Beastables Winter Dazzle Pattern, Panther MkVg

Beastables Asked me to post the following image. From Jentz’s: Panzertruppen Vol 2 (pg 203). I think he was interested in the winter camouflage pattern on the two Panther G’s. It’s kind of an interesting scheme and reminds me of the Old British naval camo pattern called “Dazzle”. Anyway here yah go Beastables. I will let you take it from here.

PantherG.jpg

And now for Kittys next trick smile.gif

Thanks Jeff old John was correct you are a man with a scanner and a clue.

------------------

Kittys words :)

For whatever reason, my guess is because the post was damn funny, the hamster jokes grew and grew. Slapdragon added some classic WWII photo retouches with hamsters (see "Combat Photos" on this site), and eventually it took on a life of it's own which, I guess pretty much peaked with my mods and this site. So you see, I'm not the originator of this thing, I just happened to stumble upon the CM boards at about the same time as OGSF's post appeared and I found it, and the subsequent posts it spawned, to be a refreshing change from the endless barrage of condescending and ultra-serious posts from insulting and short-tempered wanna-be academics about obscure information,

Guest Big Time Software

Damn Jeff, you have at least one of everything on your shelf, don't you? smile.gif This has got to be one of the most interesting winter paint jobs I have ever seen. I assume the two pics are from the same unit?

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Forever Babra:

Am I the only one who sees a problem with the dates credited for those pics?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No biggrin.gif...

Regards, John Waters

------------------

"We've got the finest tanks in the world. We just love to see the

German Royal Tiger come up on the field".

Lt.Gen. George S. Patton, Jr. February 1945.

Kind of a nice web site for WWII Armor Camo Schemes: http://www.mo-money.com/AFV-news/camouflage.html

FREcl14_Gloire_prt44.jpg

Dazzle Camo scheme.

FB:

My Jihad bretheren have informed me that the Germans would not have been launching many winter counter attacks from the West Wall in January of 44. Perhaps Jentz meant 45.

[This message has been edited by Jeff Duquette (edited 01-05-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Forever Babra:

Am I the only one who sees a problem with the dates credited for those pics?

M60soldierfiringsmclr.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I dont think the Germans were in battle on the western front in January of 1944.

------------------

Jeff Newell

TankDawg

I have a colour side plate of the same vehicle. It's in a Polish book " Militaria nos 60 Panther". It places this vehicle in the Alsace region in January 1945.....mb there was a typo mistake at the printers for the above Panther pixs.

Regards

Måkjager

------------------

Once an Ubërcabbage

Always an Ubërcabbage

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TankDawg:

Yes, I dont think the Germans were in battle on the western front in January of 1944.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do they look like there in battle? They don't to me.Its call trying to hide from allied air craft by useing camo.

[This message has been edited by Rob/1 (edited 01-05-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Duquette:

Business for what? Why would I colorize it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Bastables wanted me to make a CM mod of this tank. Now given how stupid I am, how am I supposed to know what colors are on this tank? I'd guess maybe the darker areas are purple, the medium areas a hot pink, and

the light shades are yellow? =|

Kitty

------------------

ICQ 8273286

http://www.fluffkitty.com

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Duquette:

Business for what? Why would I colorize it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, because Bastables wanted you to post this so I could make a mod of it for the game. Considering my low intelligence level, how can I do that if I can't see the picture in color? My guess is that the darker areas are purple, the medium ones a hot pink, and the light ones flourescent yellow. =|

Kitty

------------------

ICQ 8273286

http://www.fluffkitty.com

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Well, because Bastables wanted you to post this so I could make a mod of it for the game. Considering my low intelligence level, how can I do that if I can't see the picture in color? My guess is that the darker areas are purple, the medium ones a hot pink, and the light ones flourescent yellow.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmm…I see...I guess??? I wouldn't have a clue on all that nonsense. I simply posted the picture because Bestables asked me too. A favor so to speak.

Whom would you be and why does this picture seem to give you grief? I can take it down if it is somehow offensive to you.

I have never had time to finish the mod, but I have been working on a "groove" mod that uses an Austin Power's / Magic Bus / Grateful Dead color pallet for tank camo. Just for fun. The one time I tried it it was a little odd, since I faced 4 pink and orange crazy quilt tigers and a Lynx with a badly drawn yellow flower on the turret. The peace symbols on my M4s were also a bit out of place..