CM2 Wishlist: Sewers, multi-dimensional buildings

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka PanzerLeader:

And also what you're describing there is too specific to Stalingrad. It would be useless in all other scenarios. Very cool and even essential for any Stalingrad only

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but that's not true. Certainly in the battle for Aachen the Americans fought Germans in the sewer system.

------------------

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

1. Destructable terrain.

For example, pouring enough HE into woods, and you'd have sparse woods or clear.

I'd really like to see trees flying all over at heavy weapons barrage biggrin.gif

2. Fires spreading, and burning out.

Now, a 2 story building (or larger of availlable) is instantly engulfed in flames. It might start as a small fire or something.

When a wheat field starts burning, it's not likely for the fire to stay in the same spot for ages. Same for woods.

3. Really destructive AFV ammo storage explosions! Leaving nothing but itty bitty bits all around, hurting people nearby.

4. Driving over troops. I wanna! frown.gif

5. IG's and slow turreted vechiles guestimating the location of enemy.

Example:

"the folks I was just about to shoot disappeared into that patch of woods, I wonder where they're now? Duhh, I better rotate 90° to shoot that other bunch of troops just about to disappear on another patch of woods" confused.gif

Just blasting the last known location would be better.

Sewers are intriguing, but as someone said, you'd have to model individuals down there. Also, seems he who throws the first grenade should win. The only stress involved there is will your guys throw them first? JMO

------------------

Jeff Abbott

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juardis:

Sewers are intriguing, but as someone said, you'd have to model individuals down there. Also, seems he who throws the first grenade should win. The only stress involved there is will your guys throw them first? JMO

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say it could be done with current modeling, maybe only using the firepower of few first guys in the team.

As for individuals, I'd like that. Even as an optional representation. Like you can now choose between 2 and 3 men shown.

The things I would love to see are:

Over-runs, Cavalry, (this might be to much to ask but) captured eq use, spreading fire to other places, 3 (maybe higher?) level buildings, sewers,...

Just putting another voice behind what you guys have already said. smile.gif

• 6 months later...

In order to avoid starting another new thread on an old topic I'm adding to this one.

I'd like to see the following, please, in CM2:

* German 100mm gun, as used in direct fire role at Kamenowo and elsewhere. (See Macksey,

TANK VERSUS TANK, pp. 90-93.) This field expedient to get powerful guns forward to stop the T-34 was apparently fairly common in the early years in Russia.

* German towed 105mm howitzer for above engagement, artillery position overruns, etc.

* Russian field artillery for similar and streetfighting. Have seen a bunch of accounts of StuGs breaking through and wreaking havoc on same.

* Katyusha units as above. There were some recorded direct fire clashes between Katyushas and Panzers. Very exciting for all concerned.

* Supply dumps, munition dumps, etc.

* Camouflage visuals and detection adjustments

for vehicles, hasty and prepared defenses, and dumps.Would love to see nets or something.

* Better treatment of field fortifications. Years ago I saw a Bellona pub on the German ones. There were special covered positions for antitank guns and crews, from which the gun crew could simply emerge after the barrage ceased and roll the gun up a low ramp into firing position. Many others were shown, with full dimensions on the drawings. Doubtless similar info exists somewhere for the Russians.

*I'd really like to see the capability for planned demolitions of bridges and structures and the ability to generate secondary and tertiary defensive positions in the prepared defense. Proper entrenchments seem to be a must.

*Though I'm surprised we don't already have it, the platoon leader's 251 with a PaK 36 on it in lieu of the forward MG-34 would be a great touch.

Will no doubt think of more later, but this should get people thinking about the Eastern Front again, while there's still time to be heard.

Regards,

John Kettler

1., I need programing language for AI and

Mods.

The AI programming is understandable.

The Mod programing...:

I want setup BMPs for scenarios.

E.g.: Any scenario use LSAH division

and other Grossdeutschland... I want

store two version of BMPs for two div insignia...

2., I need North Africa scenarios and much

more nations (Italian, Russian...etc)

3., And more units from

"Before the Overlord": Pz38(t), Matilda,

PzII...etc

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dar:

I was contemplating last night what great fun it would be to have CM2 (after I've worn out my copy of CM1, of course) to recreate some great slugfests on the Eastern Front. One of the things that came to mind were the battles in the sewer systems in Stalingrad.

Dar<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sewers were also used by the Germans at Ortona in Italy ("Little Stalingrad") when fighting the Canadians there. It's a good idea.