A New(bie) Age Begins!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 2 more sleeps until the action starts!

Thanks again for putting this on SuperTed smile.gif

BTW, what sort of fights are these going to be? Attack/Defend or ME? You are also hinting at some very interesting force makeup... flamethrower wars perhaps?

I hope I didnt just waste all my luck... just played Armoured Ambush (nice map) as brits - took out out 5 tigers, 2 nashorns and 3 guns for the loss of 1 Firefly, 2 Stuarts, 2 half tracks and a carrier, maybe my best exchange rate ever on the attack smile.gif Fingers crossed I get that lucky when the fun begins for real!

Teach a child in the way they are to go, and they will not stray from it once they are grown...

It is a good thing you do here, SuperTed.

From even such humble and, frankly, awful beginnings such as this may come many a true Knight of the Cesspool.

The gods smile on your endeavours.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sir Uber General:

Only 2 more sleeps until the action starts!

Thanks again for putting this on SuperTed smile.gif

<hr></blockquote>

SUG,

If all goes well, it could be less, even for those of you living in my tomorrow. ;)

BTW, what sort of fights are these going to be? Attack/Defend or ME? You are also hinting at some very interesting force makeup... flamethrower wars perhaps?

<hr></blockquote>

They are all going to be variations on the standard ME. However, I may throw in a couple attack/defend for a change of pace.

I am using a combination of a historical context for the scenarios and "unique" units and situaions. By unique I mean things are NEVER seen in quick battles and rarely seen in designed scenarios. One of my goals with this tournament is to expose Newbies to many different units and many different situations.

I hope I didnt just waste all my luck... just played Armoured Ambush (nice map) as brits - took out out 5 tigers, 2 nashorns and 3 guns for the loss of 1 Firefly, 2 Stuarts, 2 half tracks and a carrier, maybe my best exchange rate ever on the attack smile.gif Fingers crossed I get that lucky when the fun begins for real!

<hr></blockquote>

You will need to cash in all your luck chips for 2002 to get that lucky. ;)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Seanachai:

...From even such humble and, frankly, awful beginnings such as this may come many a true Knight of the Cesspool...

<hr></blockquote>

Seanachai,

Oh my God! I should probably cancel the tournament before things get that bad. Thanks for the warning. ;)

Cpl C,

Thank you or the offer.

Things are going smoothly. I have 1.5 scenarios ready for the first round and expect to have the second one ready by the start time. That will allow players to get started on both, if they would like to do it that way.

Other than that, there is not much I can do until the questionnaire deadline. At that time, I'll sort through them and determine who will play with the GV Newbies and who will play with the SuperNewbies.

Actually, I did think of something. I would like to have a web page where I could post the brackets for the two tournaments. I may not have enough time to do this. So, if you (or somebody else) would be willing to set up a pair of 16-player brackets online, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again.

Eeek, I'm eagerly waiting for the battle to begin.

All will fear my suicidal attacks, the weak armor of my tanks, the HMG's caught in the open and the FO's who direct artillery on my own troops.

/me sadly remembers the German 120mm mortar FO who directed 120mm shells on his own foxhole...