Tales of woe - post yours here

Heya gang I figured I would start up a "I didnt get it" thread so we can all bitch on one place about lack of delivery. This might

A.) Help BTS if all the tales are located in one place for the purposes of any real problems.

B.) Let the message board become a bit more orderly for those lucky folks who have it.

Anyhow lemme kick off with my tale,

pre ordered last September (if I recall correctly) some guy in LA (near where I live) who ordered in May of this year got his today. 8)

dd'doh! lucky I have Shogun to ease the pain.

Hopefully it will get here tommorrow.

Cheers

_dumbo

I preordered at the end of November, and only found out my credit card was charged on the 15th as of today (the 20th). I expect to be one of the last since Australia isn't the end of the earth, but you can see it from here.

------------------

desert rat wannabe

Mine's actually on its way. Problem is I'm in Europe.

So I'm just gonna sit here, spittin' an' pickin' my nose.

That, and practice my self-discipline.

I'm getting quite good at this. biggrin.gif

im sitting in england,planning a scenario based on our recent foray into europe,now i need a street map of charloi? also are supporters with chairs heavy infantry or weapons squad??

not a happy bunny

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ironcross:

im sitting in england,planning a scenario based on our recent foray into europe,now i need a street map of charloi? also are supporters with chairs heavy infantry or weapons squad??

not a happy bunny<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be funny if it wasn't so sad. If the England squad has to leave and we go through b/c of these eejits...

Coming back to CM, how would you model water cannon?

------------------

Andreas

Croaker:

Its very buggy (make sure you get it from EB so you can return it if it doesnt work off your CD drive) but its VERY VERY good. Its genius is that it captures the period superbly I FEEL like a Daimyo smile.gif

The great thing about it is the campaign game (pure battle games like Myth tend to leave me cold) being able to decide when and where to strike is truly awesome and the whole atmosphere is excellent.

The game UI is a bit weird at times but the sheer spectacle of the game just takes your breath away.

A thumbs up from me.

_dumbo

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt. Manieri:

This whole "place in line" system is bullcrap. Some guy a few miles away from my house got his copy of CM and I pre-ordered 3 months before him. What do you think if this system?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe a box of SHUT THE HELL UP will arrive for you today instead?

Christ, your constant whining will never end

will it?

It's ALL about the poor captain.

"Awwwwwwe...He did't get his game today." Poor poor child. He has months of summer vacation to spend doing stuff and yet he spends it here whining about the fact that it's not fair.

Try stomping your feet and crying a bit.

Maybe the game will show up sooner.

Just don't do it here.

[This message has been edited by Phoenix (edited 06-19-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hnh3_cm:

Hehe. I have 73MB of downloads for CM already, and no CM.

Ain't life funny?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

73MB??? What might that be? Mod, patch, scenarios, operations?

My CM download directory is only 33MB!

Originally posted by Phoenix:

"It's ALL about the poor captain. Awwwwwwe. He did't get his game today. He has all his summer vacation to spend doing stuff and yet he spends it hear whining about the fact that it's not fair."

LISTEN TO ME A-HOLE. This is a complaining post if you don't like, don't read it. Instead of playing CM, why don't you go play a rousing game of hide and go F#!@* Yourself!

And by the way, just because I'm only 17 doesn't mean I don't have anything to do all summer. I have to work FULL time after school gets out. I have to work all night shift, managing a warehouse.

[This message has been edited by Capt. Manieri (edited 06-19-2000).]

73mb youve been raiding the scenarios like me

and updates downdates pics n anything cm related.

water cannons prob best modelled by armoured flamethrowers,there again why use water in the first place,come on belguim use petrol.

--------------------------------------------

30 years of hurt never stopped me dreaming...sounds like waiting for cm smile.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juju:

So I'm just gonna sit here, spittin' an' pickin' my nose.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhhh....I'll take a rain check on that beer, Thanks anyways wink.gif

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

Manieri, we're (1) sick and @#%$! tired of your relentless bitching and moaning.

"When's the game come out?"

"Why isn't mine here?"

"This process isn't fair."

Get over it. Grow the hell up.

And it's not just this (complaint) thread, it's every damned thread you've posted in lately.

And wow, 17 years old and having to work. Gee. You must be the first to ever have to do that.

Your youthful exuberance was funny for a couple of days last November when you appeared. It hasn't been funny for quite some time though.

(1) I'm just guessing that I'm not the only one tired of you idiotic and repetitive posts.

Wow, do we need to calm down some? I think so. Why is it when ever you go on a bb you always get someone who wants to start a flame war?

Okay, it is now time for my tale of woe! I have no CM. I was a fool and did not order mine until this weekend. This means I will get mine dead last! The funny thing is I have been following this game from the beginning and I just didn’t order mine. I need a good swift kick in the ASS!

By the way, I would just like to say this game is awesome. ASL has been my cup of tea for a long time but the opponent’s list dried up. No computer game I have seen can match CM. Maybe I should revise that instead of game I'll call it a gaming system. All I need is a cigar and a few of hours with CM and I will die a happy man. smile.gif

Phoenix you must be using that Royal We because his posts don't bother me smile.gif.

Since this is a Tale Of Woe thread he can bitch and moan all he wants about not getting the game.

Give the kid some slack, if you don't want to read his posts you don't have to.

Since Manieri uses the rest of the Forum for his bitching and moaning it would certainly be a novelty if he confined it to one thread. I see he's true to form with his scintillating wit here too.

As for Phoenix, this is the bitching and moaning thread so if he wants to bitch and moan about Manieri this is the place for it.

Quite frankly I feel like bitching and moaning about people who bitch and moan about people who bitch and moan about Manieri's bitching and moaning confused.gif

I can honestly say that I am as desperate for Manieri to get his copy of CM as he is.