Industry veterans found new wargame company

Guest aka PanzerLeader

Unfortunately these guys look pretty much stuck on hexes. Down to the presentation of the site!

My dream game would have been Road To Moscow...

Guest aka PanzerLeader

Guys,

The only source of information I have about RtM is the Wargamer site(www.wargamer.com) which has one section about it, and a small discussion board. From what I've heard over there, things don't look very bright...

The section itself hasn't been updated since the 6th of February 2000, at which time there were still no news about the game frown.gif

Guest Michael emrys

RtM has been "under development" since about 1995 when Arsenal (the original publisher of TacOps) announced it. Every once in a while there would be a brief article with screenshots in one or another of the gaming mags. Since it won't be out on the Mac, I lost interest in it pretty quick. Did sound wonderful though...

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iggi:

Thier site says: "World War II by Three Guys" Which is what 2X3 stands for but 2X3=6 which is how many sides a hex has. Coincidence?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

omg and 6x111=666, thats it i'm not buyin it

------------------

The best laid plans of hamsters and men....

[This message has been edited by Dogface (edited 01-03-2001).]

Let us not be too critical of people wanting to make wargames for computers, they are few and far between. Give them a chance to come up with some products and we may be surprised. Personally I don't care if a game has hexes. One of my favorites is "The Operational Art of War" with plenty of hexes. Why, even Sqaud Leader has hexes.

CM will be very hard to beat, but I'd like to see someone try since we wargame enthusiasts will be the winners in the contest. So let's wait and see what they come up with.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

I'm with Lee. Hexes work fine at the strategic and operational level. There's even a new game at Shrapnelgames.com featuring hexes at the grand tactical level called Combat Command II. The demo plays fine. I like it. The IGO/UGO doesn't seem to create unrealistic situations the way they've implemented it. Check it out.

treeburst155

Wayne is right. Lets give these veterans of past wargames a chance to show us what they can come up with. We should be supporting those that want to make more wargames. Doesnt matter wether its RT, Turn based, hexxed, or nonhexxed. A good wargame is a good wargame and these men have the past credentials as proof they can do it. So lets see what they come up with before we judge it. Just my two cents worth anyway.

~Skott Karlsson~

This is the last newsgroup I know of that discussed Road to Moscow, and included the main developer(r2m). Unfortunately, there hasn't been much going on there for quite awhile.

Regarding hexes, I don't see a problem with hexes myself when it comes to operational/strategic games.

------------------

Best regards,

Greg Leon Guerrero

I have always wanted a 'good' Air/Sea Warfare game centered on the Pacific Theater. Throw in the ground forces and that makes it all the better.

These could rock! (hopefully).

And, I don't have any problem with hexes as long as the gameplay is accurate & fun, and the interface is clean.

Stoner