I am getting killed on CloseCombat forum!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scott Clinton:

Both are damn fine games, with the REALPARA and REALRED patches!

If you don't know about these patches or have not used them, then you don't know **** about these games.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry Scott, but I haven't been connected to the internet for more than, say, 15 months. Before that I didn't even know what a patchwas. There are no doubt a lot of CC players out there that are not connected. Do they all know **** about the game? Is it their fault the patch wasn't in the original game when they bought it?

Well, I've got all CC games, and I've NEVER heard of the patches. In your opinion (I think) I have no right to comment on these games. I disagree. That's all.

------------------

I've just about had it with sig's

Hey men, lighten up, I have played all of the cc series and some are good, some not so good , but there are a lot of dedicated fans over there that have made the game playable with many good mods, there are some jerks just like the ones iv'e seen here, all in all they have some talented people that are dedicated to the series, so if you can persuade them to at least look at CM then I think the community will grow very fast, but you won't do it by antagonizing them.

Juji, the realred and realpara are not patches, they are mods done by the players,and actually make the game a lot better, along with some graphics mods, sound mods, etc, etc, just like it happens here, they are actually grognards just like the rest of us. I'd put a smilie here but I would probably get Penged!!!!

The comment on the CC3 forum would have been taken personaly,as it is basically the site where the original game has been hacked to the extent there are 7 complete game mods{Western Front, France 1940, Real Red-Russian Front,Vietnam war,Pacific war, and Korean war,WW1 in the pipeline, plus numerous mods from these.}Plus they have created map, sound, graphic Editors.All these contributions are made by the gamers, with no monetry gain, and all are historically correct.They have included all Vehicles,Infantry Teams and Air-support for thes theatre's.

This knowledge in development is now benefitting CM. Krazydog Dan was one of many who contributed to the cc series, and now plays his part in CM.

I am now totally a CM addict,but all development starts somewhere, before CC,I didn't see anything like a real battlefield.With this,I feel respect should be shown for their forum.

P.S.Being a Junior member,have I broken rank's. smile.gif

Come on guys!

Did you see what was posted on the SSI CC4 board? Give me a break, and thank Fionn and Madmatt for popping in and calming the whole mess down.

I play CC mods a lot, and am a supporter of CM too. Can't you just let people do what they want, and stop starting childish fight on other forums.

I think that if Killmore took so much flack on the Ryan Ross' TGN forum, it is because of that "child" who posted abusive comments on the SSI/CCIV board (calling a CC poster a dickhead).

That does not help CM at all, and it is a true shame. Grew up!

Karl

At last some sense prevails. Thank goodness there *are* true wargamers here.

I've played the whole CC series, own 3 and 4, and yes I have ordered CM smile.gif

I discovered CM last November, but it didn't make me think, yikes CC is pants. Rather I thought it would make a great addition to my wargames collection, and depending on my mood I play CC or CM because thats MY choice.

I must admit I was in two minds as to post this after reading some of the responses here.

Anyway, to sum up, as a wargame there is no doubt whatsoever that CM is better than CC, BUT, CC is very playable - especially with the mods. You must try the West Front (1944), Vietnam and Real Red mods before flaming the game. They give the series new life...

------------------

PTG

I posted a reply to someone about CM too. What surprises me is that the mentioning of CM was not in a confrontational manner, at least in one post.

Some people just went nutso about it and started spewing dung in all directions about how lame the various abstracions and features in CM are.

But seriously, how well would YOU treat a person who, on this forum, claimed CC was better than CM? Probably like **** ...

MK

Hey pop,

Read the CC forum and you'll see why I think they are jerks. Killmore posted in a non confrontational manor and they blew up at him. Those people are unstable and are jerks...like Yankee fans. So pop, why don't you stop playing CC and play a nice rousing game of, "hide and go F*#&K yourself!"

Guest Zulu1

Think of it this way. The guys on the CC forum (and a lot of them can be classed as grognards too) can see the light. CC5 is more of the same, basically its an addon to CC4. Its hard to let go. I bought CC1, and for all its faults I loved it because it was at the time the best wargame out there. CC2 was awesome and against others on the zone one hell of a game. Its still fun on the zone. CC3 had lots of problems, RealRed helped. CC4, lost my interest. CC5, IMHO is an addon to CC4.

Read the CC forum. A lot of them feel this way. They see CC for what it could be, and what the suits made it into. CM is the F86 as compared to the P51 but the P51 is still a fine plane.

Eventually, a lot of them will see the light. If they don't, well then it's they that will be missing out.

I agree with most of the replies here. I admit to being a CM convert. I bought CC 1 and 2 as soon as they came out. Still love CC2. I was always facinated with Operation Market Garden. (Which must be obvoius to those who saw my movie thread.) Skipped CC3 and bought CC4. Still love the game for its innovation at the time and will still play it now and again, but from the moment I played the Gold Demo, every thing I always wanted CC to be was realized. For those who still hold fast to loving CC, great for them, but CM is definitely the future, hands down. I'm not buying CC5 but you can believe I'll be buying CM2-CMx. Thanks BTS for making a beautiful game.

Guest Big Time Software

Yes, everybody should calm down. If someone wants to think that there can be only ONE good wargame, then that right there shows that they aren't worth the effort.

And knock off the over the top fighting language. It only reflects negatively upon yourself, this forum, and in a way Combat Mission.

Steve