New to board thinking about buying CM

should I wait for CM 2 that I keep hearing about or should I buy the current version.

IS this game as good as it sounds?

On a side note I've been checking computer stores for about 2 months trying to find this dang game. Little did I know it will never be there.

Ah well thats what search engines and slow days at work are for!

Buy it. Buy it now. But it three times. But you can only buy it online, at this website.

I guess the crack dealers at BTS like to keep control of their product. smile.gif

WWB

well it's like this.

I was sitting playing a game against a friend the other night, and it suddenly struck me (even after owning it for so long), how damn cool it is!

I can choose my own force, drop them on a totally random yet wonderfully made map, and every battle is different and unique.

I can watch my AT Gun as it rotate and locks on to the enemy tank... I can zoom in so the effects of paralax (?) are more pronounced and hear the gun fire, and see the shot arc through the air, and strike, followed by an explosion, smoke and the cries of crew.

Buy it smile.gif

PeterNZ

Dega, I don't know how old you are or what your gaming interests are, but if you even have a passing interest in wargames, run don't walk to your computer (okay you're probably already there) and BUY THIS GAME!!

I've been playing wargames for over 30 years, own many games including ASL, Third Reich, all the classics and I've never seen anything like this. Is it perfect? No, but its pretty darn close.

------------------

It wasn't MY company..It was the Armys' or so they told me.

Get the game,you'll love it!As for your significant other,kids,friends,pets and anyone else in your life,kiss them all good-bye,grab your steel pot and head into battle,it's gonna be a long war... biggrin.gif

------------------

Nicht Schiessen!!

[This message has been edited by Splinty (edited 10-24-2000).]

Look at it this way... if you WAIT for a year or more to purchase CM2, then as soon as it's out you will begin hearing about CM3, and think you should wait for it... as soon as CM3 hits the cyber shelf, you'll be bombarded with posts about CM: The Next Generation, and once again be waiting for another year. Eventually you'll die, and never have gotten to experience CM first hand...

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

This game is more than worth the price. I highly suggest it. Besides Combat Mission 2 will model a different theatre. Buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy bue by...

------------------

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."

Ive been playing wargames(and games in general)on one computer format or another for over 15 years(CBM 64 anyone?),and without a doubt CMBO is the best game i have ever played,full stop,end of story.Stop reading this page NOW and go order your copy.You know you want to.