High-Res Firefly nearly ready.

great work. Personally, this highlights what I like most in mods, those little details that persoanlize and set them apart from the generic textures. Unit markings, insiginas, numbers all really make the game more alive. The recent Panther mods are another example. I already have used the earlier "option" pack for my Allied Sherman variants, and this makes me want more!!!(just call me a mod slut)

Keep up the great work and thanks to you and all those dedicated tweakers out there!

JD

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Any chance you could do a low-res as well for us folks with clunkers?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gaffertape,

It is my policy to supply a low-res version at the same time as I release the high-res set. (And I promise to check for Pink-Spot syndrome this time. redface.gif )

Now, a question: How many people use US and British tanks together?

I ask this because the Sherman II uses the same textures as the US M4A1. I am undecided as to whether it is worth making a multiple set with Brit/Can/Pole/US/FF textures and a batch-swapper-thingy, or just go for a generic one-texture-fits-all approach. The batch thing will only work if both forces are not present.

Fantastic. Love the markings. Minor point but I wish there weren't so many shared textures in the game - it would be be nice to do similar things for the soldier figures. Sleeve insignia for the Allies, Camo helmet covers etc for the Germans...

Guest SS Peiper

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marco Bergman:

Now, a question: How many people use US and British tanks together?

I ask this because the Sherman II uses the same textures as the US M4A1. I am undecided as to whether it is worth making a multiple set with Brit/Can/Pole/US/FF textures and a batch-swapper-thingy, or just go for a generic one-texture-fits-all approach. The batch thing will only work if both forces are not present.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Marco Great work, I like the batch thing as it gives you a choice of which on you want to use.

SS Peiper

Thanks for the info! And thanks for looking after the unfortunate.

Your modifications are superb; please continue the great work.

In regards to the M4A1 / Sherman II, I never combine armour forces, and I'd be happy with another swap file or a generic graphic.

Cheers!

GAFF

Great work Marco! I also enjoy using your batch files to quickly change out my allied tanks. I seem to be playing as allies a lot lately... and losing... frown.gif But having a great time doing it. I'm really interested in previewing your "knocked out" bitmaps, as those are the ones I end up seeing mostly... wink.gif Once more, a hearty THANK YOU to all you modders out there. You have made the game a visual pleasure. I can't believe all the whining I'm reading here about better graphics, yadda, yadda, yadda... I also enjoy the cranked up graphics of HL, UT, Q3, and this game compares to all these in graphics (with the mods, of course...) IMO.

Bob

Best Shermans in town, bar none.

Count me one who uses your batch files a lot and love them. I love the little details you have done and the nice sharpening detail throughout. Extraordinary.

I'm very happy with your allied armor mods. It sure is nice someone has interest there. And we sure are lucky its someone with a lot of talent and great skill.

Looking very much forward to this mod.

------------------

Garry Kump

Kump's CM Outpost

[This message has been edited by kump (edited 10-31-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

CMHQ stands ready to host them if you so desire.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing