Final Graphics? YOU CANT HANDLE THE FINAL GRAPHICS! Saturday Afternoon CMHQ Update!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Thats right, you heard me. I have the FIRST screenshot taken with finalized graphics! What you see here will be what you will see in the game (well unless they change something tongue.gif). So head on over to CMHQ and bask in the warm glow of finished graphics! biggrin.gif

Very soon, you will be getting more POTDs than you could ever want filled with finalized graphics...

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

And if it's NOT on CMHQ then its just GOT to be on CMHQ-ANNEX... Coming Soon!!!

combathq.thegamers.net

Guest Madmatt

I honestly can't figure this out as it works on several machines that I have with both Netscape 4.7 and Netscape 6...What does it do? Just a black screen?

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

Guest Madmatt

Umm ok, you people REALLY need to read the text that comes with those POTDs and the face issue was covered IN DETAIL a long time ago...

Its random...

Yes thats a scope on the sharpshooter...

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

Guest Madmatt

Yeah, by digging out an old version of Netscape 4.06 I was finnaly able to get this to do the same thing...Now to figure out how to fix it... My recommendation would be to upgrade your browser though! wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

Wow, the graphics look great. I'll chime in also in saying CMHQ won't work with Netscape 4.7 at all, just a black screen. I loaded up IE5 and went to CMHQ, and well, what can I say? The main content loaded before the ads did, methinks I will miss watching the ads load 7 or 8 times before the main body under Netscape...then again maybe not wink.gif

Ron

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

and the face issue was covered IN DETAIL a long time ago...

Madmatt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's amazing that people still comment about that. If they'd just do a little research on your CMHQ then they'd know, wouldn't they?

PS. I can't decide on what to do concerning IE. I have version 4.0, I just downloaded the IE5.0 setup file. After reading some of the user comments on browser.com, I'm not sure whether I should go ahead on install v5.0.

Well - I did see something about "submit your faces" or something or other on CMHQ a while back - but that screen shot with the two groups or infantry each with what appears to be the same allocation of faces got me wondering. I'm afraid OB&G there is SO MUCH to this game that I find it difficult to keep tabs on every feature - especially when I only have a beta demo sitting here. wink.gif

Oh well, all will change soon.

Guest Madmatt

Thats not Steve and yes it IS the exact same sceanrio and approximate view as that older POTD. I did that so you can see the difference in the uniforms.

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

Guest Big Time Software

Mark IV, nah... that isn't an MP28. Those really weren't in use long before this point in the war. In fact, they only saw limited front line service with Waffen SS and Polizei troops in the first year or two of the war. After that they were pretty much all handed over to police and other rear units. Reason was simple -> the MP40 was available in quantity where as before the MP38 was harder to come by due to smaller production figures. And since the SS was self funded, they didn't try and compete with the Army, instead they just bought up older/captured stuff until the Army became responsible for equiping them.

Steve

I'm happy with Internet Explorer v5 - but then its part pof WIn 98 se, so why bother getting another browser? Save HD space too smile.gif

Ohh the Gold demo must be soon :P

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there, or grab a CM Wallpaper! :P

Guest Madmatt

Yes, with the help of Hunt_52 I figured out what was causing the Black Screen of Nothing error. Apparently certain builds of Netscape (and the older ones seemed to be ok, it was the newer versions that choked mostly) dont like formated text borders embedded into exisiting tables. The small 'Picture of the Day' text under the POTDs was causing the problem. Everything should be ok now across browsers. I will just have to be careful about how fancy I can get! wink.gif

Thanks for patience and happy browsing...

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 04-30-2000).]

When I first saw the screenshot I thought the uniforms for the paras looked all wrong,a bit too dark and missig some green,but then I found a picture showing the same uniforms as the -44 type.Excellent.

BTS has really put so much detail in it borders on the absurd,which,BTW,is where I live.

G-D

[This message has been edited by Ghost Dog (edited 04-30-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Ghost Dog (edited 04-30-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

Yeah, colors are by nature subjective, but uniform ones are very subjective smile.gif One of the problems is that a lot of the pictures we see are of the real thing in museums. These tend to be washed out due to being under light day after day, year after year. You can tell when a museum is really concerned about this, because it is largely dark. The fantastic BW museum in Koblenz has a uniform room that is quite dark IIRC.

Anyhoo, as you foud out this is the way it is supposed to look. I have a post war version that the Bundeswehr used hanging on my wall right in front of me each and every day. Pretty close match!

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

Ghost Dog,

Good pic! I had intended on doing the early Tan and Water example, but decided against it. I wanted to choose a smock that was more representative of the FJ in general and, from what I could tell, the original pattern was more common in Normandy and continued to be fielded all the way to the end of the war. But then again, my FJ uniform sources aren't what they could be if I had an extra $100 lying around smile.gif

Steve