OT - While waiting for BtB; IL2 - Sturmovik demo

Ok, I don't know how many of you also plays flight - sims, but a demo of the highly anticipated IL2 Sturmovik (Eastern front) has been released. And hey, it even got some beatiful panzers and T34's in there! smile.gif

One of the places you can download it from is from wargamer.com:

http://www.wargamer.com/

But, be warned, this game has beatiful graphics, and need a decent machine to run it!

I dl'd it the other night just to see how it looked. I don't like flight sims (that is, I can't land the damned things) and I can't say that IL-2 changed my mind in that respect BUT, it was very, very well done and worth the dl (~100mb) just to see the autopilot run through the missions (I think there are three missions on there, autopilot runs by hitting "A" and an external view of the plane is available by hitting "F-6" or "F-7"). Deleted it after watching the missions but still a pretty neat looking demo.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lane:

To Panzer76,

" Hey I read the forum".

Thank's for the info.about the demo.

I have European Air War on my hard drive.

and fly it some. but I am hooked on CBM.

;)

Lane<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got EAW about a year ago and I have yet to fly my 1st mission. Why? Because I bought it at the same time as CM and once I got hooked with this game, I can't focus on learning anything else. Bummer too because I hear EAW is still a great game to play.

Killa,

Your problem is that 16MB vid card. That's a first generation video card right there pal, not many of them are around, and pretty soon, none will be left. I have a TNT2, 32 MB (so Im only one generation above yours...) and the game run well most of the time. It slows whenever the rotor starts, a major explosion goes off, or if I come too close to the ground and it has to render a lot of objects.

Otherwise, runs beautifully with other planes in the skies and everything.

Thanks for the link bro. I've been waiting for this for some time, and I must say, the beasts are a bear to fly. Very good demo. Graphics, flight, and damage models are excelent. Just watched an entire crew bail out of a Russian transport in what seemed like slow motion. Gave me goose bumps.