Pearls from Cm review by Quake player

Let me quote a couple of them here:

1) Game is squed toward germans - most of their tanks have stronger shields or more lives then my american tank.

2) Why are there no powerups for my units?

3) Why can't I get the panthers gun after I killed it? Can't I scavange it?

4) Weapon choices are limited just guns really, no BGF or laser cannons.

5) I have not seen even a single labirynth like level. Even houses don't have any rooms!It is always open spaces.

6) I have not seen any interesting equipment (common in Quake) like jump-jets or grapling hooks.

LOL... is this for real? But I have to admit, sometimes I wish my Shermans could pick up a Quad-Damage and put a 75mm right through a Tiger wink.gif

------------------

“Thus, the M4A3E8(76)W designation meant a tank with an official Mortality of 4 minutes, Actually 3 minutes, cost Extra, and had a 76% chance of going WHOOSH." - Bullethead

It's too difficult to distinguish between the Forces Of The Light and the Minions Of The Dark. The Germans should have bright red uniforms and vehicles, and blue for the Allies. At least the skins can be fixed up – can someone do an 'undead' mod for the soldiers?

I also think the weapons and ammo are pretty lame. 40 bursts per squad – what the hell? The enemy should drop ammo when they die. And where are the chainguns?

Oh, and lastly, can someone tell me where the 'full gore' option is? I want to see guys blown apart in a shower of blood. It would be cool if BTS could take some inspiration from Unreal, so when the female characters die, we see naked body parts lying around. This would make Combat Mission a lot more popular among teenage boys.

What do you mean, there aren't female characters?

------------------

'...With mortar shells raining down everywhere, he said, "Come along, Padre".' When Egen showed reluctance, Tatham-Warter reassured him. 'Don't worry,' he said, 'I've got an umbrella.'

I do seem to remember from "A Blood-Dimmed Tide", a story about some fast moving American Armored force (perhaps the force breaking open Bastogne? Sorry, I forget).

Anyhoo, they opened fire on a convoy.. I believe it was an anti-air convoy... and then were horrified as they drove past and saw female corpses hanging out of the vehicles, long blond hair streaming down.

So theoretically, there could be female troops in CM. But apparently only late in the war, and only as Anti-Air crews.

I don't think I remember reading anything about the Screaming Eagles stumbling upon a hovering, spinning, glowing medical pack however... I'll double check...

Mr. Clark wrote:

> So theoretically, there could be female troops in CM.

There certainly could in CM2, on the Russians' side. And if BTS were to go right up to the end of the war, and model the siege of Berlin, and if they chose to include civillians, there would be plenty more women there. I expect to see a 'Rape and Pillage' command (which, of course, would also apply to German SS units earlier on).

David

------------------

'...With mortar shells raining down everywhere, he said, "Come along, Padre".' When Egen showed reluctance, Tatham-Warter reassured him. 'Don't worry,' he said, 'I've got an umbrella.'

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

Mr. Clark wrote:

> So theoretically, there could be female troops in CM.

I expect to see a 'Rape and Pillage' command (which, of course, would also apply to German SS units earlier on).

David

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please explain how female soviet troops would execute rape command!

killmore wrote:

> Please explain how female soviet troops would execute rape command!

They use the regimental goat.

------------------

Oh cool, Macho women with big guns...and beards they must have, really long beards like those we saw at the Olympic Games by the chinese athletes. Prone to fanaticism they have to be, ripping apart german armour with their bare hands.

Lets not forget about the late war german BDM Kampfgruppe, each individual a real, mean Kampfmaschine capable of performing combat actions which put the Rambo movies to shame.

I have a vision...

( Huch? Where are my pills?)

------------------

Ich liebe Dein! Ich kann ohne Dir nicht bin.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

LOL...

CM2, winner of the "most tasteless game ever" award from all major game mags.

Seriously though... has anyone else heard of female crews being used to man AA by the Germans near wars end?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it was fairly common in all Axis countries (well, in Finland at least) to use women for such duties. Not in front-line units, however. At least for observation, as radars weren't common. And then there were women in headquarters, to make Ersatz Kaffee for Herr General, and to connect calls.

And then of course there were the Feld Bordells. A nearby Feld Bordell gives +5 morale bonus and -3 syphilis modifier. (Okay, who said anything about tastelessness...)

Jadayne wrote:

> and you guys thought "The Onion" was tasteless.

And war is in good taste, right? As long as everyone wears smart uniforms?

------------------

Don't mess with the fighting Ruski-ladies.

If any of you fellers have seen "Cross of Iron", you know what happens to raping Germans. Let's just say "Bye-bye Mr. Willy"

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"