In hindsight I now remember those American WWII era war movies with the stereotypical Japanese infantryman.