CMMOS: does ANYBODY use the rubber-bloc option?

Please respond if you do; if nobody replies I am going to drop this from the UK Sherman pack I'm finishing up.

Why?

Because when providing textures for Sherman I, Sherman III and Sherman V it requires another 17 HR hull top and 14 HR hull rear textures... an extra 7.9MB

If nobody uses it, I can save myself a lot of time and options...

Comments welcome.

Hi Marco,

Like Massimo, with CMMOS I now try all options :rubber blocs, winter tires, air fans, climatised air :eek: ...

Perhaps you an release the pack in 2 chunks : without rubber-bloc and rubber bloc compliment, this way you can release the first while working on the second :D !

Myself I don't care if it is 30Mb or even 100, I'll grab it (but I have broadband smile.gif )

Ah, and this is a good occasion to thank you again for the wonderful mods you've done !

Too bad they're Western Allies only, we won't see them in CMBB tongue.gif

Marco,

Speaking about options. How about programming CMMOS so that we can see waht current option is selected, either via a tick mark next to that option line or something else?

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

-------------

Where there is no wine, love perishes, and everything else that is pleasant to man.

-- Euripides, Greek playwright (484-407 B.C.)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WineCape:

Marco,

Speaking about options. How about programming CMMOS so that we can see waht current option is selected, either via a tick mark next to that option line or something else?

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? You can't tell which icon you have depressed and which option is selected?

Besides, Gordon did the programming for CMMOS not Marco.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

Perhaps you an release the pack in 2 chunks : without rubber-bloc and rubber bloc compliment, this way you can release the first while working on the second :D !

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You misunderstood. He's got them done, it's just that it would just add to the download for little or no gain if nobody uses them.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cubbies Phan:

You misunderstood. He's got them done, it's just that it would just add to the download for little or no gain if nobody uses them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems the contrary...Marco says it will save him "lots of time and options" not having to do them, surely he didn't refer to upload time only... so I supposed they *aren't* done tongue.gif

But he also says "I am going to drop them if...", so I admit it's not that clear :eek:

Marco, enlighten us plz smile.gif

Textures mostly completed; download time is indeed my issue. 56K modem from New Zealand to CMHQ is SLOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

We're talking at least an extra hour here.

However it seems there are greedy people who want it, so I shall consider how best to include it all.

WineCape, Gordon & I have discussed this in passing. I shall ask again.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cubbies Phan:

Huh? You can't tell which icon you have depressed and which option is selected?

Besides, Gordon did the programming for CMMOS not Marco.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I mean is that with all the options under, say Fernando's Tri-colour tab, that you can have a checkmark placed next to that option line. The panzer4 Tab has something like 16 options.

Now lets see, uhh...uhmm.. did I select 3 weeks ago the option with sideskirts with turret numbers with Balkenkrauz or was it without sideskirts without turret numbers but with the damn balkenkrauz?

Catch my thrift? Kindly then re-directed to Gordon, the programmer.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

-------------------

A man cannot make him laugh - but that's no marvel; he drinks no wine.

-- Shakespeare, "Henry IV" Part 2

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marco Bergman:

Textures mostly completed; download time is indeed my issue. 56K modem from New Zealand to CMHQ is SLOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

We're talking at least an extra hour here.

However it seems there are greedy people who want it, so I shall consider how best to include it all.

WineCape, Gordon & I have discussed this in passing. I shall ask again.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, now I've broadband sending 6 or 10 Mb seems nothing, I don't recall what sh*t it was before :rolleyes: !

But well if you DID the textures it'll be really sad if you didn't post them, huh ? ;)

So thanks again Marco for your really GREAT job, perhaps we should pay you a DSL modem ! :D:D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WineCape:

What I mean is that with all the options under, say Fernando's Tri-colour tab, that you can have a checkmark placed next to that option line. The panzer4 Tab has something like 16 options.

Now lets see, uhh...uhmm.. did I select 3 weeks ago the option with sideskirts with turret numbers with Balkenkrauz or was it without sideskirts without turret numbers but with the damn balkenkrauz?

Catch my thrift? Kindly then re-directed to Gordon, the programmer.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

Well I've had this discussion with several people who've asked for a similar feature, but the problem is that it doesn't fit the CMMOS paradigm. Here's why.

The Options (the listbox) within a Rule (the Icon) can modify 0, 1 or many BMPs, and different Options of the same Rule may modify the same or different sets of BMPs. Also, the different Rules within a RuleSet (the tabbed sheet) can modify completely disjoint sets of BMPs. So what does a "checkmark" next to a particular Option mean? Sometime in the past this option was selected. When does the checkbox go away? I think it's easier to just start the game, see what everything looks like and then go make your changes than it would be to look at the Options list for X different Icons to see what's checked and what's not.

Anyway, if anybody ever comes up with a configuration for this that makes sense (no slight intended), I'm all ears.

Gordon

-------------------

A man cannot make him laugh - but that's no marvel; he drinks no wine.

-- Shakespeare, "Henry IV" Part 2<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Folks, have any of the rest of you ever looked at a Winecape post, and wondered if he was actually a she? Not due to any feminist slants, or the like, but a South African named Charl Theron,...hmm....maybe Charlize Theron?

Things that make you go "Hmmmm".

No aspersions on your manhood intended, Cape. Just couldn't resist.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vergeltungswaffe:

Folks, have any of the rest of you ever looked at a Winecape post, and wondered if he was actually a she? Not due to any feminist slants, or the like, but a South African named Charl Theron,...hmm....maybe Charlize Theron?

Things that make you go "Hmmmm".

No aspersions on your manhood intended, Cape. Just couldn't resist.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, I've already asked him something to that effect sometime ago. He was decidedly coy about answering... :eek:

;)