CM2 Vehicle list?

I think I vaguely recall BTS saying that they would release a vehicle list of CM2 sometime on this board. Did they actually mention this? If my memory is correct, I would figure BTS would know what would definitely would be in the game or not. I understand some units are still iffy like the IS-3 or SturmTiger but at least a partial list of definite units would be nice. If somehow I miss it, I would appreciate it someone could give some clues where to look. Thanks.

I have not seen any list on the board. But I vaugely remeber a figure of above 100 vehicles (with all the variants) mentioned in one of the on-line reviews. But then I am getting more and more senile as I am getting closer to 30, so I could be wrong.

I saw a pic of Kv-2 in one of the reviews, and that is enough for me. I am just hoping that they are modelling the rear-facing turret mg too. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mace:

Yep, both the IS3 and the Sturmtiger are in.

Mace (PS Hi Stixx)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure about that? I know that Steve mentioned including the IS-3 since they already had two textures on hand and only needed the data, but that it would be included only if they had time. Has he made definite statements that it will undoubtedly be in??

As soon as BTS posts a list here a dozen people descend on Steve/Charles like vultures and start complaining about it. ("the Schwere Sturmspüle Ausf. B is in, where is the Ausf. A?") normally some other idiots start demanding to include X, Y and Z soon afterwards.

Wasn't a "probably in" list on combatmission.com?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lindan:

As soon as BTS posts a list here a dozen people descend on Steve/Charles like vultures and start complaining about it. ("the Schwere Sturmspüle Ausf. B is in, where is the Ausf. A?") normally some other idiots start demanding to include X, Y and Z soon afterwards.

Wasn't a "probably in" list on combatmission.com?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right about the "vultures" but I'm pretty sure Steve and Charles and handle themselves. They seem to be pretty good at listening to valid concerns and putting the whining MeMes in their place. But then again, why bother debating when there are ton other things to do? What I'm interested in particularly is what Soviet units will be in the game. I don't want it to complain or anything like that. It just would be good to know and helpful to me personally on a small project of mine.

BTS has been pretty silent about CM2 recently, which means to me they are working on it rather than talking about it. I think that's a good thing. I'm sure they watch this board and they do ask us when they want specific help. Besides, coding up the dobermines requires concentration and a distraction free environment if they want them to work properly.

I heard that there will be something on the order of 200 vehicles in CM2 - which 200 they are I haven't the foggiest idea though. The full catalog of Soviet vehicles in ASL comes to about 50 something so I am sure that a lot of those 200 vehicles will include minor variants and oddball Rumanian and Finnish thingies.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ASL Veteran:

...a lot of those 200 vehicles will include minor variants and oddball Rumanian and Finnish thingies.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget Lend-Lease. Maybe they'll squeeze in the M17 (quad .50 halftrack). It was the most common air defense vehicle in tank units. 1000 were supplied to the Soviets.

According to the CM2 FAQ, one of Charles game magazine interviews mentions close to 300 models (including variants and probably captured vehicles in each OOB), including the previously mentioned Romanian, Hungarian and possibly Italian AFVs (I assume they had some armor formations on the Eastern Front).

Yeah, I have no clue either exactly what's been included other than what has been seen in the screenshots by KwazyDog (who may know better than anyone since he's creating the 3D models and textures).

[ 07-22-2001: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scipio:

And the Maus??? What about the Maus? ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Several months ago I conducted an unscientific poll on this forum to see which rare and not-so-rare vehicles players would like to see in CM. The M15/M16 lead the pack, with Maus coming in second, and Brummbar and SturmTiger in a tie for third place. I'm still shaking my head, trying to figure out why so many people are in love with the Maus. I think that if BTS were to include it and correctly model it, those that have so loudly called for its inclusion would be very, very disappointed.