CM on the DC Metro Yesterday?

Haven't played it on the DC metro yet, but yes on the US Airways shuttle to NY and other points north, as well as a "drained both my batteries" on an East coast-West coast flight.

------------------

To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee...

Did he look like the guy in the bottom center of this page? If he did, and she sees him again, she should peek over his shoulder

and send me an email about his forces.

Good grief Chrisl, you'd ask an innocent civilian to get that close to Lawyer? Have you no shame sir?

Joe

------------------

I HAVE LOST A BLOOD HAMSTER TO PETERNZ. MY SIG FILE IS

HIS. PLEASE TICKLE MY FANCY BY GOING TO DER KESSEL .IF

YOU GO HE MIGHT STOP BEATING ME AND USING MY POOR

INNOCENT BODY FOR HIS OWN DEVIOUS PLEASURES

Originally posted by paullus:

My wife was taking the metro back from work yesterday and noticed someone (a guy - no description) playing CM on their laptop.

Anyone here might fit that description? Just goes to show you how small a world we live in.

If he was cursing and crying out "Gamey wanker!", it was probably Lawyer completing one of his turns in our game wink.gif

------------------

Andreas himself will attest that my massive ego and foolhardy belief in my own greatness would never allow for me to be anyone's worshipper - Hamsters

The Lawyer? On a filthy plebian Metro car?? Enduring the stains, pains, and odors of the local populace??? Surely you gits jest!

May God, in His everlasting mercy, NEVER let me join the "throngs with thongs" who populate the netherworld of the DC Metro. On the other hand (sit down Joe Blow), one can experience the close, occasionally gratifying "feel" of the crowded communal commuting citizens for only $2 or so each way. A real deal, and reason enough for the Prudes in Salt Lake Cesspool to get their very own thrill machines.

No, I need a version of CM that I can play in my limousine (self-chauffered, unfortunately) as I sit in traffic for two hours each day. Life as the Lawyer defending the weak and poor in Washington is very hard indeed. Thank you for commiserating.

On the other hand (sit down Joe Blow), one can experience the close, occasionally gratifying "feel" of the crowded communal commuting citizens for only $2 or so each way. A real deal, and reason enough for the Prudes in Salt Lake Cesspool to get their very own thrill machines.
"All that is gold does not glisten ..." nor are ALL residents of Salt Lake prudes. As to the thrill machines, ours do not, granted descend beneath the surface of the earth nor do our stops have picturesque names such as "Foggy Bottom" (sit Down ... oh Bauhaus is on vacation, so ... uh ... sit down Mace) but the famed Utah Transit Authority has recently begun service on our own rapid transit light rail service. This service provides that same "communal" sense as you mentioned.

Joe

------------------

I HAVE LOST A BLOOD HAMSTER TO PETERNZ. MY SIG FILE IS

HIS. PLEASE TICKLE MY FANCY BY GOING TO DER KESSEL .IF

YOU GO HE MIGHT STOP BEATING ME AND USING MY POOR

INNOCENT BODY FOR HIS OWN DEVIOUS PLEASURES

Ah Lawyer we all know you sleep on a grate at night and sneak into the library internet room to play CM. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

but the famed Utah Transit Authority has recently begun service on our own rapid transit light rail service. This service provides that same "communal" sense as you mentioned.

Joe

I suspect, Joe Joe, that if you take your Mormon-O-Meter with you on said Utah rail transit, you will find very few of Mr. Young's true followers on board.

"Mormon Class" being distinctly higher than "First Class" (just ask the Marriott's), one should expect to find the chosen comfortably ensconced in their automotive chariots of fire. Individually powered, separated from the unwashed, the "Prudes" may safely avoid the "Rudes" who ride mass transit.

Unfortunately, moving one's buttocks or loins from side to side in the bucket seats of an Eddie Bauer model cannot replicate the thrill of human (or humanoid) bodily response from a complete stranger standing next to you. (Although when done correctly and with gusto, it can make your idividual journey just a bit more "satisfying".)

See the USA as you spray away...

Verily, Joe, I bid you come to the Nation's Capital. Having viewed that collection of innocent pixels condemned to carry your personal visiage on the internet till enternity, I can assure you of at least one Special Life Moment where you become One of the Beautiful People.

Just stand on the Washington Mall and gaze upon the endomorphic bodies possessed by the multitudes of your fellow citizens who come in the Spring and Summer to display their persons rather completely to the public, as is their Constitutional right. Let the people assemble in all their glory, but avert your eyes if you have not the intestinal fortitude to view uncensored the Progeny of Democracy. Straining spandex and flowing tank tops shall reveal the true shapes and hairiness of this esteemed Republic and all it stands for.

No doubt that it would bring tears to the eyes of the Founding Fathers to see what they hath wrought. Truly, the sight of it will make the Peng thread look beautiful to you in comparison.

Now, get back to where you once belonged.

[This message has been edited by Lawyer (edited 03-28-2001).]

Originally Posted by Kingfish...

Was he surrounded by secret service agents?

Honestly Kingfish. Do you really think our president would have the intellectual capacity required to play this game. Let alone turn on the computer?

B

[This message has been edited by SybotCB (edited 03-28-2001).]

Originally posted by SybotCB:

Honestly Kingfish. Do you really think our president would have the intellectual capacity required to play this game. Let alone turn on the computer?

B

[This message has been edited by SybotCB (edited 03-28-2001).]

Actually, it's been reported that Bush is quite the PC game fanatic (plays them everyday at lunch). Hehe...I could easily picture Bush giggling madly as he sent off his latest PBEM. Al Bore, on the other, hand would endlessly debate and exaggerate minor inconsistencies in the game:

"The armor on the Panther was only vulnerable to Tungsten rounds on the uppermost 1% of the glacis"

"That movie can't be right. I demand that it be reprocessed!"

LOL!

wink.gif

------------------

Andreas himself will attest that my massive ego and foolhardy belief in my own greatness would never allow for me to be anyone's worshipper - Hamsters

I don't think US Presidents work with computers -- may be that wannabe Al Gore? biggrin.gif

I played CM occationally on my ferry trip home, even the whole trip takes no longer than 45mins.

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Get the CMSOD at Combat Missing Command Post (CMCP) at http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/

I can categorically state it wasn't me on the DC Metro!

However, if you happen to be upon the Bacchus-Marsh/Melbourne V-Line service, you may be fortunate to catch me (sleeping).

By the way, Mr Shaw, I am sitting down, however your concern about my well being is much appreciated!

Mace