I want to get a new game today ,but want some help on a good game.

Guest wwb_99

Some other suggestions:

Half-life gold edition (or whatever, the one with HL, Opposing Force & Counterstrike included): Half-life took a week of my life. Counterstrike still takes one night a week. 'nuff said.

Operational Art of War: Century of Warfare:

Wanna know why the Germans lost even with ubertanks after playing CM? It is real clear with this game. And you can play just about any land battle from the Boer War to the Gulf War, and anything hypothetical in between.

Panzer Elite: By far the best tank sim avaliable, if you can find it. You wanna know how it felt to ride in one of them steel coffins?

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm, choices, choices.

Tribes is a good choice if you like team based FPS's. Older game and you should be able to find it pretty cheep. Or If you like something more Modern Rogue Spear is a good beat.

I'd also have to second Balders Gate 2 if you like role playing games. Great story line,and a real life stealer.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX

Guest Jock Abroad

okey dokey...let's try that again biggrin.gif

if you're a football (soccer) fan Championship Manager 00/01 is a must!

it's also refered to as CM...go figure biggrin.gif

Europa Universalis is supposed to be a great game even though they don't have a English version out yet. It's supposed to be coming out shortly in the next couple of months though. They've got a German version along with a Swedish version.

But the game is a grand strategy game that covers the exploration years between 1492-1792. Check out the link above to see more about it.

------------------

"Live by the sword, live a good LOOONG life!"-Minsc, BGII

"Boo points, I punch."--Minsc, BGII

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Here is my picks in no particular order...

-Rogue Spear:UrbanOps:CovertOps Essentials (comes in a bundle now I do believe, and is great for a change of pace)

-Civillization 2 Multiplay Gold Edition

(Who wouldn't want to name a civillization after them and conquer the world?)

-Steel Beasts

(Very realistic and ummmm.... very realistic)

And I would normally recommend Shogun Total War but you may want to wait a month on this one because an expansion pack will be released that has a version with the main game bundled with it, so buying the pack will save you money! smile.gif

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."

Before I bought CM, the best game I'd ever played was System Shock 2.

It's brilliant.

It should be dirt cheap by now, so if you don't have a copy, buy one. I'm serious. Buy a copy of this game.

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

Yeah, System Shock 2 was great but didn't quite live up to its sire's name...the awe inspiring Thief series. Definately pick up these games if you get the chance...Thief 1 can be found for about 10-20 bucks now while Thief 2 may be a bit more expensive as it was released in April 2000.

Lots of good games mentioned as I like most of them, but besides CM the games that have stolen most of my time are:

Half-life including the Mods Team Fortress, Counter-strike and most recently Frontline Force (if you don't have this, you have to get it).

RollerCoaster Tycoon-- a absolutely silly but enthralling game of amusement park development/mangement and probably the best overall product the now defunct Microprose has put out in the last 3-4 years (barring the patch/patch/patched version of Falcon).

Tribes. But wait on this one as Tribes2 will be out shortly. BEST multiplayer FPS ever.

P.S. If you think 25 is old, you should read some of the other posts on average age smile.gif.

LeBlaque (40 yrs and still a kid)

Originally posted by LeBlaque:

7Frontline Force (if you don't have this, you have to get it).

P.S. If you think 25 is old, you should read some of the other posts on average age smile.gif.

Well didn't make it away from CM today to get a game, but a definate for tomarrow. What is Front Line about???

As for the other,

No I do not think 25 or 30 is old, but to be honest I feel like I am still 18.

[This message has been edited by Shatter (edited 01-04-2001).]

If your an armor fanatic like me you will enjoy Pazer Elite. Excellent tank sim with more and more mods in creation. (Finally getting patched!!) The Panzer General/Close Combat series isn't bad if your looking for basic easy going turn based (CC is live action) WWII games. Even with its many bugs Hidden&Dangerous can be very fun, especially over a lan with a buddy, IMO one of the best CO-OP FPS, let me stress CO-OP here. (Nothing like getting hold of an MP44 and letting rip).

If your an armor fanatic like me you will enjoy Pazer Elite. Excellent tank sim with more and more mods in creation. (Finally getting patched!!) The Panzer General/Close Combat series isn't bad if your looking for basic easy going turn based (CC is live action) WWII games. Even with its many bugs Hidden&Dangerous can be very fun, especially over a lan with a buddy, IMO one of the best CO-OP FPS, let me stress CO-OP here. (Nothing like getting hold of an MP44 and letting rip).

