MOD: Tiger - abt 102 camo

Hi Bfamily,

I did receive the gift ;) Thx

I will put it on my server this evening (europe).

It is a very good mod, and I will put these beautiful cats in my current "Hill 112" Pbem game :D

Perhaps the colors are a bit too saturated, the brown is very "full", more than the original drawing... Can you try a "subdued" version ? smile.gif

Is it me or is there a difference between those road wheels (don't yell I don't know proper name) from the 1st to second picture.

While I am no grog which is the correct picture for the wheels?

H

Ohh before I forget, nice mod...

[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: Holien ]

I'm not groggy either, but I believe the first picture shows the late steel road wheels and the second picture shows the earlier style with rubber "tires."

Oh, and that is a beautiful mod, basically the one I have been waiting for, but the colors do need to be muted a bit. Thanks for all your Tiger work. We sure need a CMMOS ruleset for all the Tiger mods.

[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: Pvt. Ryan ]

CP,

The JohnS (Tiger...) Tiger mod is quite different, darker and more "grey". Perhaps it's based upon same model, but each artist treated it differently...

Pvt Ryan,

I'll try to do a CMMOS Ruleset for Tiger (the tank !) mods in the next days/weeks, I'm somewhat busy & lazy, so... ;)

[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: Pascal DI FOLCO ]

Hey all. This Tiger is still in the test stage. Pascal is absolutely right about the color needing to be mutted. I'll be working on that. And seeing as you mentioned it Pascal, you've just volunteered to be my quality control until the color meets with your approval. You listening Pascal!

For those who like the Tiger as it stands now, I suggest you get it before the next release.

Stay tuned.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

Eh eh,

First version (the one on the pic above ! ;) ) is available for ALL at :

BFamily_Tiger_Normandy_BETA

Get it NOW ! :D:D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Bf33..Thanks Pascal...

Will you be making the Second Version (without the zimmerit) also available at your site ?

I know that Pascal will be coming with a muted version... however, I like the colors as they are right now.

Thanks again

;)

Hey thanks for the tank. I like it alot and already downloaded it before it's messed with anymore. Now I may prefer the improved one but I don't want to take a chance that it'll be better then this one cause I don't see how but hey I'm willing to look at it. Extremely good looking mod. Love the color it rocks! Thanks bFamily33.

Here's the new, subdued version !!

Tiger_Normandy_Beta_V1_1.jpg

Get it at :

Tiger-Normandy-Beta V1.1

BFamily sent it ot me yesterday, but I couldn't post it until now, so sorry guys for the delay ;)

IMO it's better but I'd still prefer a more "blended" look.

When compared to Master Fernando's mods ;) , we observe that it doesn't fit too well :

- Fernando's brown is more reddish

- Fernando's yellow is more "goldish" :eek:

- Fernando's green is deeper

Going for a third try Bfamily ?

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: Pascal DI FOLCO ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> IMO it's better but I'd still prefer a more "blended" look.

When compared to Master Fernando's mods ;) , we observe that it doesn't fit too well. Going for a third try Bfamily ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do plan to do more on this Tiger. It is still in production. Per the CMMOS Tiger thread, I have to put in on hold for two weeks. Sorry. You'll have to live with the test version for now.

Don't expect great things, I have no where near the talent Fernando has. I'll give you all a good solid mod to enjoy but I hope oone day Fernando will do a Tiger that makes mine obsolete.

UPDATE on my first Tiger

A guy by the name of Jorge MC added zimmerit to my khaki/olive Tiger. With Mike8g's rusty tracks, that Tiger looks real nice. I'll send this off to Pascal, Gustav 109 and Dorosh as an update.

Fantasic improvement Jorge! Keep up the good work.

Here's what it looks like now:

Tiger_Khaki_Olive_Zimmerit.jpg

I am a convert !!! Love the new ver. 1.1 subdued colors. Thanks Bf.. Thanks Pascual

IMHO, there is a great range of colors and all of them are valid. The different hues of brown (dark yellow), red and green varies depending on the weathering and the paint mixture. IIRC, these camo colors were issued as a paste and some were field applied using gasoline as the solvent. The darkness and hue vary much depending on how much solvent was used.

Thanks again... can I request a version without the zimmert ???

Cheers !!!

Stingray :cool:

Ok, this is the v1.2:

v1_3.jpg

Question is, which one's the keeper?

v1.0, v1.1, v1.2?

Fyi, when finally released it will have:

1)early wheels as an option (v1.1 and v1.2 only)

2)with and without dispensers on the turret

3)with and without zimmerit

The one thing I have had no luck with is getting a "blended" or "airbrushed" look. That's going to have to be a job for someone other than me.

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: bfamily33 ]