CMHQ Update-November 18

That was a scary review mr.T, I don't think that guy new what he was talking about. Come on, you can't run CM without the Mod's! The mods are what make up half of CM (in my oppinion). Anyway, I didn't care for the review, any CM veteran realises how "super-mega-ultra" CM is. I don't need some German break dancing hippie telling me how it is.

Best Regards,

Robert Luchian Pavelea

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: Amidst_Void ]</p>

I agree that the review seemed a bit "odd." A lot of reviewers are not accustomed to reviewing war games. So, despite inaccuracies, reviews typically create more exposure for an otherwise niche-market. Having said that, I suspect the reviewer would be much more impressed with CM if he continued to play it for a couple weeks. smile.gif

This is what another German magazine wrote about CM

"PCA" review of Combat Mission:

Either on the Allied or the Axis side you take part in this turn-based strategy game and fight historic battles like the battle for the bridge at Arnheim. Neither the rotateable 3d graphics nor the boring playing principle can convince.

As long as you don't belong to those human, who rebuild historic battles at home with tin soldiers, you can keep your hands away from this humorless Combat Mission.

Graphics: 55%

Sound: 60%

Multiplayer: 47%

Single player: 45%

I guess the whole review was done within minutes.

Anyhow, they're not my favorite magazine anymore...

Marcus

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: mike8g ]</p>

Interesting.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Combat Mission does not offer a storyline, but rather a collection of missions and operations which draw their inspiration from historical events based on the period between “D-Day,“ the invasion of Normandy, and the end of the war.<hr></blockquote>

No storyline? Pick up a history book and read the storyline.

Perhaps he meant there was no CAMPAIGN game (hint, hint) in which case I understand his point.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>But I soon noticed that what the graphics lacked was made up for by the AI. The computer plans its actions with almost exemplary precision<hr></blockquote>

Bartender, I'll have two of whatever that guy is drinking.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mike8g:

you can keep your hands away from this humorless Combat Mission.<hr></blockquote>

Humorless? Humorless????!!!!

I think men fighting, killing and dying is hilarious! This guy just doesn't have a sense of humor!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

I knew Combat Mission could not be as good as I thought it was. Thank you for telling me how much it sucks. What a relief. :confused: <hr></blockquote>

Yes indeed, it creates copious amounts of vacuum. It's sucked up more of my free time than any other game I've played in a long time.

tongue.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Puff the Magic Dragon:

Hehe - and he has only played vs the AI<hr></blockquote>

LOL!!

I get the feeling that this particular individual prefers to play RPG's. Not that that's bad, but it would explain his particular slant.

Nathanael

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mike8g:

This is what another German magazine wrote about CM

"PCA" review of Combat Mission:

Either on the Allied or the Axis side you take part in this turn-based strategy game and fight historic battles like the battle for the bridge at Arnheim. Neither the rotateable 3d graphics nor the boring playing principle can convince.

As long as you don't belong to those human, who rebuild historic battles at home with tin soldiers, you can keep your hands away from this humorless Combat Mission.

Graphics: 55%

Sound: 60%

Multiplayer: 47%

Single player: 45%

I guess the whole review was done within minutes.

Anyhow, they're not my favorite magazine anymore...

Marcus

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: mike8g ]<hr></blockquote>

All your bases are belong to us. :D

Bit of a literal translation problem methinks? ;)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Awesome response PTMD! And yes, it would be interesting to see him go up against Fionn. I don't mean in a game of CM, I mean in the three days of pregame negotiations!<hr></blockquote>

Mike,

I fell out of my chair on that one! :D

Then I cried... :(

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sitzkrieg:

Bit of a literal translation problem methinks? ;) <hr></blockquote>

Hehe, good one. ;)

Wish it were that easy.

In fact, the article sounds even worse in German language.

BTW, the author stated that he was really busy that month with testing dozens of new games. I guess he expected CM to be a WW2-shooter :(

Marcus