New Vehicles

And the SturmTiger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Exclamations may resemble those stolen from MadMatt but are actually clever, Taiwanese duplicates. I swear)

Oh, and there has been talk about an expansion and more talk about saving everything for CM2, no confirmations, though.

------------------

You wouldn't know the dust of Thermopylae if it came up to you, handed you a business card reading "Dust of Thermopylae, 480 B.C.E.", then kicked you in the shins.

-Hakko Ichiu

Yeah, I'm all for more vehicles smile.gif AFAIK no Ferdinands were used in NW Europe but there are a few others that haven't been included:

1) German Sdkfz222 A/C

2) British AEC A/C - Puma-lovers eat yer hearts out. This little 4-wheel beauty came in 6pdr and 75mm flavours - not a weedy little 50mm...

3) German SP Guns on captured French chassis as used by the 21st PD in Normandy in large numbers. Invented by some German Major called...er, can't think of the name right now wink.gif

4) Lots more German armoured H/T versions on the 250 and 251 chassis.

5) Sherman Flail

6) Flakpanzer 38t - the standard flakpanzer in the panzer divisions. Far more used than Wirbelwinds, Ostwinds etc.

7) CharB1 flammpanzer as used during Market Garden.

8) Those US H/Ts you mentioned.

9) Polish Cromwells.

10) Panzer IV B or C as used by the 21st PD in Normandy.

I'm kinda surprised that both the Ostwind and the Wirblewind were included while the M-16 wasn't. They were far rarer than the halftrack......

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"

To include everything, there would be literally hundreds more vehicles in the game (and thousands of hours of coding to put them there).

They did they best they could. Everyone has a wishlist for new inclusions (me included, and it ain't a small list), but let's be patient.

------------------

Sounds like 100% weapons-grade bolonium to me.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by howardb:

It's sounds credible to me that they didn't include the m-16 because it isn't really needed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree with the lack o necessity of the M-16 wink.gif

Every time the Germans tried to overran an Arty Btty in the Ardennes, the M-16s stop them froze. Quoting someone a long time ago in the Forum: "They don't call it Meatgrinder for nothing"

Ariel

Guest Michael emrys

I was just reading the other day that the Germans briefly used a platoon or so of Renault tanks on the Cotentin Penninsula. I don't see how we will be able to live without them.

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

And the SturmTiger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking this tank would only pull off one or two shots per game, wouldn't it? Ah but what impact they could have...

I have a list too, but I'm already amazed at all the vehicles they managed to put in.

Thanks BTS.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Yeah, I'm all for more vehicles AFAIK no Ferdinands were used in NW Europe...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to Charles Whiting, in his book "Siegfried", Ferdinands from the 34th Assault Gun Brigade were used in the defense of the Siegfried line, and came up against Task Force Rose from the US 3rd Armoured Division. However, I would seriously question the veracity of his account, as he recalls the Ferdinand as having a 90mm Main Gun, and the M4 Sherman as having a 77mm Main Gun confused.gif

This was discussed in a thread a couple days ago. Anyway the sturmtiger's main weapon was "an assault mortar, a short barreled 38cm rw61 L/5.4 mortar projector. The shell for this monster weapon weighed 376kg and it had a range of 5500m. These rounds were so heavy, they required 4 men and the use of a small crane to operate the gun alone".

I'd much rather see something like the brummbar which was a modified panzer IV with a 15 cm stuH assault howitzer in a ball mount.

-johnS

Well, just one note about the Brummbar. The reason for not putting it in was its shortest range was to long to include for CM's scale.

More German halftrack varients would be cool. IIRC, Talonsoft's West Front had a few more varients in it.

------------------

Be sure and check out my texture mods on CMHQ.

Dave "Ol' Blood & Maximus Butticus" Molinarolo

Re: the Brumbear and Sturmtiger

Ignoring that they were incredibly rare, they had a rate of fire that would be measured in minutes per round... I think it was the Brumbear that took ten minutes for a well trained crew to load. Personally I'm glad BTS didn't add curiosities like this.

Re: the M16

This has got to be the most glaringly absent vehicles in the game.

------------------

Simon

http://members.tripod.com/~sjuncal/ammodump/

Reload of the Sturm was about 10min for and experienced crew.

It wouldn't shoot much in a game, max of 6,(had only a load of 13)

but it would come in handy in a dirty city fight where you would blow up just a piece of the street in stead of capturing it :)

Plus ,it's a damn fine looking vehicle!!!

Brummbär had the same reload as the Hummel, maybe a bit slower as the Hummel was open topped.

Maximus,

The brummär could also fire direct, like the Hummel! Why do you think it had such a thick font superstructure 100mm!!

more info http://www.achtungpanzer.com/brum.htm

S.