The ugliest tank of WW2

Mace

Well, we've frequently had the "What's your favorite tank" topic.

Time for a change.

Which tank would you consider the most ugliest produced during WW2, prototypes included?

I personally think the American T31 Demolition tank prototype (a derivative of the Sherman) would have to be right up there at the top of the Fuglies!

Mace

Hi Mace,

There are several good candidates. Some unattractive ones are the Vickers Mk VI light tank, the Matilda Mk I, the Renault R35 light tank, the Somua S35 (the best tank facing the Germans in '41), the Grant, the M3 medium tank and, the Russian T-26B.

I think as the war progressed, the tanks got more "tank-like" with one gun, sloped armor etc., i.e the way we like to see them.

However, the number-one, overall ugliest tank of WWII was the Sherman M4. eek.gif

The Adder

adderlogo_tn.jpg

------------------

"The Germans are such a cruel and inhuman race; they have no word for fluffy"

Guest Germanboy

My vote goes to this abomination:

bovington2.jpg

Not Jon, the Matilda Mk. I, that is.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-11-2000).]

Gentlemen,

You miss the obvious. New Zealand is the land with the ugliest, most worthless piece or armor ever devised. Yes, as a few of you know, I found the Bob Semples. Go to:

http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/

Then go to New Zealand. Read about this masterpiece, then click on the picture to see it closer.

Then try not to laugh...

Rune

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rune:

Gentlemen,

You miss the obvious. New Zealand is the land with the ugliest, most worthless piece or armor ever devised. Yes, as a few of you know, I found the Bob Semples. Go to:

Then go to New Zealand. Read about this masterpiece, then click on the picture to see it closer.

Then try not to laugh...

Rune<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, now that is one ugly sumbitch.... ha ha ha

------------------

Jon Johnson

Audio/Video Productions

Matrix Games

Gentlemen,

Then try not to laugh...

Rune<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll bet ol' Bob thought it was pretty crash hot at the time though. Plus, consider this. Imagine BTS trying to calculate the angle of the "armour" when a round strikes its hull. All those corrugations would be hell to model in a game like Combat Mission! biggrin.gif

Regards

Jim R.

------------------

Steve to Combat Mission community:

"If it's not in Combat Mission it never happened in reality"... nah that's not what I meant

"If it's not in Combat Mission then the chances of it happening were miniscule"... hmmm, not quite

"If it's not in Combat Mission then we didn't have the resources to code it"... rats, we've employed more people now

"If it's not in Combat Mission, STIFF SH*T!"... yeh, that's what I meant to say :)

Gentlemen,

Then try not to laugh...

Rune<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rune, we've had this discussion before:

The sempler is a masterpiece of multi-functionality! What other AFV serves as both a tank and a shearing shed!

This is ultimate* AFV design specifically implemented for the NZ environment. wink.gif

Mace

*Corrected in response to those with a thesaurus out there wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Mace (edited 11-11-2000).]

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Gentlemen,

Then try not to laugh...

Rune<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow that thing must have been driven right through the "ugly forest", then fallen down the "ugly cliff" then landed in the "ugly lake" then got swept down the "ugly river" into the "ugly ocean". All the while sopping up every bit of "ugly" on the way... biggrin.gif

------------------

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."

gentlemem,

You have seen but Bob Semples, and Laughed out loud. I think my favorite thing about the tank is:

1. The main gunner laid on a matress on top of the engine.

followed by:

2. The tank could not change gears while in motion.

I guess they wanted to give the sheep a sporting chance to run away from this shed. LOL

Rune

Rune: That semple looks like an outhouse on tracks. To funny.

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

That Semples looks like something that the A-Team would throw together out of a forklift, some scrapmetal and a roll of duct tape. All it is missing is the flamethrower made out of the gas tank from the barbeque pit and the piece of used garden hose.

------------------

CrapGame

Buying CM for yourself is like giving lingerie to your significant other. It's the gift that keeps on giving back!