Magua Buildings

Guest Pillar

Magua,

Just wondering what the news is on your buildings. I understand the pack you released initially was quickly drafted to satisfy demand, and you noted that a more detailed high-quality pack would be released shortly after.

Thanks for the great work.

Well, I for one am a great fan of those buildings of his.

Every time I put the others I can't help but get back to Magua's.

So, I'd like to have those in HiResed and whatever else he might be doing.

Not fun when talented people are "Gunslingered" (do a terrific job and drop out of touch)..

------------------

I shall unleash Death, Pestilence and Failed Blue Tests on ye!!

Any other day or so with Emma

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

Were the heck did Gunslinger crawl off to anyway? He just vanished....

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

While I think Panzertruppens buildings have more detailed textures, I find them generally too dark for my tastes. Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic mods and clearly a ton of talented work went into them, but Maguas mods help brighten my landscape up and for that reason I enjoy them.

Magua's work is as good as anything going and utterly superior to most. Panzertruppen's buildings are beautiful, no denying that, with lots of interesting detail, but Magua's work has a charm of its own just in its simplicty. Also, the coloring's what I'm looking for as it captures the ambience of our period accurately. Of course that's a personal thing, but if you'd visit Europe and poke around some I think you'd agree.

already got the mixture: two story heavy buildings are magua's on my comp, the smaller two story and single story buildings are panzer's.

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Don't forget Magua's incredible US Halftracks. I'm sure you all noticed the Louisville Slugger in the fuel storage rack. That guys must be a Sox's fan.

While I do prefer Panzertruppen's smaller buildings, I use a combination of taller urban mods (321-329.bmp)Magua's yellow building w/arcade, Panzertruppen's Brown w/coins, and my gray w/arcade.

Come back Magua. How about doing a Willy mod?

That's the beauty of having choices fellas...you can use both sets depending on your mood and setting. Switching them depending on the scenario can give you a real sense of locale. Just one more reason why this game kicks ass! Thank god for the mods!

Mord

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

He may have lost interest due to the Panzertruppen Buildings. But I don't know, just a hunch though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It has been my experience that the mod builders get along just fine. No need to stir ****e up that ain't there.

Just my 2 cents.

------------------

"I came to Casablanca for the waters."

Thanks for the interest guys!

I have not done much lately due to work and playing B17 II(!) but all this great new mod stuff this weekend has given me renewed enthusiasm. I did slow down work on the next version of the rural buildings after seeing the tremendous quality of PanzerT's mod but on the basis that too much choice is not a bad thing, and if there is interest I will continue work on the V2 rural buildings.

I think I saw a post from Gunslinger (about 4 weeks ago?) saying he had set up his own small computer business/shop and that was where most of his energy and time was going at the moment.

Thanks again for your comments and I agree Bfamily33, that poor jeep really does need a re-spray (its very high on my "urgh I can't stand looking at it any longer" hit list).

I did a little Jeep mod. Basically it just needed a consistant brightness and contrast across the files. I also added a weathered effect. It's low-res, but looks better than it did.

------------------

"We're not gonna just shoot the bastards`, we're gonna cut out their living guts, and use them to grease the treads of our tanks."

"We're going to murder those lousey hun bastards by the buschel."

"The Nazis are the enemy, wade into them,

spill their blood, shoot them in the belly."

"We are not holding our position, let the hun do that."

"We are advancing constantly, we are not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy."

"We're gonna hold onto him by the nose, and we're gonna kick him in the ass."

"We're gonna kick the hell out of him all the time, and we're going to go through him like crap through a goose."--George S. Patton

Magua - there's definitely interest in your buildings. While I appreciate and admire the detail and effort in Panzertruppen's buildings, I really prefer the overall feel of yours. A high res version would be greatly appreciateed.

------------------

Grand Poobah of the fresh fire of Heh.

Same here.

A little sycophancy won't hurt.

I am an all out fan of your contribution to the community.

biggrin.gif

Any other buildings and vehicules sporting the details and attention you've given to your HTs are to be as worshipped as Marco Bergman's own.

------------------

Here it is with MIME encoding, because you're french...

Chrisl on PBEM

Magua, I am another big fan who would like more buildings (and anything else) from you too. I loved your buildings. I switched to Panzertruppen's when they came out, but I think I will now try a mixture or go back to pure Magua. I love the hi-res and excellent detail of Panzertruppen's buildings, but they just are too dark overall for me.

But I love having a choice of such fine quality mods. Thank you very much. It makes CM a whole new game for me.

------------------

Only the Lawyer knows what Evil lurks in the minds of men....