Tiger 1 source

Heads up guys, Tamiya, much beloved by the modellers amongst us have just released a series of source CDs. I just got the tiger 1 today ..... It's fantastic. Plans, stills, camo schemes, tech specs, markings, 360 degree photos, movies.

They also do T34, and Sherman M4, plus planes

The series has just launched so more subjects to follow.

Enjoy!

28 pounds sterling

I've been browsing for 2 hours now, and barely scratched the surface (rather like a sherman) It has english translation of 3 field manuals..maintainance, operation, and 88mm gunnery!!!!!

It is really well put together. I'm hooked

Check out your local model shop, rather than your usual software hut, There maybe a mention at www.tamiya.com

My local model shop was good enough to lend me the tamiya rep's business card/cd rom, with samples on.

There is a great table of penetration ranges and shot type, etc.

You gotta get it!

Moriarty....I may not be the first to use Wittmann, but thanks for the welcome anyway....fancy a battle?

Check out your local model shop, rather than your usual software hut, There maybe a mention at www.tamiya.com

My local model shop was good enough to lend me the tamiya rep's business card/cd rom, with samples on.

There is a great table of penetration ranges and shot type, etc.

You gotta get it!

Moriarty....I may not be the first to use Wittmann, but thanks for the welcome anyway....fancy a battle?

I went to their site and didn't see any mention of the CD, but there was a page on a 1/16 scale radio controlled Tiger I with video clips. They have an optional turret you can purchase that "shoots" a laser beam that can be detected as a "hit" by another RC tank. Who needs CM now? We just need RC infantry and we're all set.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Moriarty....I may not be the first to use Wittmann, but thanks for the welcome anyway....fancy a battle?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may be right and I well may be mistaken, but it's nice to see the sig out here again if I am. The welcome stands and as far as the game goes, sure. You have my e-mail. I'll play any side, any scenario or QB.

------------------

"Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" — Oddball

"Crap." — Moriarty

Just so's ya know, Tamiya's 1/16 Tiger 1 runs about $700US (list $1300!) Check Model Expo at

modelexpoinc.com

search on product # TM56010

Some of the description ...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The ULTIMATE R/C TANK! Be the commander of Germany's famous Tiger I WWII tank! You'll experience the sights and sounds of this legendary war machine as you start the engine, track the enemy, set your sights and... fire! The motor roars at a deafening pitch. The tank lumbers forward, reverses and pivots. The massive turret moves into position. The main gun fires with a shriek and a flash...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest machineman

A nice article on building a Tamiya radio controlled Sherman:

"Model tanks are, on the face of it, a cool idea. Re-enact your favourite scenes from A Bridge Too Far, or Saving Private Ryan, or The Beast, or for that matter Kelly's Heroes, in your back yard! Crush your Matchbox cars! Tow a beer trailer! Et cetera!"

http://www.dansdata.com/sherman.htm

[This message has been edited by machineman (edited 11-07-2000).]

• 1 month later...

About Tamiya Absolute CD-ROM can be found here:

http://www.tamiya.com/english/absolute/absolute.htm

Looks like they have more than just Tiger I: T-34, M4 are just released.

For Warbirds lovers, they have Spitfire, P51 and Bf-109.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

[This message has been edited by GriffinCheng+ (edited 01-08-2001).]

I nearly choked this lunchtime...My model shop proprietor, who told me of the CD-ROM, and tamiya's 1/16th scale RC tiger, today told me of plans to produce a kit in stages, at great expense, in METAL , with a petrol 2-stroke engine

Hmmm....I wonder what the main gun will fire...30.08 :)

[This message has been edited by Wittmann (edited 01-09-2001).]