I am getting killed on CloseCombat forum!

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by killmore:

People were mentioning new 3D wargames (like shogun). I just mentioned Combat mission. And people went after me with vengeance.

How did they got this inferiority complex?

Why would they compare CM with Rainbow6?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have a link for that forum - I just tried to find it on the SSI website, but they must have the webmaster from hell...

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

Guest Madmatt

Guys, i know you all mean well but proclaiming the virtues of Combat Mission on someone ELSES FORUM is not smart. Imagine how such a emisary of Close Combat would be treated here? Probably a little better but then some of our more talented flame artists would latch on and then out would surely come the padlock.

Pick your pulpits wisely my friends...Converts are to be had but NOT from the jaws of predators...

Leave the established dedicated game forums ALONE. Stick with general Game Sites (like gamesdomain and adrenaline vault, Happy Puppy, Combat Simulations, voodoo extreme, etc...) they tend to NOT have a a single game monopoly and the visotrs and posters will be much more inclined to listen...

Madmatt...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 06-15-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

I'd like to second Matt's comments.

It's fine to say on someone else's board "Hey guys, Combat Mission started shipping. You should check out the demo.", leaving it at that. But getting into a flamewar with harcore fans of another game doesn't help.

Your hearts are all in the right place. smile.gif Just use the more general gaming forums, like Matt mentioned, to get the word out. Thanks.

Charles

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 06-15-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Guys, i know you all mean well but proclaiming the virtues of Combat Mission on someone ELSES FORUM is not smart. Imagine how such a emisary of Close Combat would be treated here? Probably a little better but then some of our more talented flame artists would latch on and then out would surely come the padlock.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, but the difference is we have right on our side!

Like his Madness said, most of those folks over there at CC board are probably already brainwashed into thinking CC is the best thing since sliced bread. Their loss. CM is a far superior game to any all 4 of the CC games and I havn't even had the pleasure to play the full version of CM yet!

Mikester out.

I was one of those who mentioned downloading the demo on the CC board.

I also offered to sell CC 1 thru 4 if anyone was interested. I was merely kidding. I just wanted to indicate that I at least have those four games, played them, and thus knew what I was talking about.

Guess I should have included a couple of smilies there...

I returned there today finding a "warzone." That was not my intention.

I don't think I was wrong in doing what I did, but I agree with Madmatt that we can draw attention to something, but best leave it at that. A die-hard Sudden Strike fan wouldn't stand a chance on this board, for example.

I've witnessed some flamewars on this board. People tend to get a bit a bit cruel and childish (no offence intended, I do it myself) at times like that. I am happy, however that things do not degenerate to the level of posts I've seen in said thread (solely my opinion!).

Lastly, I'd like to thank you, Madmatt, for the response you posted. It was just what that thread needed.

Anybody wanna buy CC 1 thru 4? biggrin.gif

------------------

I've just about had it with sig's

Madmatt:

I just read through the CM thread on the CC forum. Matt you are right and a warm soft fuzzy too wink.gif However, after reading what some of our guys posted over there, I am not surprised that one described it as

Here we go again, the acolytes have completed their training and have been released upon an unsuspecting world. CMers or Scientologists, take yer pick....CM is the first game I have seen that has created its own missionary force setting out to convert the world.

That's the way we come across! If we saw a bunch of people who joined our forum the day before and started saying how "their" game is best we'd be pissed. If you want to convert people do not confront them. Join their community, genuinely appreciate their games and you can causally mention thaat you saw CM and it looked intriguing. Look if CM is as good as we think and feel, it WILL come out just fine in any competition. As several folks here have said they have both games. Let evolutionary survival of the fittest take it's course. Hey remember the platyapus(sp?) is still extant,but not dominant.

Welllllllllllllll then (take some deep breaths), let nature takes it course. If you believe in CM then all that has to happen is to get it on their hard disk. The game sells itself.

Frankly, and listen closely, those type of posts and behaviors will cause Combat Mission more DAMAGE than good. So lighten up. Good will prevail, light will dispel darkness, trust in the force (of combat mission) smile.gif but the fact that not everyone will appreciate does not mean the end times are upon us. Enjoy that you are playing it and they aren't. But dearly beloved the worse thing is to be a true blue flame breathing proslityzer.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by killmore:

All I said was:

"Combat Mission is out - Real WWII 3D game!"I am so much happier on this forum...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, thanks for the link Killmore. That was - educational, shall we say?

Although I think if someone came here announcing a new CC demo, there would be at least some raised eyebrows. Also, it looks as if there were only three posters exploring the gutter, from below.

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Although I think if someone came here announcing a new CC demo, there would be at least some raised eyebrows. Also, it looks as if there were only three posters exploring the gutter, from below.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only did it because people were talking about other 3D war games. I did not start the 3D topic.

Capt Manieri you ought to be ashamed of yourself. I certainly hope you are not an acting officer in any of our armed forces.

I am an avid Close combat 2 fan(3 & 4 I hated) I play CC2 almost everyday I am very active on both ladders, which have at any given time an active membership of 500+ people.

Are all these people morons too? I think your a moron because I dont agree with you... Thats basically about all your post is worth.

I also play CM and will buy it as well, but dont berate any class of people because a FEW of them are jerks.

Pop

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Popfreak:

Capt Manieri you ought to be ashamed of yourself. I certainly hope you are not an acting officer in any of our armed forces.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pop, welcome. That is a really good one, look up 'Capt. Manieri's' profile, you'll be surprised. I won't say anymore, I shan't spoil it.

Killmore, I understood that. I think the two or three guys who responded completely over-reacted, and proved (as if proof was needed) that having a computer and having manners is a lucky combo, not a necessary one. Oh, or having a clue for that matter.

Please note that all smilies on this iBook had to dance the 'Schwerer Ãœberpanzer Chacha' until they keeled over and died.

------------------

Andreas

jdmorse said

"Hey remember the platyapus(sp?) is still extant,but not dominant."

Hey! Leave the platypus alone! The idea that monotremes (Marsupial mammals that lay eggs and suckle their young!) are somehow primitive is a conceit of some other mammals. Each line of evolution has had an equal length of time to evolve in its particular niche, and the platypus is an example of a superbly adapted animal. Echidnas and Platypus are also pretty smart, comparable to other similarly sized placental mammals.

Oh! Have I wandered a little off topic here??? wink.gif

Yeah CC sucks (that should retrieve the situation)

Bruce

Guest Scott Clinton

I have CC2 and CC3.

I still play both CC2 and CC3.

Both are damn fine games, with the REALPARA and REALRED patches!

If you don't know about these patches or have not used them, then you don't know **** about these games.

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.