pbem people. (hope thats right.)

Hello.

My name is Sara. My Husband Lorak (Larry) was in an accident on his way to work this afternoon. He is ok, but they say it will be several days to a week before he can come home. He ask me to post a message for people he is pbeming. (hope thats right.)

He says he is sorry for delay and hopes you guys will wait for him. If not he says he understands, as most games are just being started.

I tried following his instructions. If this is posted in the wrong place I am sorry. If it is would someone be kind enough to place it where it should go?

I guess this is one way to get his undivided attention for awhile. smile.gif

Thank you.

Sara

Sara, I'm not in one of those games with your husband, but I wanted to tell you that I'm impressed by your willingness to type that message for him smile.gif And, wish him a speedy recovery from all of us Combat Mission fans.

Guest Gunnerdream

I would also like to chime in with some speedy recovery wishes! Tell him to get well soon so he can return to the front lines!

Gunnerdream...floating down through the clouds...

hello Sara!

best wishes to your husband and please tell him that this kind of accidents are not allowed until I had the the chance to play against him!! smile.gifsmile.gif

ps: and please tell him I'm NOT drunk at the moment!

smile.gif

Hope it wasn't too serious. Hope you get well soon, Larry.

Sara, you are lucky this happened before the full game arrived or you'd find the hospital bill had a $3000 charge for "Consulting Dr. Laptop" added to it.

Matt

I'm damn sorry to hear that. I'm actually one of his PBEM opponents and I'd appreciate if you could pass on to him that:

1. I hope that whatever has befallen him isn't too painful.

2. I'll wait patiently to destroy his pathetic American forces in my Valley of Death wink.gif.

3. That he'd better get his Sasanach ( Pronounced "Sas-anak" ) ass back into gear soon or I'll come looking for his malingering butt wink.gif ( He'll get the sasanach reference.. Of course, if you're Irish you'll get it too wink.gif ).

P.s. Is there any chance of you being able to print out an e-card and give it to him if I send one to his email address?

------------------

Ask me politely and you'll get a complete and polite response. Act impolitely and I'll ignore you forever. Your choice.

This sig is so NO-ONE can say they haven't been warned about my stance on this subject.

LORAK!!!!!YOU COWARD. I have seen this sort of cheap trick from you before and it won't work this time. Oh wait....I'm not even playing him a game.

(Sara the above was just kidding. Tell he said that he hopes he his back in the saddle soon.)

wow! He said it wouldn't take long to see it I got it right. A lot of you here for a Friday night. no life? (just kidding). I live with it too.

As far as e-mail. I could do that. I'll have to get his password though. So It would be a day or so at best.

Fionn. If you knew our family, you would know how funny that is. I know good and well what a sasanach is. I'll pass on the message.

And Fionn if I might add... "you have the look of the presbyterian about ya"

Thank you all. I'll try to check in every once in a while.

Sara

Guest Madmatt

Sara,

Please tell that husband of yours that he is in Madmatt's prayers and I sincerely hope for his speedy recovery, well so I can properly crush his pathetic attempt at a chat server of course! wink.gif

Actually if possible could you email me at madmatt@cinci.rr.com as I have a small request of you that I think would make Larry happy. Or at least a bit more comfortable...

Thank you and you have my best wishes!

Not so 'Mad'matt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

And if it's NOT on CMHQ then its just GOT to be on CMHQ-ANNEX...

CMHQ http://combathq.thegamers.net

CMHQ-Annex http://cmhq.tzo.com

Both now proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Black Sabot:

Sara,

Ask the nurses to have a computer with CM installed in his room. Trust me, it will help in his recovery wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No don't. Otherwise, he'll have no incentive to leave the hospital.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

Ethan

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

Is it Friday? Friday night? Yikes! I have no life.

Sara, I hope Lorak gets well soon. His presence on the board is like a little whiff of something not entirely unpleasant. or something.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Peng

(signature inappropriate for this posting)

Guest tom w

Hi Sara

I am not PBEM ing (Playing By E-Mail) any game with Lorak

but I thought I would post to let you know my thoughts are with him. He is part of our (well perhaps a little unusual) virtual or digital community and his comments and participation here will be (hopefully only briefly) missed. Thank you so much for sharing with us his misfortune and keeping us up to date, we all wish him and a very speedy and complete recovery.

May the karmic wheel of good fortune turn in his favour.

smile.gif

-tom w

*splutter*, *cough*, *rage* wink.gif

LOL. Nilim cinnte cad ataim ach taim cinnte nach bhfuilim e sin. ( It's Aran Island dialect so I hope you underestand (don't know how to do fadas in this)

Deirtear " Dia dhuit a chara. Taim chroi-bhriste mar chuala me go bhfuil tu san ospideal ach taim cinnte go mbeidh tu ceart go lear i gcupla la mar creidim go bhain ana mhaith i Sara. Tog go bog e agus tar ar ais go tapaidh."

Mas e do thoil e don grammar ach is e cuig bliain o shin an last taim a typailim " i ngaeilge" agus nilim chomh maith mar a raibh me.

Hope that made a little sense (I know I've just butchered diclentia etc but what the hell wink.gif )

Guest TOBRUK

Hello Sara,

Thank you for letting us know about Larry. It is devestating news, and we wish him the best.

I have PBEM'd him many times in the past. He always beat me, though. Let this be a lesson for the rest of you smile.gif

Seriously, Sara, tell him we miss him already. Hopes for a speedy recovery.

Tom

I have PBEM'd him many times in the past. He always beat me, though. Let this be a lesson for the rest of you

LOL

Poor Lorak. How is he ever going to survive without CM for a week?

Best of luck to you Larry.

Hey Sara,

Normally I just clown around here but this is serious so I'll calm down smile.gif I hope Larry recovers 110% and that he'll back soon. You've got all of our support out here in cyberland.

GET WELL SOON LARRY!!!

Oh BTW I'm sure you'll all love my sig. Especially Matt!

------------------

Hey I already got blown today, thats more than most people that read these threads!

- Madmatt

My website!

Jeez, the poor bastard! The week the GD comes out!

Maybe Steve or Charles should send him one of those 174+ page manuals, if they're in print yet (assuming he pre-ordered). That might keep him happy until he gets back in the saddle again.

Guest MantaRay

Sara must be a good name to have, as my wife is also named Sara. I think she would do this also, as she bought me this game as a gift.

Get well soon Lorak

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily