Feedback and opinions wanted on this new CM Website offering a service to CM players

Hi everyone. I have finally finished my Combat Mission Website. (I was called Master Bates, my name is now changed to M. Bates).

The basic idea is this: CM players post their details using the messageboard provided.

Axis or Allies? Points? Tree Cover? Town or Village etc etc.

Hopefully it will tide the casual players over until TCP/IP is released.

Note: there are no ladders (at the moment anyway) at the site. It is intended for people who want a quick hour game of Combat Mission, without the hassle of PBEM.

I am really looking forward to the feedback so that I can make this site better. I am also looking at doing link exchanges with other Combat Mission sites.

Enjoy!!!

------------------

====================

Combat Mission by ICQ

http://go.to/combatmission

I say keep up the great work and don't let trolls get you down. I have been at this forum for a while now and dislike the growing trend of flaming other posters. I for one did not find your name offensive but can understand why you changed it. A lot of people on this board do not add anything useful and rarely post unless it is to trash other posters, and usually only after others have initiated it. Its kind of like jumping in on a fight just to get on the 'winning' side. I wish people would chill out over the harmless issues and just enjoy the game and get a sense of community back.

Thanks and sorry for the rant,

VS

Site looks nice, Mr. Bates.

Not sure why others feel compelled to mention MadMatts site whenever anyone else opens a web site, but I guess there's a reason they think they have to. I'm sure their sites are much closer to CMHQ than yours, or would be if they actually made a site instead of bitching that your free site and service aren't up to thier standards.

I'll use the site myself, for what that's worth. I'd love to play via ICQ, instead of one or two turn a day email's.

Thanks Pham911,

I haven't had much of a look at other people's sites. Perhaps my ICQ idea would be better if it was incorporated into another Combat Mission site.

There are a few tricks I can use so that the site is less liable to being "abused", I will put these in over the weekend.

If the good people in the Combat Mission Community can't use it properly I can always have a form which is submitted to my email account, and from there I can cut and paste games up onto the site or even this forum in a daily digest.

Keep the ideas coming!!

------------------

====================

Combat Mission by ICQ

Yeah that is very cool.

If you were really sick (and had no life at all), you'd come up with a way to feed that into a script that would drive CM, let people choose their OOB as well, (using the regular purchase options, not just QB) and automatically generate a game with a tournament save. Eliminate the need to use a second to generate such battles.

Ted, ICQ lets you transfer larger files than some e-mail services allow. Some of the turns files get pretty big. Also, M. Bates told me that many people use web based e-mail such as hotmail and that it is a pain to manage the turns. You also get to chat with each other in real time. Other than that I don't know of any benefits.

When playing by ICQ each person sends files via ICQ and places them in their CMBO PBEM folder. Then you play the turns as you would if transfered by e-mail.

I think I will drop support for the site, since it will just get spammed and abused so much.

Perhaps I'll look at creating a site for casual players, but Battlefront.com surely must have a drop down link menu or something for community sites.

Otherwise people just post useless messages to forums in order to publicise their site.

------------------

====================

Combat Mission by ICQ