CM IN CANADA!!!!!!!!`

Well, the only day of the past two weeks I ask my mom as I enter the house "Do I have any mail?" and the answer today was "YES". CM finally arrived here in southern Ontario, on Friday June 30, 2000. This means I get to spend all Canada Day playing this wonderful Game!

I am out in the boonies here, so, hopefully you big time city dwellers in Toronto, London, Halifax, Montreal, etc. get this game today.

How goes the Canadian CM site?

I am thinking of creating a series of operations dealing with the battles of Dieppe. Anyone with detailed information of unit composition, locations and regional maps of Dieppe in 1942? I could look it up on our local Library, but, it kind of sucks (I wish I was back in Guelph to use the extensive University Library!). I am going try and create historical scenarios for each of the Battalions and beaches at Dieppe. Some of the engagements weren't as blatantly lost causes as the landings on the main beaches (The South Saskatchewan Regiment, plus another Canadian Battalion actually had much success, as well as #3 and #4 Commando). There weren't many changes in unit types from 1942 to 1944 of those used in the Dieppe region (1944 Infantry squads looked much like those in 1942!), however, I will have to use the 1944 Churchill tank. Those in 42 only had a 2 or 6 Pounder gun.

Hey Major Tom,

Good luck finding material on Dieppe, smile.gif I think a scenario on the ill fated raid would be interesting to say the least. I wonder if the CM editor would have anything to allow you to simulate the loose shingle on the beach? Hmmm.

As a member of Canada's Military, I can safely say that I'm quite sure that if you asked some of the Involved Regiments for help in obtaining information that they'd be happy to help. EVERY regiment has an interest in promoting its self and its history. Who knows, if they get wind of CM, they might even help you themselves. All depends on who you can get a hold of. Most of the involved Regiments are Reserve Regiments now, and as such they have been stood down for the summer. You may have difficulty getting a hold of them until the training cycle starts up again in the fall. However, you may be able to reach their respective museums. This site MAY be of some help; http://www.homeusers.prestel.co.uk/simonides/henriks/canada/canada.html

Many of the involved Regiments can be reached by accessing DND's site; http://www.dnd.ca/eng/index.html

or http://www.iaw.on.ca/~awoolley/lwarmy.html

Anyhow, good luck smile.gif

------------------

"Hosti Acie Nominati"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stodge:

I've been away for the long weekend, so has anyone in the Ottawa area received CM yet?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are not the only Canadian to recieve it for I am still waiting in K/W area!

O were O were can it be?

Is it slower for I bought 2 of them?

Chin up lads... our Commonwealth allies down under are farther down the supply chain than we are... As you are aware, our little rural outpost is rather off the MSR, but that doesn't mean we're going to get sloppy... button that tunic private... now then, volunteers to push across no man's land at o-twelve-hundred today... god willing our supplies have finally made it... good man Corporal... our hopes go with you...

(wish me luck wink.gif

My fellow Canadians...

I FINALLY got it, I can't believe this!!!!

I went out to check the mail, and low and behold, I met up with the mailman. I guess I must have given him a look as he quickly decided not to take home my copy of CM for himself and subsequently handed it over with a great sense of urgency!! biggrin.gif

..ahem..okay, I've composed myself again.

If Winnipeg has got it then it can't be long for the rest of us. I suspect that most of us, and I would hope all of us who pre-ordered should have it sometime today considering Canada Post had the whole long weekend to get it to the major distribution centres.

Good Luck Lads!

------------------

"Hosti Acie Nominati"

Guest ferret

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stodge:

I've been away for the long weekend, so has anyone in the Ottawa area received CM yet?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Stodge,

The Canada Post truck arrived but with no parcel, hopefully tomorrow.

Marc, Ottawa

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tailz:

Chin up lads... our Commonwealth allies down under are farther down the supply chain than we are... As you are aware, our little rural outpost is rather off the MSR, but that doesn't mean we're going to get sloppy... button that tunic private... now then, volunteers to push across no man's land at o-twelve-hundred today... god willing our supplies have finally made it... good man Corporal... our hopes go with you...

(wish me luck wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

... sorry sar'nt major... <cough, cough>... I saw the Dakotas pass overhead, but the flew right over the DZ... I tried everything... mirrors, flares... bastards wouldn't even waggle their bloody wings!

... steady corp... you tried. Time to dig out our chess sets for entertainment.

What are the odds that all this moaning will have BTS at least investigate the possibility of retail merchandising again?

Guest aaronb

It's here! In Kilbride, about as rural as you can get in southern Ontario (north of Burlington).

To my future PBEM opponents: setup files will be forthcoming as soon as I've played with the editor and other full-game features. Can't wait to model the Dundas valley (my hometown area) from the 1:1000 topo maps on which we used to play Striker and other minatures games.

And, if it's here, it's almost at everyone else's doorstep.

Guest Zulu1

Woohoo!!! It's here in Calgary. TY BTS for the $5.00 value cause no GST, duty or any other BS. Stick it in yer ear Uncle Jean!!

Doh, Must play CM now. smile.gifsmile.gif

Feeling sick, must miss work tomorrow.

gaffertape...you should have it by now,

im in toronto and received the package last friday...maybe you should contact Steve at BTS..he did state that if your package does not arrive by July 5 (Canadian orders) then contact them...or I hope it arrives tomorrow

for you.

Deadline

Thanks for your words of comfort, Deadline.

I'll only post to Steve if It's not here tomorrow (the 5th).

Ooh... Look at that... I accidentally capitalized the "I" in "it" when I referred to CM. Seems somehow appropriate given the reverential position that it seems to have in my life.

GAFF

Sweet, copy just arrived this morning out here in the prairies.

A little late for the long weekend, but still, glad I finally got it!

Winnipeg, Manitoba cool.gif

------------------

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that...

-HAL 9000, 2001