No one into racing games? Try Superbike 2001 (probably the greatest graphics of any game ever--even Giants and Sacrifice can't compete; awesome physics modelling and accuracy too), Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed, or Grand Prix 3.

------------------

War is cruel and you cannot refine it. --Sherman

New Game? How can you find the time?

Myself, married, 8 yr old son, 3 cats, 1 dog, a mortgage, and a career.

CM is the only thing I play (except for EAW and MiG Alley, rarely).

Seriously, I have been thinking about getting the latest flavor of TOAW, I played TOAW 1 a lot, esp. the Korean War scenario.

In reality, CM is always new to me, and I relish every new PBEM.

For change of pace games, gotta echo what the lord of wolves said in trumpeting Thief 2. I'm usually not much for FPS-style games, but Thief 1&2 are special. Great atmosphere, sound, gameplay. Simply awesome, but no multiplayer (you don't need it).

I don't think B-17 stinks, I have read few reviews that says it is light sim, but good. It has bugs, but I guess there will be patches, it was obvius they tried to push it to Christmas market. You should buy it if you like it (try demo first(if there is any yet)).

There isn't so many these kind of bomber games at market. It hasn't got online play, but there is allready online flying games like Aces High and Warbirds, where you can fly bomber.

No one lives forever

FPS. Think Austin Powers but with that nasty violence that simmers in the James bond movies.

Battle Isles: Andosian War

Turn based fun. And I've always been partial to Bluebytes work unlike looking glass who also made quality games they have not fallen into chapter 11, and I hope they never do.

Steel Beasts

best Sim this year period.

Medievil 2

Turnbased

Fantastic, I can be Bashid Bazooki and cut Count Vlad (Draculas) head off, fight Ageincourt again just superb.

Zuluwar

Turnbased

Arghhh Burn the Karaals, ambush tired Imperial troops, build forts and watch you men die from horrid aliments, fantastic.

[This message has been edited by Bastables (edited 01-05-2001).]

Yes, I got the mods and have installed some of them. i am going to have to dedicate a day to just sorting them out. When i get the full game I will download the Mod organizer and the patch for the game. Then I can get organized.

Best games I have played.

1. Baldurs Gate 2 Hands down winner this year.

2. Roller Coaster Tycoon is a good game that wont break you and its addictive.

3. Shogun is not bad either but I have not fallen in love with it so its on the shelve while I play BG2 and CM.

4. Sid Miers Gettysburg for any Civil War person its a fun game.

5. European Air War is a great game but still again I dont play it alot due to time but great graphics.

Baldurs Gate 2 Shadows of Amn is the best RPG I have ever played or heard about. Its hugh, immersive and a total time eater. Plus great reply value.

I too am holding off on B-17 to see what the patches can do and I am not sure my computer would fair that well with its Minimum specs.

Go Vols and God Bless.

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cpt Miller:

If your an armor fanatic like me you will enjoy Pazer Elite. Excellent tank sim with more and more mods in creation. (Finally getting patched!!) The Panzer General/Close Combat series isn't bad if your looking for basic easy going turn based (CC is live action) WWII games. Even with its many bugs Hidden&Dangerous can be very fun, especially over a lan with a buddy, IMO one of the best CO-OP FPS, let me stress CO-OP here. (Nothing like getting hold of an MP44 and letting rip). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to save some folks some money I will direct your attention to www.freeloader.com

you can pick up Hidden&Dangerous for FREE! As well as some other games. And yes its legal %100!

As for Sacrifice... its kinda fun for the first couple missions then its just a standard RTS with pretty graphics. And if Citizen Kabuto would actually run more than 5 minutes (on my system) without drastic slowdowns I would have kept it and not bought Baldur's Gate 2 which is EXCELLENT IMHO.

The Thief and System Shock series is a very good buy. And I still dig up Thief2 for some great sneaking fun, and just remember if you grab this one to listen to the famed "Benny Conversation" (A proud member of the Society For Prevention of Cruelty Against Benny) smile.gif

But I still advocate Rogue Spear:Urban Ops:Covert Ops Essentials, grab the WWII mod for this from http://www.wwiieto.com/ its great fun.

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."